GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26

+12
LethalLehner
PTFlea
Hoags
strachattack
Ev
NEELY
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Riprock
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

I was at the game tonight and the crowd are loving Anderson. I heard people around me commenting on his play. The crowd really go into the young guys too. This should show melnyk that the Ottawa fans are willing to accept a rebuild and still support the team. And as someone mentioned, it was a sell-out to boot.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LethalLehner wrote:I was at the game tonight and the crowd are loving Anderson. I heard people around me commenting on his play. The crowd really go into the young guys too. This should show melnyk that the Ottawa fans are willing to accept a rebuild and still support the team. And as someone mentioned, it was a sell-out to boot.

We have to see how people react after the Sens lose three in a row - badly. Because that's gonna happen as much as winning like tonight. Anderson's showing that he can steal games though - that might help ease the burden slightly next year.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:My worst nightmare if we keep winning

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

At this moment.. what not re-hire Clouston. He has this team playing very well (part of that is goaltending also) -- but he gets the young guys to play. He knows how to work with them. So since this team is a lot younger next season.. then why not Clouston?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

At this moment.. what not re-hire Clouston. He has this team playing very well (part of that is goaltending also) -- but he gets the young guys to play. He knows how to work with them. So since this team is a lot younger next season.. then why not Clouston?

Ahhhhh! No no no no no no no no no no no. We have been winning because of Anderson, and because young players are motivated since they just got called up and are playing big minutes, not because of anything Clouston is doing - he's just letting them play (except Locke haha). Clouston does not deserve another contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A few people saw Michalek on crutches after the game. Daugavins for the win?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Really becoming a fan of Lee. Blocking shots, taking the man, moving the puck, totally turned himself into an NHL D man.

Karlsson, man he's really going to have to learn the defensive side of things because he is struggling to say the least. Needs to compete a lot harder as well.

He gets burned on the outside often, and what I think is happening is he's starting to feel the impact of those 29min of TOI in october/november.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

That play screamed broken foot. If so, expect another waiver wire pickup.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, clearly Spezza does NOT make the players around him better. Instead, he injures them.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26 - Page 4 805406 No no no no no no no no no no no. We have been winning because of Anderson, and because young players are motivated since they just got called up and are playing big minutes, not because of anything Clouston is doing - he's just letting them play (except Locke haha). Clouston does not deserve another contract.

This, the goaltending has completely transformed our defensemen.
Anderson is not doing anything special, he's just playing like a N1 goalie. Most teams get performances like this the whole season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy crap, we won.

Holy crap, Phillips scored his first goal of the year.

Holy crap, the lottery pick is in jeopardy!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
This, the goaltending has completely transformed our defensemen.
Anderson is not doing anything special, he's just playing like a N1 goalie. Most teams get performances like this the whole season.

It's shocking isn't it ?

We get a #1 goalie and it's almost a different team. Can't help but wonder how much Leclaire and Elliott demoralized the team the past 2 years.

We'd probably be in the playoff hunt if Anderson was here at the start.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wow....one of the better games played this year. I don't know what to say...I guess the flyers should be concerned because after foligno's goal, they got their Donkey handed to them by a bunch of minor leaguers. That was great to see Anacondra (dibs on this name) and Phillips score. Kinda emotional for phillips if this was his last game for ottawa and he found a way to score.

anyways, I didn't give this team a snowball's chance in hell to win this game and they surprised us all. THe kids are all right! And funny part is...they're mostly Muckler draft picks! Ahhhhh!

P.S. NASHVILLE LOST!!!!!!!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:wow....one of the better games played this year. I don't know what to say...I guess the flyers should be concerned because after foligno's goal, they got their Donkey handed to them by a bunch of minor leaguers. That was great to see Anacondra (dibs on this name) and Phillips score. Kinda emotional for phillips if this was his last game for ottawa and he found a way to score.

anyways, I didn't give this team a snowball's chance in hell to win this game and they surprised us all. THe kids are all right! And funny part is...they're mostly Muckler draft picks! Ahhhhh!

P.S. NASHVILLE LOST!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna go with Condi for Erik Condra's nickname.

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26 - Page 4 Condoleezza.Condi.Rice.2005

Or we can call him "Secretary of State". Would work better if we were in Washington.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:It's shocking isn't it ?

We get a #1 goalie and it's almost a different team. Can't help but wonder how much Leclaire and Elliott demoralized the team the past 2 years.

We'd probably be in the playoff hunt if Anderson was here at the start.

It's also replacing the old guard with young, hungry players. I love the way young guys play - like every shift could be their last. It's so revitalizing to a lineup that had fallen miserably into a slow, oldish lineup. Condra, Greening and Butler could all make our team next year, and that's an exciting energy to go with Winchester, Z.Smith, Foligno etc.

Regin has to hope he didn't play himself out of the NHL this year.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I personally would like to call him Peter Condra.

Fun game tonight. Got to love the look on Condra's face after his goals, pure jubilation, same with Phillips. That's what it's all about.

Please lock-up Andy now!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:I was at the game tonight and the crowd are loving Anderson. I heard people around me commenting on his play. The crowd really go into the young guys too. This should show melnyk that the Ottawa fans are willing to accept a rebuild and still support the team. And as someone mentioned, it was a sell-out to boot.

You're not thinking of changing your nickname again,a re you? Sarcasm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:

You're not thinking of changing your nickname again,a re you? Sarcasm

Laugh1 Nope, though I am pretty impressed with Anderson so far.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, are we playing "loosey goosey, no pressure" hockey now?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum