GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak officially requests trade

+8
Riprock
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:52 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Yeah, I saw those and some from his days at Colgate too. Then you have to consider size and such...

That's true, they're pretty big. There was a cool one of Clouston and him side by each. Did you see that one? He looks pretty serious in it.

I like yours though, it's cool. Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 754246

32Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Halak is better than Price, IMO. At the moment anyway. I still think Price has been ruined by being in Montreal and being thrown to the wolves so soon in his career. Not sure he'll ever bounce back from that.

Who will they have as backup if Halak is gone?

Sad day for Montreal fans for sure.

33Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:05 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I'd ship Elliott and 2nd for Halak in a heartbeat.

34Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Sens should make a move for Halak.

That ship has sailed now IMO.

What do you mean? Do you think we made a pitch already?

35Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This centennial just gets better and better....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

36Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:This centennial just gets better and better....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm delighted.

Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 65556

37Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:10 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm excited; I can see Murray making this deal;

38Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:10 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

oh ... and I only have 74 to go before I reach 1000 !!! Smile

39Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Sens should make a move for Halak.

That ship has sailed now IMO.

What do you mean? Do you think we made a pitch already?

I don't know, but I remember when the Habs hadn't signed him, there were a few of us here trumpeting for the Sens to make a 1.2 million a year offer sheet to him X 2 years. That way the Habs probably wouldn't have matched because you can't trade a guy who you match for one year.

I thought that was the right thing to do back then, political correctness be damned, but...we didn't and we have a guy who's arguable better in Leclaire, so I guess it all worked out.

My point there specifically was that we had our chance at Halak and now we don't really need him. Besides, Halak wants to be a starter - and we have a starter already.

Right?

40Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:13 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

They could split the games 50/50 or 60/40. We absolutely need Halak.

41Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:They could split the games 50/50 or 60/40. We absolutely need Halak.

What are you doing with Elliott then?

42Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:16 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

That's what I said earlier. Elliott + 2nd round 2010 for Halak. I might even sweeten the pot with a mid-level prospect

43Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:They could split the games 50/50 or 60/40. We absolutely need Halak.
"They" as in Elliott and Halak or Halak and Leclaire? Leclaire will be back soon... I don't see us making a move for Halak...

EDIT: I see now what you meant. You're saying Leclaire + Halak > Leclaire + Elliott.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

44Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

They as in Halak and Leclaire

45Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:That's what I said earlier. Elliott + 2nd round 2010 for Halak. I might even sweeten the pot with a mid-level prospect

Gainey says he thinks Halak is worth a second-rounder. Period.

46Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

TheAvatar wrote:That's what I said earlier. Elliott + 2nd round 2010 for Halak. I might even sweeten the pot with a mid-level prospect
Talk about overpaying for a sideways move at best.

47Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Gainey says he thinks Halak is worth a second-rounder. Period.

So Elliott to Chicago for a prospect and Halak to Ottawa for a second rounder. Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 805406 Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 235689

Swirlominoes!! Fun for the whole family I tells ya.

- Unknown Author

48Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:28 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:Halak is better than Price, IMO. At the moment anyway. I still think Price has been ruined by being in Montreal and being thrown to the wolves so soon in his career. Not sure he'll ever bounce back from that.

Who will they have as backup if Halak is gone?

Sad day for Montreal fans for sure.

He is playing some amazing hockey at the moment, just FYI Halak officially requests trade - Page 3 Icon_wink . Stole about all Habs' last 5 wins when he was in there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum