GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halak officially requests trade

+8
Riprock
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Interesting, If Price gets hurt for more than a month this year, MTL gets Taylor Hall.

17Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Speaking of Philly.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=302443

Apparently Gainey has offered Halak to Philly.

That's what I said! Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 235689 Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 805406

He seemed to think a 2nd rounder was a fair price.

I see you took my advice and put Winnie up there Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 54934

You know how hard it is to find a picture of that guy? Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 235689 Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 805406

18Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Good, it's about time. Being the better goalie who gets shafted has to suck... he ends up innnnnn Washington.

I have a feeling Vokoun ends up in Chicago.

19Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's what I said! Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 235689 Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 805406

I see you took my advice and put Winnie up there Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 54934

You know how hard it is to find a picture of that guy? Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 235689 Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 805406

No. How hard is it?...Oh wait...there is no punchline is there? Sorry it sounded like a joke hahaha. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

20Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Sens should make a move for Halak.

That ship has sailed now IMO.

21Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Good, it's about time. Being the better goalie who gets shafted has to suck... he ends up innnnnn Washington.

How? Does Florida take Huet back?

22Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

How? Does Florida take Huet back?

Probably Huet and some sort of sweetener. Just a hunch.

23Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

I think if you get the chance to add a good player at not much value, then you do it. It's like drafting, you take the best player available no matter who you have in the system.

24Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I think if you get the chance to add a good player at not much value, then you do it. It's like drafting, you take the best player available no matter who you have in the system.

And what do we do with Elliott or Leclaire?

25Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Winchester

26Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 146spezza

Getting some tips! Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 159628

27Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Neely and I agree on Halak being the better goalie. I was hesitant to say anything but I've always found him to be the better goalie. I even suggested Ottawa tendering him an offer sheet when he was a RFA. He ended up re-signing for like, what, $750K? Ottawa could have offered $1M or slightly more, just enough so that Montreal is forced to pay more to keep him thus putting more cap pressure on them, but not enough that Ottawa gives up valuable picks.

And yeah, a 2nd rounder for Halak is a great deal for anyone who does that.

28Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 146spezza

Getting some tips! Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 159628

"Backcheck"

29Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I saw those and some from his days at Colgate too. Then you have to consider size and such...

30Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:Neely and I agree on Halak being the better goalie. I was hesitant to say anything but I've always found him to be the better goalie. I even suggested Ottawa tendering him an offer sheet when he was a RFA. He ended up re-signing for like, what, $750K? Ottawa could have offered $1M or slightly more, just enough so that Montreal is forced to pay more to keep him thus putting more cap pressure on them, but not enough that Ottawa gives up valuable picks.

And yeah, a 2nd rounder for Halak is a great deal for anyone who does that.

He would have definitely been a good pick up for us. SpezD and I were talking about it too when he was an RFA. Then we got Leclaire. I'm happy with Leclaire but it was such a major risk for us to deal for him. Now look what happened. I know it was a fluky thing, but still.

31Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:52 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Yeah, I saw those and some from his days at Colgate too. Then you have to consider size and such...

That's true, they're pretty big. There was a cool one of Clouston and him side by each. Did you see that one? He looks pretty serious in it.

I like yours though, it's cool. Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 754246

32Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Halak is better than Price, IMO. At the moment anyway. I still think Price has been ruined by being in Montreal and being thrown to the wolves so soon in his career. Not sure he'll ever bounce back from that.

Who will they have as backup if Halak is gone?

Sad day for Montreal fans for sure.

33Halak officially requests trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Halak officially requests trade Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:05 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'd ship Elliott and 2nd for Halak in a heartbeat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum