GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Report: Halladay traded to Phillies

+8
dennycrane
PKC
caissie_1
PTFlea
asq2
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Word is coming out now that a three way trade involving the Jays, Phillies and Mariners has the Jays sending Halladay to Philly with prospects coming back to the Jays... and Cliff Lee to the Mariners... hmmm... would have been nice to have Lee here...

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=302350

I guess we'll find out soon who these prospects are...

2Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:13 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Probably a combination of SP Drabek, SP Happ, CF Taylor .... forget who else they had there. Interesting that the Phillies didn't keep what could have been a DOMINATING 1-2 punch of Doc and Lee. I guess they couldn't go over their 140 million dollar budget Report: Halladay traded to Phillies 489887

3Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm surprised too... imagine Lee and Halladay in your line-up. Holy crap. Killer.

4Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Plus their murderous row of Victorino, Rollins, Utley, Howard and Ibanez.....

5Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Strombolopolous doesn't waste any time.

6Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:34 pm

shabbs wrote:I'm surprised too... imagine Lee and Halladay in your line-up. Holy crap. Killer.

true but Halladay is a def upgrade on Lee. Wouldve been good to have both, but trade dynamics probably would have depleted their system fierce.

7Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:Probably a combination of SP Drabek, SP Happ, CF Taylor .... forget who else they had there. Interesting that the Phillies didn't keep what could have been a DOMINATING 1-2 punch of Doc and Lee. I guess they couldn't go over their 140 million dollar budget Report: Halladay traded to Phillies 489887

So they're giving up Lee and a bunch of excellent prospects? How does Seattle figure into all this?

8Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/6674641214

Sounds like Aumont (from SEA) and M. Taylor are on the way to TO.

http://www.scoutingbook.com/prospects/21-30

http://www.scoutingbook.com/prospects/41-50

Now, there was word around the campfire that we might get Saunders as well. That would be sick.

http://www.scoutingbook.com/prospects/51-60

As it is now, the Jays are 3 years away from being powerhouses. Imagine that one, two, three punch of Taylor, Lind and Hill. Goodness... Ahhhhh!

9Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I'm guessing Seattle will replenish the Phillies farm system as the Halladay trade will most likely take away some key prospects from their organization.

10Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 pm

I doubt Philly gives up more than Happ/Drabek plus Lee. The Mariners, however, should be sending a significant contingent of youth to TO

11Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, Aumont ... nice to have a top-notch Canadian prospect coming over.

12Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm

SDH89 wrote:I'm guessing Seattle will replenish the Phillies farm system as the Halladay trade will most likely take away some key prospects from their organization.

I'm thinking the opposite. As Philly are giving up Lee, it doesn't make sense for them to also give up a glut of talent from their prospect pool. Halladay is an upgrade over Lee, but much more than 1 prospects worth.

13Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Have you guys talked about the vibe from J.P.'s replacement? I like him. I think he has big plans.

14Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:As it is now, the Jays are 3 years away from being powerhouses. Imagine that one, two, three punch of Taylor, Lind and Hill. Goodness... Report: Halladay traded to Phillies 235689

What about that Snider kid?

15Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Empty Re: Report: Halladay traded to Phillies Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:Have you guys talked about the vibe from J.P.'s replacement? I like him. I think he has big plans.

Hopefully that involves some way to get rid of Vernon Wells' salary and/or figure out where this doppelganger is hiding the old Vernon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum