GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc.

+35
NEELY
stempniaksen
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
BigRig
Urkie
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
strachattack
sens4win
garblar
ddt
Vandelay
jamvan
SDH89
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
beerandsens
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
Sens19
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Flo The Action
Devo
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 68]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard what Benis (bald penis) said as well about Heatley leaving and Spezza feeling sorry for himself and while I think it was more about the injury or the sore back, he might have a bit of a point.

He's making some really nice plays these last 9 games with the exception of the TO game. He's really starting to dominate.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I heard what Benis (bald penis) said as well about Heatley leaving and Spezza feeling sorry for himself and while I think it was more about the injury or the sore back, he might have a bit of a point.

He's making some really nice plays these last 9 games with the exception of the TO game. He's really starting to dominate.

He's starting to rack up the goals and points again. Sky is the limit for this guy when he wants to dominate.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Definitely deserves some props tonight. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 51 77131

I thought he played a helluva game.

Lots of good stuff from him tonight, for sure... especially liked that play in the 3rd where he drove the net hard -- didn't result in a goal, but it was uncharacteristic. Really good first period.

Still, some troubling stuff in there, too. He was on the ice for 4 goals against. That Semin line took him to task, repeatedly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
He's starting to rack up the goals and points again. Sky is the limit for this guy when he wants to dominate.

He's a big dude too and he rocked some Washington D-man tonight, that's what he needs to continue.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Lots of good stuff from him tonight, for sure... especially liked that play in the 3rd where he drove the net hard -- didn't result in a goal, but it was uncharacteristic. Really good first period.

Still, some troubling stuff in there, too. He was on the ice for 4 goals against. That Semin line took him to task, repeatedly.

He told me to tell you that Picard stinks and Cheechoo is a sloth. Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:Definitely deserves some props tonight. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 51 77131

In fairness, Semin/Laich have taken many teams and players to task....

Laich would be tied for the Sens lead in goals and 2nd in points. He having a huge breakout year.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I guess he could have been in better position, although he was covering a man down low on one of the goals, but Picard was seven kinds of Dung tonight. Can't wait for Karlsson to get healthy again so that Picard can go take a seat and stop sucking out loud.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I guess he could have been in better position, although he was covering a man down low on one of the goals, but Picard was seven kinds of Dung tonight. Can't wait for Karlsson to get healthy again so that Picard can go take a seat and stop sucking out loud.

It's now abundantly clear that Picard + Lee = upgrade please. Go get us Andy Sutton and let him and Carkner scare the living Dung out of opposing teams every game.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I guess he could have been in better position, although he was covering a man down low on one of the goals, but Picard was seven kinds of Dung tonight. Can't wait for Karlsson to get healthy again so that Picard can go take a seat and stop sucking out loud.

It's now abundantly clear that Picard + Lee = upgrade please. Go get us Andy Sutton and let him and Carkner scare the living Dung out of opposing teams every game.

Yeah, for sure, it's been painfully obvious for most of the season that the one thing we need is more depth at D. Lee probably would have gotten a chance a long time ago if his contract didn't pay him so much.

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I guess he could have been in better position, although he was covering a man down low on one of the goals, but Picard was seven kinds of Dung tonight. Can't wait for Karlsson to get healthy again so that Picard can go take a seat and stop sucking out loud.

Bahaha! Repped you for this.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Yeah, for sure, it's been painfully obvious for most of the season that the one thing we need is more depth at D. Lee probably would have gotten a chance a long time ago if his contract didn't pay him so much.

And that he's like a box of chocolates. You never know which Brian Lee you're gonna get.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

And that he's like a box of chocolates. You never know which Brian Lee you're gonna get.

Whatever his faults, Lee is not anywhere near as accident-prone in his own end as Picard or even Campoli. And I've been a loud and proud Picard supporter for a while.

Actually, I think Picard had a better game than he's getting credit for tonight, at least offensively. He made some really nice passes, like that long one to Spezza. Still, his mind collapsing in his own end on occasion is a definite issue.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

I thought he was pretty defensively honest. That whole line got taken to task moreso than just he. Usually he earns his minuses, but tonight I don't know of how many plays where I can point to him specifically as the cause of a break-down or goal.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

OK, I just saw the Fleischmann goal. Yeah, I guess that one's on him, though Elliott could have had that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Whatever his faults, Lee is not anywhere near as accident-prone in his own end as Picard or even Campoli. And I've been a loud and proud Picard supporter for a while.

Actually, I think Picard had a better game than he's getting credit for tonight, at least offensively. He made some really nice passes, like that long one to Spezza. Still, his mind collapsing in his own end on occasion is a definite issue.

Yeah, Lee is steadier, Picard has offensive moments and is sometimes okay defensively, but in this league you'll get destroyed playing like that night in and night out.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Did anyone catch the Spezza interview in between periods?

He did mention that he was banged up at the start of the season and the knee injury gave him time to rest his entire body.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:Did anyone catch the Spezza interview in between periods?

He did mention that he was banged up at the start of the season and the knee injury gave him time to rest his entire body.

He looks amazing. A couple of mental choices on the ice to still take care of, but awesome overall.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:Did anyone catch the Spezza interview in between periods?

Yeah, I heard that one. Pretty vague, but whatever.

In the best interests of the team, I'm just going to keep the status quo here: keep questioning Spezza, with the hopes that he will continue to prove me wrong. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 51 754246

Very little to complain about with respect to his game at the moment, tho'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum