GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender?

+11
sandysensfan
Devo
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
SensGirl11
asq2
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender?

When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_lcap25%When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 3 ]
When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_lcap25%When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 3 ]
When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_lcap214%When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 8 ]
When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_lcap252%When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 52% [ 29 ]
When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_lcap223%When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 56

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

I think it's going to take a couple years to get a new core in place and then an additional couple years for them to get settled in.

So I'll say it will take 4 or 5 years unfortunately...

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

How do you post as a Guest?

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Forget it.

I just noticed the timestamps on some of these posts. This is an old thread that has come back to life.

CockRoche wrote:How do you post as a Guest?

Guest is when someone deletes their account. Instead of their username it just shows guest, unless they've been quoted.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

Guest is when someone deletes their account. Instead of their username it just shows guest, unless they've been quoted.

Thanks Hemlock.

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Thanks Hemlock.

No problem. I'll take the 2 fluff posts. Rockon Cheers

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:2010/2011 will be the Sens' year to contend.

- Alfie/Spezz/Michalek will continue to roll and improve together
-Foligno will finally be a power forward with Fish and Kovalev/Cheechoo/Ruutu/Kelly's salaries will help finance an offensively-gifted, smooth skating goal scorer
-Regin will develop his offensive game with Zac Smith and the 2009-10 first round pick rounding out a very talented two-way third line
- Fourth line run by the energy of Bass, Neil, and O'Brien
- Vet leadership of Kuba and Phillips runs off on the Sens young core
-Leclaire signs extension and proves he is the best goalie in Sens history

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson

You know...that's not that far off from being a fair assessment. People can say all they want about the time needed etc. etc. - and it's 100% true, but if Cheechoo (3), Kovalev (5) salaries are off the books - and we replace Kelly with Winchester once and for all, let's say that saves some considerable coin and Murray can buy or trade for a big time D-man who makes a lot of money. Campbell again comes to mind, but by that time there might be other options.

Zach Smith might be able to take Cheechoo's role on the third line - I'm not even sure how that'll all work out. See the point about having no blue chip scoring prospects starts to come to the forefront, but with money saved from Cheechoo, Kovalev, Kelly and maybe even Chris Phillips - you can spend it in different and exciting ways.

Haha.

Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it. Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think we're a contender just by making the playoffs. Anything can happen once you're in.
Said the Leafs fan...

Wink

"We just need to get in..."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:2010/2011 will be the Sens' year to contend.

- Alfie/Spezz/Michalek will continue to roll and improve together
-Foligno will finally be a power forward with Fish and Kovalev/Cheechoo/Ruutu/Kelly's salaries will help finance an offensively-gifted, smooth skating goal scorer
-Regin will develop his offensive game with Zac Smith and the 2009-10 first round pick rounding out a very talented two-way third line
- Fourth line run by the energy of Bass, Neil, and O'Brien
- Vet leadership of Kuba and Phillips runs off on the Sens young core
-Leclaire signs extension and proves he is the best goalie in Sens history

Michalek-Spezza-Alfredsson

You know...that's not that far off from being a fair assessment. People can say all they want about the time needed etc. etc. - and it's 100% true, but if Cheechoo (3), Kovalev (5) salaries are off the books - and we replace Kelly with Winchester once and for all, let's say that saves some considerable coin and Murray can buy or trade for a big time D-man who makes a lot of money. Campbell again comes to mind, but by that time there might be other options.

Zach Smith might be able to take Cheechoo's role on the third line - I'm not even sure how that'll all work out. See the point about having no blue chip scoring prospects starts to come to the forefront, but with money saved from Cheechoo, Kovalev, Kelly and maybe even Chris Phillips - you can spend it in different and exciting ways.

Haha.

Ha, that's strange to go back and read. I pretty much stand by most of that, except I would say now that we're in for a few years and I wouldn't move Kelly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think we're a contender just by making the playoffs. Anything can happen once you're in.
Said the Leafs fan...
Wink

Busted?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Said the Leafs fan...
Wink

Busted?
Rusted?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Said the Leafs fan...

Wink

That's what she said!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Can you imagine if we sign Brad Richards, get Landeskog and Rundblad and Cowen have Doughty-esque rookie seasons? WIth all the BS we've been given by the Hockey gods, it's time for some candys thrown our way When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 159628

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Can you imagine if we sign Brad Richards, get Landeskog and Rundblad and Cowen have Doughty-esque rookie seasons? WIth all the BS we've been given by the Hockey gods, it's time for some candys thrown our way When does Ottawa become a Cup Contender? - Page 5 159628

You forgot about Bryzgalov.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DGB looks on the bright side of Ottawa:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/01/looking-on-bright-side-of-ottawa.html

Let's just say that the franchise-record seven-year streak of not losing to the Maple Leafs in the playoffs shows absolutely no sign of ending any time in the next decade.

Don't know why, but I found that one quite funny.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And this one makes you think, doesn't it?

The team is almost certain to have a top ten pick at this year's draft, so get ready to say hello to the next Brian Lee.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OMG, how did I not put this one first!

They're about to embark on a thorough rebuilding of an Ontario-based team under the leadership of a former Anaheim Ducks general manager -- how could that ever go wrong?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum