GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch?

+5
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
spader
dennycrane
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

I didn't realize that Shannon was a -3 in the 3 games he played. I sitll think he's looked good though. He's getting back to his old self, I think he was a little off from the concussion.

I love that kid. I love Regin too. This is going to be interesting.

17Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't realize that Shannon was a -3 in the 3 games he played. I sitll think he's looked good though. He's getting back to his old self, I think he was a little off from the concussion.

I further promise you that there will come a time when Donovan will be sat down (and he'll understand) and there will be a bottom 6 of:

Foligno - Regin - Shannon
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Which is one of the best bottom sixes in the entire league IMO. Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 13980

18Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Is it okay for me to be getting more and more excited with each passing game? I'm scared to get too excited, but it's very difficult not to be.

19Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been saying for a while that keeping a couple of healthy scratches around would give the coach some leverage. I know if Donovan is there for a couple of games and then is let loose he'll probably play lights out -- he's not a player who will do that for 80 games, but subbing in fro 2-3 games out of every 5 he can be very effective. Plus he would be a great example for others to follow.

20Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I've been saying for a while that keeping a couple of healthy scratches around would give the coach some leverage. I know if Donovan is there for a couple of games and then is let loose he'll probably play lights out -- he's not a player who will do that for 80 games, but subbing in fro 2-3 games out of every 5 he can be very effective. Plus he would be a great example for others to follow.

Exactly. Plus, this is good for everyone on the team to see as you say, because in a couple of years when we become really good, there will be some guys sat from time to time that hopefully will recall how Donovan or Shannon took it and took it in good stride.

21Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't realize that Shannon was a -3 in the 3 games he played. I sitll think he's looked good though. He's getting back to his old self, I think he was a little off from the concussion.

I further promise you that there will come a time when Donovan will be sat down (and he'll understand) and there will be a bottom 6 of:

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Which is one of the best bottom sixes in the entire league IMO. Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 13980

Yeah, those are the lines I want. And it looks even better when you consider what the top-6 looks like. Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Icon_cool

22Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Yeah, those are the lines I want. And it looks even better when you consider what the top-6 looks like. Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Icon_cool

That bottom six is just so interesting. I hate to bench Donovan, but he'll be the first guy in when there are injuries.

23Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 am

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

I actually prefer these bottom two lines:

Foligno - Regin - Neil
Ruttu - Kelly - Winchester

24Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bottom line is, when you have depth you have competition, and that's good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum