GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch?

+5
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
spader
dennycrane
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

As per Ian Mendes of Sportsnet, Ryan Shannon is the odd-man out today at practice. Kuba is not on the ice, so it is doubtful that Kuba will play Thursday. They don't need to rush him back anyways.

Regin is between Foligno and Neil. Other lines are unchanged.

2Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:12 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Someone needs to be the odd man out. This level of depth is silly. I just hope that BM makes a smart move. Losing someone like Shannon to waivers is unacceptable. Same goes for Winchester. Stupid one-way contracts.

3Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

I literally just posted this in the MTL game day thread. Shannon was a nice little short term fix and kept guys on their toes but I dont see him fitting in with this team anymore to be honest. Still a great trade for Murray though and Shannon could perhaps be dealt to a team like Nashville who just cant score.

4Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:20 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They've been playing Shannon on the point during the PP. I wonder who'll take his spot.

5Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

Karlsson.

6Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:23 am

Alfi/Spezza/Kovy
Karlsson/Picard (Kuba when he's back)

Fisher/Regin/Michalek
Campoli/Picard That's probbaly ideal.

So many options though that there is no real set 1st unit.

Karlsson on the point for Shannon is a no brainer to me. Better shot, better offensive instinct, better option. Just has to learn the game.

7Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not really a big surprise. Who else would they pull out of there right?

- Unknown Author

8Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:29 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They could be putting Karlsson on the point right now but I don't think he's been getting much time there, even though he's out future powerplay QB.

He had 14:27 minutes of ice time in his best game so far, a change from the usual 18 minutes.

9Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson is probably seeing less ice time because of the emergence of Carkner plus the improved play of Picard.

- Unknown Author

10Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

Yup, let him learn the side of the game he is good at first then mold him into something special. You need confidence first so they have to give it to him.

11Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn`t put Karlsson on the 1st unit yet until he proves he can QB the 2nd unit properly. i.e. he has to prove he has learned from that last time when it costed us a goal.

12Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If this was all about stats, I would feel badly for Shannon, but this is all about winning and all about depth. Shannon can wait until there's an injury to sub back in - and that's a good thing, he'll have to continue to practice hard and he'll get another opportunity.

When one of my favourite Sens is scratched, I should feel mad, but instead I'm shocked at the nice depth we have here.

Good job Murray!!! Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? 851840

13Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I didn't realize that Shannon was a -3 in the 3 games he played. I sitll think he's looked good though. He's getting back to his old self, I think he was a little off from the concussion.

I love that kid. I love Regin too. This is going to be interesting.

14Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I didn't realize that Shannon was a -3 in the 3 games he played. I sitll think he's looked good though. He's getting back to his old self, I think he was a little off from the concussion.

I love that kid. I love Regin too. This is going to be interesting.

I further promise you that there will come a time when Donovan will be sat down (and he'll understand) and there will be a bottom 6 of:

Foligno - Regin - Shannon
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Which is one of the best bottom sixes in the entire league IMO. Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? 13980

15Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Empty Re: Ryan Shannon - Healthy Scratch? Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Is it okay for me to be getting more and more excited with each passing game? I'm scared to get too excited, but it's very difficult not to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum