GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!!

+10
Hockeyhero22000
Mojo
LeCaptain
shabbs
PKC
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
SensGirl11
SensFan71
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't know for how long, but I'm sure details will follow.

EDIT: Hearing a 1 year deal.

2Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=418474

3Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=418474

this is sweet news, any word on the dollar figure? regardless, glad to have him in the fold for another year.

4Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't like the sounds of only 1 year. But YAY SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheering Cheering

5Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
this is sweet news, any word on the dollar figure? regardless, glad to have him in the fold for another year.

Not yet, but I would guess in the 800K range. Wish it was a multi-year deal, but still really, really happy. One of my favourite Sens players. Smarts, skill, hard-worker...really pleased!!!

:KKK: :%%:

6Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:I don't like the sounds of only 1 year. But YAY SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheering Cheering

am okay with the one year deal, that avoids us being stuck long term with a guy that only performed well for 30 games, not that I think Shannon will be a bust, but don't want to stick the team any further into the future. I could be eating my words on this one if Shannon walks as a UFA next summer.

7Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I agree with SF. Good deal. And not having a long term is probably the safer route.

8Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:I agree with SF. Good deal. And not having a long term is probably the safer route.

I think we could have done a 3 year, 3 million contract (or less, maybe 850K or 900K per year) and been in an even better position, but I'll take it!

9Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think "Del" has proven anything yet. A one-year deal is fair.

10Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:43 pm

1 year is fine, and glad to see it. No reason he shouldnt be resigned, and no reason it shouldnt be for more than a year. Good job Murray, PERFECT signing.

Shannon will remember who found him in Anahiem, who brought him back to the NHL in Ottawa, and who signed him to his 1st one way deal. Murray has shown loyalty to Shannon, he will show it back if he keeps playing the way he has been.

11Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This is a fantastic signing. Shannon, under Clouston, could end up being a 50-60 point, two-way forward for us next year. Phenomenal.

12Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:I agree with SF. Good deal. And not having a long term is probably the safer route.

I think we could have done a 3 year, 3 million contract (or less, maybe 850K or 900K per year) and been in an even better position, but I'll take it!

Yeah, I totally would've done that. I'm sorry but I love this kid big time! He's already better than Vermette, IMO. 20 points in 35 games is really really really impressive for someone who was never really given a fair shake.

I'm just scared that he's going to be killer awesome next year, and then we'll have to re-neg with him for $3M per. I have a feeling his agent has something to do with this 1 year signing.

13Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Yeah, I totally would've done that. I'm sorry but I love this kid big time! He's already better than Vermette, IMO. 20 points in 35 games is really really really impressive for someone who was never really given a fair shake.

I'm just scared that he's going to be killer awesome next year, and then we'll have to re-neg with him for $3M per. I have a feeling his agent has something to do with this 1 year signing.

I don't really buy into the whole loyalty thing anymore in this cap era, but I think he does have a strong allegiance to Murray for signing him out of college - and then re-acquiring him when the Canucks were content to bury him in the minors.

It's a hunch, but I also think he loves it here - and re-signing him won't be that much of an issue.

EDIT: Not to mention, he and Clouston get along really well - and he's thrived under his tutelage.

14Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I hope you're right Heater. But for me, after the whole Chara fiasco with us, I don't believe in loyalty either. I don't really care who the person is and how they got here, I just don't believe anymore. There are guys out there who I thought would take discounts to stay and they proved me wrong 9 times out of 10. Maybe he'll fall in that 1 who won't screw with us. Who knows. At least we'll have him for sure for 1 year.

15Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon re-signs!!!! Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:I hope you're right Heater. But for me, after the whole Chara fiasco with us, I don't believe in loyalty either. I don't really care who the person is and how they got here, I just don't believe anymore. There are guys out there who I thought would take discounts to stay and they proved me wrong 9 times out of 10. Maybe he'll fall in that 1 who won't screw with us. Who knows. At least we'll have him for sure for 1 year.

Shannon might be the odd one when it comes to loyalty, he has a great linemate in Foligno, he has the confidence of the coach and he gets put on the PP on the point because of his vision on the ice. That should add up to a loyal player, plus the connection with BM that Neely outlined, that is pretty strong as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum