GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon coming up again!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Ryan Shannon coming up again! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yay, liked his game a lot when he was (briefly) here. Speedy, good hands. Should make a small difference offensively...hopefully.

2Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, if he is on the ice with Chara he will be missing the upper 1/2 of his body. Tomorrow is gonna be ugly.

3Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Well, if he is on the ice with Chara he will be missing the upper 1/2 of his body. Tomorrow is gonna be ugly.

Meh...he's a shifty little man - and Chara certainly won't be keying on him, but yes, if he receives a hit from Chara, he will be in the ER, forget the IR, the ER. :D

4Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm so totally against this revolving door of players to and from Bingo. I guess as a side benefit to this brilliant plan by Murray, Bingo's season basically goes into the toilet. Nice way to Diddle over your affilliate. I'd be pissed if I were a Bingo supporter and paid to see games.

Everyday, I want this Diddle clown Murray fired more and more.

5Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Well, if he is on the ice with Chara he will be missing the upper 1/2 of his body. Tomorrow is gonna be ugly.

Kinda like how he was able to punish all those small Sabres forwards that year in the playoffs? Oh wait he didn't do a damn thing to them did he? I'm not saying Shannon is Briere or anything but just because Chara's a big Oaf doesn't mean he's going to be able to take everyone's head off.

- Unknown Author

6Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Kinda like how he was able to punish all those small Sabres forwards that year in the playoffs? Oh wait he didn't do a damn thing to them did he? I'm not saying Shannon is Briere or anything but just because Chara's a big Oaf doesn't mean he's going to be able to take everyone's head off.

Chara in that series 4 years ago isnt the same Chara as today... At all.

7Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:12 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Wasn't Chara a Norris Candidate back then?

- Unknown Author

8Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:15 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Cant remember, even if he was, its still not the same player, as good as that player was.

9Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Cant remember, even if he was, its still not the same player, as good as that player was.

Agreed. It took Chara a year or so to adjust. In the year, it looked like other teams had exposed his weakness- getting caught flat footed and not having the foot speed to adjust which is why I think Mukler went with a more mobile Redden. In the end, Chara made adjustments to his game, as did Redden. Unfortunately, Redden's adjustmensts involved more skii trips and less concern about on ice game.

10Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey Vandelay,

Why no Avatar??

- Unknown Author

11Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, one possible advantage is the B's played last night, but at the same time, that could be a disadvantage as their adrenaline may still be pumping strong.

I am NOT expecting a win by any means, but I sure hope the Sens at least TRY to stop the goals from reaching double-digits...

12Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 am

Short of the Bruins showing up in wheel chairs, its not good for the Sens.

13Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan "Del" Shannon will be the best thing to happen to this franchise since Cory Clouston.

14Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Ryan "Del" Shannon will be the best thing to happen to this franchise since Cory Clouston.

Shannon + Neil + Clouston = Win cubed.

- Unknown Author

15Ryan Shannon coming up again! Empty Re: Ryan Shannon coming up again! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am

Vandelay wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Agreed. It took Chara a year or so to adjust. In the year, it looked like other teams had exposed his weakness- getting caught flat footed and not having the foot speed to adjust which is why I think Mukler went with a more mobile Redden. In the end, Chara made adjustments to his game, as did Redden. Unfortunately, Redden's adjustmensts involved more skii trips and less concern about on ice game.

Can you introduce me to Keith Hernandez? I'm willing to help him move. :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum