GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report

+8
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Sens19
LeCaptain
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report Empty Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Citizen reports Ryan Shannon is listed as day-to-day after suffering a concussion in last night's game, prompting Clouston to recast his forward lines:

When the Senators stepped onto the ice this morning, a little more than 12 hours after a 5-2 season-opening loss to the New York Rangers, it was with revamped lines.

In a major shift, Mike Fisher found himself back at centre between Alex Kovalev and Nick Foligno, and Peter Regin found himself between Jonathan Cheechoo and Chris Neil.

A minor shift had Chris Kelly between Shean Donovan and Jarkko Ruutu. Donovan didn't play against the Rangers.

Only one line stayed the same: Jason Spezza was still between Daniel Alfredsson and Milan Michalek.

The line shuffling was partially prompted by the absence of Ryan Shannon. He got shook up in the game against the Rangers and is thought to have a concussion. He's questionable for Tuesday's game against the Leafs.

Full story here:

http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=89e75277-3fa7-40a7-ab59-db7c139f301c

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report 34513

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

That's not good, that's two hardworking players down!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Damnit! I hope Shannon is able to get back quickly. In addition to missing his skill, I don't like having to dick around with the lines.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn. And Fisher's in the wrong spot, Regin should be between Foligno and Kovalev.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It could be worse. We could be Montreal dealing with losing Markov.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lat year Shannon got corked in his first game, too, didn't he? This is not good. Hopefully it's only a mild one, but if he's a concussion magnet he's got to learn to keep out of the danger zones. Does anyone know where he got hurt?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens19 wrote:That's not good, that's two hardworking players down!

Two? Did I miss something?

Edit: Doh! Winchester. Sorry.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It could be worse. We could be Montreal dealing with losing Markov.

Plus I just heard Ryan O'Byrne is out 6 weeks.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In a major shift, Mike Fisher found himself back at centre between Alex Kovalev and Nick Foligno, and Peter Regin found himself between Jonathan Cheechoo and Chris Neil.

Hmmm. Line doesn't work, someone else gets blamed... Here we go again! lol Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report 668437

Dead horse, though. I know.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:In a major shift, Mike Fisher found himself back at centre between Alex Kovalev and Nick Foligno, and Peter Regin found himself between Jonathan Cheechoo and Chris Neil.

Hmmm. Line doesn't work, someone else gets blamed... Here we go again! lol Ryan Shannon out with concussion: report 668437

Dead horse, though. I know.

Was it because the line didn't work or because Shannon was injured that Clouston went and messed with 3 of the 4 lines?

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Lat year Shannon got corked in his first game, too, didn't he? This is not good. Hopefully it's only a mild one, but if he's a concussion magnet he's got to learn to keep out of the danger zones. Does anyone know where he got hurt?
This is some bad déjà vu. Yikes.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Lat year Shannon got corked in his first game, too, didn't he? This is not good. Hopefully it's only a mild one, but if he's a concussion magnet he's got to learn to keep out of the danger zones. Does anyone know where he got hurt?
This is some bad déjà vu. Yikes.

Not a bid deal. Disappointing, but we should realize that this guy has had difficulty breaking into and sticking in the NHL for a reason.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Was it because the line didn't work or because Shannon was injured that Clouston went and messed with 3 of the 4 lines?

I think it's because Shannon was out, I can't see Clouston panicking over 1 game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any confirmation on the concussion? Senschirp says Shannon is a "little banged up" and that's it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum