GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frolov a healthy scratch tonight...

+6
jamvan
wprager
Hoags
SensFan71
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=662

2Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:42 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

and we considered trading for this guy back in the Heatley's sweepstakes, much happier with the SJ package.

3Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:and we considered trading for this guy back in the Heatley's sweepstakes, much happier with the SJ package.

I'm happiest with Milan than any other player bantered around, I love Michalek. But...Frolov's a great player who has 5 points in 8 games and hasn't yet played up to his potential. Are they benching him, or is he being traded?

4Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

uh oh, I sense swirlings now you mentioned traded. I haven't seen Frolov play at all this year, so perhaps just a benching to wake him up?

5Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It looks like he's in the dog house in LA. Maybe there was something to those Heatley trade rumors after all.

6Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheechoo and Campoli for Frolov and a 3rd?

I feel horrible putting Cheechoo's name there. I'm sorry man!

7Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo and Campoli for Frolov and a 3rd?

I feel horrible putting Cheechoo's name there. I'm sorry man!

Cheechoo's trade value is probably next to zero at this point. There's way too many question marks around him at this point. But he's playing better and better so here's hoping.

He's Clouston's project now, if we can get him back to his 50+ goal scoring form he'd have trade value (at the deadline perhaps), but then again it might be worth keeping him at that point.

If not, then we either have to keep him til he's a free agent or buy him out at some point.

8Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's not going to get back to 50+ goals any time soon. Likely never. But if he can start scoring again, then with only one more year left he could have some value at the deadline or in the off-season. I doubt we could trade him any sooner than that.

9Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:He's not going to get back to 50+ goals any time soon. Likely never. But if he can start scoring again, then with only one more year left he could have some value at the deadline or in the off-season. I doubt we could trade him any sooner than that.

They expect 20'ish from him, playing with Spezza he should get more. He'd have to be on the 1st PP unit to get more.

10Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's actually pretty good, he works hard and most importantly his skating has gotten a lot better since pre-season. I'm okay with him there to be honest, it keeps Spezza and Michalek honest from time to time. He'll pot one soon enough and that'll take the weight of the world off his shoulders.

11Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:47 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Why are we talking trades? For god sakes can't we go a stretch of 20 some games without speculating an armchair trade! IT's luducrous. Secondly, why trade for a lazy anderachiever when we've got the most imporatant thing brewing here...chemistry and hard work.

12Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Frolov? Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Anyone interested in Frolov as he is a healthy scratc tonight?

what would it take to get him-kelly and a second.

13Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In an interview with the LA
Kings’ Insider, Murray was surprisingly frank when discussing the
decision to sit the two-time 30 goal scorer.

“I haven’t been happy with Fro’s
game for several games,” Murray told the LA Kings’ Insider. “The game
the other night is the straw that broke the camel’s back, in my
opinion. The turnovers, the careless play… It has to be better, and you
have to come out with that high level of intensity, with smart work,
hard work, and you’ve got to love the game. You’ve got to love the game
in order to be a player. The talent is there, but it always is the work
that brings out talent.

14Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:55 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Kings are shopping Frolov.

15Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Empty Re: Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:The Kings are shopping Frolov.

I'm gonna have to call you on that one. Frolov a healthy scratch tonight... Icon_smile Says who?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum