GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009

+19
davetherave
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
The Silfer Server
Sens19
Vandelay
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Sp00nz
beerandsens
PTFlea
SensFan71
LeCaptain
wprager
spader
PKC
shabbs
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

dennycrane wrote:I thought Leclaire kept his team in the game with some fantastic stops in the first half. Turning point was the first goal - the Sens have a great odd-man rush resulting in a hit post. A freakish bounce for the Rangers and they score on a 3-on-1.

Tough to be cohesive after an 8-day layoff at any point, but especially now. I'll take .500 hockey in the first month as this team will only get better.

Each 4th line forward took a minor penalty.

500 hockey with The Sens schedual, kiss the playoffs good bye. Not even close to good enough.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

MEh, too much drama for a 1st game here IMO. I see tons of potential here (4 lines who can score for sure). Lundqvist took advantage of a roster still trying to find some chemistry. Compare this performance with the Habs', Leafs, and Rangers first game (even Chicago's 1st game), and I think we didn't look as bad. Kovalev still hasn't found his teammates, Michalek is getting there with the other 2. The defensemen are not sharp yet(I've seen a lot of communivation problems). Leclaire will be awesome.
I would even say I'm pretty excited for this season.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:the Leafs look like they're going to be real good this year. I hope we play much better than we're doing against them. They at least tried to come back into it and scored 4 goals

Typical case of a team (Was) leading by 5 and relaxing a little.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm trying to keep upbeat right now - it's the first game of the year, there's a lot of rust etc. etc. etc., but the Rangers were very active in taking 90% of good opportunities away with their sticks. They were solid in most respects, while we wilted in moments. Not sure what to think right now, that's one of the best goalies on the planet and he showed why, the first serious assessment can come after Tuesday's game, see where we're at. We're still not scoring either. That frustrates me to no end - felt exactly like last year - or even when it was under Hartsburg. Frustrated2

I didn't think it was as bad as everyone is making it out to be. The Rangers are a very tough team when they get the lead.

King Henrik was amazing tonight and our PK was awful (other than Leclaire).

As for the Sens who stood out in a bad way IMO:
Volchenkov - looked pretty bad tonight;
Karlsson - it was his first game so it was expected;
Foligno - needs to play more physical in the offensive zone;
Kelly - was on the 4th line and he played like it.

Players who stood out in a good way;
Leclaire - he gave up four goals, but they were pretty damn good chances;
Fisher - played physical and was skating really well;
Phillips - looked really good jumping into the play;
Neil - if he plays like that he'll be earning his money;

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that was another thing. What was with Foligno, he was awful.

N4L wrote:Would not be sad to see A train go after that game. He was BRUTAL. I've said this since the summer, he will be a guy getting dealt to make room for Lee, which at this point I wouldnt even mind. A Train better pick it up because he was the worst player on the ice.

Leclaire, good game, cant blame him.

Clouston, it took you 59 mins to figure out that you should go with Fisher/Regin/Foligno eh... you coached an absolutly awful game. Better learn from it because you were out coached and your team was out worked.

Spezza was ok, not even close to good enough. Like Regin, like Michalek, and believe it or not, the best forwards out there tonight were Cheechoo and Neil.

Karlsson looked like a rookie tonight but the mistakes made are all part of the learning curve. Carkner looked, well, pretty solid. No problem with his game except the one time he chased a guy behind the net on the PK, but he def showed his worth.

Alfi was Alfi.

All in all good to see the team out there again, pretty upset to see not a lot has changed except the goaltending. (at least for the first game of the season)
No you haven't GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437 no, you definitely have not GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 78253

Other than that insanely full of Dung bolded part GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437 I agree with everything you said. 100%. Especially Volchenkov. I didn't want to say it... put it as softly as I could, but you pretty much cut through the bull Dung---with the help of some bull Dung GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, that was another thing. What was with Foligno, he was awful.
He starts slow...llike, r...e....a.....l....s........l.......o......w........

He'll be alright.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think Neely meant dealt to make room for Cowen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:Would not be sad to see A train go after that game. He was BRUTAL. I've said this since the summer, he will be a guy getting dealt to make room for Lee, which at this point I wouldnt even mind. A Train better pick it up because he was the worst player on the ice.

Clouston, it took you 59 mins to figure out that you should go with Fisher/Regin/Foligno eh... you coached an absolutly awful game. Better learn from it because you were out coached and your team was out worked.

Spezza was ok, not even close to good enough. Like Regin, like Michalek, and believe it or not, the best forwards out there tonight were Cheechoo and Neil.

Karlsson looked like a rookie tonight but the mistakes made are all part of the learning curve. Carkner looked, well, pretty solid. No problem with his game except the one time he chased a guy behind the net on the PK, but he def showed his worth.

Alfi was Alfi.

All in all good to see the team out there again, pretty upset to see not a lot has changed except the goaltending. (at least for the first game of the season)
No you haven't GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437 no, you definitely have not GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 78253

Other than that insanely full of Dung bolded part GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437 I agree with everything you said. 100%. Especially Volchenkov. I didn't want to say it... put it as softly as I could, but you pretty much cut through the bull Dung---with the help of some bull Dung GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 668437

He did and he didn't. :^^^^: We all discussed the possibility of trading A-Train for a forward (but now we have Cheechoo kicking around - one possible target I remember talking about was Beech out of Chicago). What he didn't say was trade A-Train in order to make room for Lee.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Gohan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, that was another thing. What was with Foligno, he was awful.

He'll be alright.

I always wonderd why didn't Gohan ever reach the Super Sayen level 3.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Gohan wrote:

He'll be alright.

I always wonderd why didn't Gohan ever reach the Super Sayen level 3.

I think the myth was that his Ki would be too overpowering and that he would destroy the universe with his power...although I do stand to be corrected.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
Sens19 wrote:the Leafs look like they're going to be real good this year. I hope we play much better than we're doing against them. They at least tried to come back into it and scored 4 goals

Meh maybe, but I still think the Sens should take the Leafs seriously

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Alfi was Alfi.

One game in and you're ready to throw Volchenkov under the bus? Laughable. Now you want to get rid of him to make room for Lee, who you've had a hate on for as long as I can remember? You're on record as saying many, many times that Lee is a bust, not a decent NHL d-man etc etc, yet you are ready to dump Volchenkov, a proven performer, for him? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 78253

This will be a long, long season if all you do if focus on the negative.

Newsflash: We are one game into the season. Let's hold off on the sky is falling bit until we reach double digits please.

Sens19 wrote:
marakh wrote:

Meh maybe, but I still think the Sens should take the Leafs seriously

The Senators can't afford to take anyone lightly I'd say.

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm trying to keep upbeat right now - it's the first game of the year, there's a lot of rust etc. etc. etc., but the Rangers were very active in taking 90% of good opportunities away with their sticks. They were solid in most respects, while we wilted in moments. Not sure what to think right now, that's one of the best goalies on the planet and he showed why, the first serious assessment can come after Tuesday's game, see where we're at. We're still not scoring either. That frustrates me to no end - felt exactly like last year - or even when it was under Hartsburg. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 3rd, 2009 - Page 12 179111

I only caught some of the game, but it was nice to see Spezza on the PK. Rather it's nice to see Clouston trusting him out there. I think that will be a real shot in the arm for Spezza, if he's willing to take the ball and run with it. He showed some real potential from what I saw though. He could be a real effective PKer provided he moves his feet and works hard. The hockey sense is definitely there and will serve him well, if like I said, he wants it to.

From what I caught, the Sens had stretches of dominance and so the signs are there. They had the misfortune of running into an all-World goaltender. It's game one, so way too early to panic, and this is coming from the guy who pulled the plug on last season by early November lol.

All in all, we have to take the good with the bad this early in the year. It's just nice to see hockey again at full speed. I was worried about Carkner (I know he impressed, but pre-season is a different animal) keeping up, but from all accounts, he didn't look out of place which is nice to hear.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Did I dream that we got ripped 5-2 by the Rags last night and totally stunk it up?

No?

Crap.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Spezza had one shot on goal last night... ONE. WTF?!? Foligno had none, as did Kovalev. Eek... that's gotta change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum