GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Ya, they are all "injured" Burke just screwed Leafs nation.

So I ask AGAIN to CC, HOW are they Leafs better?!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I think it would be hilarious because it will piss Burke off... and I'm all for that!

Smile

I doubt Burke cares to be perfectly honest. I also doubt anyone in the NHL gives a flying Diddle about Burke and if he's pissed off or if he's happy. They all have their own issues.

Now, I would really like to see some offer sheets thrown Toronto's way in the next couple of years when they either can't match or will have to relinquish someone good to match. There will be yelling, crying, sadness, more yelling - and that's all fun.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Ya, they are all "injured" Burke just screwed Leafs nation.

Last year's D = horrendous. This year's D = not too shabby.

Komiserek is hurt too, HAHAHA. Groin. Giving away those 2 first for Kessel is going to blow up so badly in Burke's face he might actually have to go into hiding.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Let's compare healthy "D" to healthy "D"...

Sens:
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Carkner

Leafs:
Kaberle-Schenn
Komisarek-Beauchemin
Finger-Van Ryn
Extra: Exelby

I am totally guessing at the pairings for the Leafs - no idea how they've been lining up.

To be honest, I don't see the Leafs "D" as any better. I'd say we're pretty even, when all players are healthy.

EDIT: I assumed you were talking about comparing the Leafs D to the Sens D, as some have stated they feel that the Leafs D is better.

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll take Kubina over Komiserek EVERY time.

Van Ryn is a solid D man.

Really, the only guy added to that lineup that is an upgrade is Beachemin. That's it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'll take Kubina over Komiserek EVERY time.

Really, the only guy added to that lineup that is an upgrade is Beachemin. That's it.

My dream, back in the day, would have been a Redden for VanRyn trade with FLA... Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies - Page 2 Herz

VanRyn is a very good D man, like him a lot. Better then Komiserek for sure. Leafs are going to finish in the basement of the division for sure. They have nothing resembling a playoff team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I'll take Kubina over Komiserek EVERY time.

Kubina over Komisarek? I dunno about that.

I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

There are merits to both players. Your hatred of the Leafs is showing in your dismissal of Komisarek as anything but a piece of Dung.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

N4L Hates the leafs? Surely you jest!

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

There are merits to both players. Your hatred of the Leafs is showing in your dismissal of Komisarek as anything but a piece of Dung.

Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

TheAvatar wrote:N4L Hates the leafs? Surely you jest!

I honestly dont hate The Leafs, dont like em at all, but def not hate. What's to hate? The Habs, cant stand them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

Funny. I just read this in Webster's:

truc⋅u⋅lent

[truhk-yuh-luhLeafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies - Page 2 Thinspnt, troo-kyuh-]–adjective

1. over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell.

Interesting.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

It's difficult to say if we'll see the Komisarek that was excellent for the Habs two years ago, or the Komisarek who sucked last season. If he continues his regression, then he's a dead man in Toronto, if he picks up his game, he and Schenn can be the next 1-2 shutdown punch that the Leafs have been missing for the last decade. I have no love for the nerd, he's not a fighter, but I will admit that he's a big hitter. I think guys are gonna have to think twice before the nance over the Leafs blue line.

Beachemin is a stud as well, I was really disappointed he chose TO to go to.

Bozak's 3 million cap hit has to be half bonus, no? And if that's the case, which bonuses are realistically achievable? Not the Calder I would imagine, nor the Hart, etc. etc. etc. The bonus money might be a lot less than we think. But yes, as it stands now, there are some mighty rich contracts in there for kids who haven't played. You can thank Murray for driving the price up on Bozak, he was with Burke until the final seconds when it got too rich.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

I honestly dont hate The Leafs, dont like em at all, but def not hate. What's to hate? The Habs, cant stand them.

That's funny, this is how I feel as well. Can't stomach the Habs, dislike the Leafs, but don't hate them....yet.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

That's funny, this is how I feel as well. Can't stomach the Habs, dislike the Leafs, but don't hate them....yet.

Its all about the fans. I can't discuss this usually, but Diddle it. I don't care. I Diddling hate 95% of Habs fans. There's no greater collective of douchebags out there. That fan base, despite their raging enthusiasm, is a Diddling embarassment.

Sorry. Thats just how I feel.

Diddle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum