GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

It's difficult to say if we'll see the Komisarek that was excellent for the Habs two years ago, or the Komisarek who sucked last season. If he continues his regression, then he's a dead man in Toronto, if he picks up his game, he and Schenn can be the next 1-2 shutdown punch that the Leafs have been missing for the last decade. I have no love for the nerd, he's not a fighter, but I will admit that he's a big hitter. I think guys are gonna have to think twice before the nance over the Leafs blue line.

Beachemin is a stud as well, I was really disappointed he chose TO to go to.

Bozak's 3 million cap hit has to be half bonus, no? And if that's the case, which bonuses are realistically achievable? Not the Calder I would imagine, nor the Hart, etc. etc. etc. The bonus money might be a lot less than we think. But yes, as it stands now, there are some mighty rich contracts in there for kids who haven't played. You can thank Murray for driving the price up on Bozak, he was with Burke until the final seconds when it got too rich.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:N4L Hates the leafs? Surely you jest!

I honestly dont hate The Leafs, dont like em at all, but def not hate. What's to hate? The Habs, cant stand them.

That's funny, this is how I feel as well. Can't stomach the Habs, dislike the Leafs, but don't hate them....yet.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:N4L Hates the leafs? Surely you jest!

I honestly dont hate The Leafs, dont like em at all, but def not hate. What's to hate? The Habs, cant stand them.

That's funny, this is how I feel as well. Can't stomach the Habs, dislike the Leafs, but don't hate them....yet.

Its all about the fans. I can't discuss this usually, but Diddle it. I don't care. I Diddling hate 95% of Habs fans. There's no greater collective of douchebags out there. That fan base, despite their raging enthusiasm, is a Diddling embarassment.

Sorry. Thats just how I feel.

Diddle.

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

It's difficult to say if we'll see the Komisarek that was excellent for the Habs two years ago, or the Komisarek who sucked last season. If he continues his regression, then he's a dead man in Toronto, if he picks up his game, he and Schenn can be the next 1-2 shutdown punch that the Leafs have been missing for the last decade. I have no love for the nerd, he's not a fighter, but I will admit that he's a big hitter. I think guys are gonna have to think twice before the nance over the Leafs blue line.

Bozak's 3 million cap hit has to be half bonus, no? And if that's the case, which bonuses are realistically achievable? Not the Calder I would imagine, nor the Hart, etc. etc. etc. The bonus money might be a lot less than we think. But yes, as it stands now, there are some mighty rich contracts in there for kids who haven't played. You can thank Murray for driving the price up on Bozak, he was with Burke until the final seconds when it got too rich.

Point being is I dont even think thier blueline is that much better then last year and the offense they lost with Moore (really) Antropov, and Kubina is over 50 goals. They are replaces with who? Their D is going to improve sure, they will go from 29th (30th on the pk) to 21st and 25th on the PK...

The Leafs suck, they actually might be worse.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'll see...I hope you're right of course, the less teams fighting for 8th, the better.

SpezDispenser wrote:We'll see...I hope you're right of course, the less teams fighting for 8th, the better.

Oh man, the Leafs and their fans will be trying to fight Burke by the end of the year. 8th place, hahaha, wont even be close.

SpezD,

If I am reading the situation right, all bonuses will be included in cap calculations next year since the CBA needs to be renewed year to year, therefore, Bozak will count 3.7M against the cap next year regardless.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

RobbyJ wrote:SpezD,

If I am reading the situation right, all bonuses will be included in cap calculations next year since the CBA needs to be renewed year to year, therefore, Bozak will count 3.7M against the cap next year regardless.
Well, the CBA currently expires in Sept. 2011, so end of next season. There is an option for the union to extend it one more year.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Bozak will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Cap trouble already, hahaha.

TOR would have to move MAJOR salary to get Bozak into the lineup -- i.e., one of their 4-5 $3.5+ mil defencemen.

So I'll ask everyone AGAIN. How are The LEafs any better then last year?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Ya, they are all "injured" Burke just screwed Leafs nation.

So I ask AGAIN to CC, HOW are they Leafs better?!

Last year's D = horrendous. This year's D = not too shabby.

I'll take Kubina over Komiserek EVERY time.

Van Ryn is a solid D man.

Really, the only guy added to that lineup that is an upgrade is Beachemin. That's it.

Van Ryn is also made of glass, however, to be fair.

I'm a big Beachemin fan, tho'. I think he's hands down the best move TOR made this off-season.

He's decent, I liked him in Anahiem, we'll actually see how good that guy is though. That's a tough team to make better.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

Basically a slower, but meaner Kuba. I like his overall game better than Komisarek's too. But to be perfectly honestly, they are both overpaid.

Ya, but Kubina is gonna put up some offense and help out the forwards. Komiserek is going to do what...? Nothing.

N4L wrote:Ya, but Kubina is gonna put up some offense and help out the forwards. Komiserek is going to do what...? Nothing.

Spend the season avoiding Milan Lucic like the Bubonic plague?

He'll end up with Lucic's Wang in his mouth before he provides anything more then a blocked shot.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

There are merits to both players. Your hatred of the Leafs is showing in your dismissal of Komisarek as anything but a piece of Dung.

Closer to $4 mil, actually.

It's embarrassing / funny. I wasn't really paying attention to the Leafs' money situation until just a few days ago -- but, my, they are spending A LOT for so little.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

Anything over $875K has to be bonus. That's the max you can pay someone playing their first year in the NHL.

I have no way of confirming this, of course, but I pretty much guarantee you that most if not all of that bonus money is a signing bonus. When's the last time anyone ever heard of a player not achieving his bonuses, especially a young guy? I don't think it ever even happens, to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum