GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kadri Cut, Frogren and Hanson to the Marlies

+5
Riprock
rooneypoo
shabbs
Sens19
asq2
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=292822

Gotta be disappointing for him. He played well.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I thought Kadri would at least get a few NHL games. I thought he was good Kadri Cut, Frogren and Hanson to the Marlies 42360

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

So, who is going to be getting Kessel the puck?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:So, who is going to be getting Kessel the puck?

Mike Ricci's successor.

Kadri Cut, Frogren and Hanson to the Marlies Grabovski_Mikhail_1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens19 wrote:I thought Kadri would at least get a few NHL games. I thought he was good Kadri Cut, Frogren and Hanson to the Marlies 42360
Yeah, I thought they'd give him the old "9 game evaluation" just to see how it went.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

FYI: Frogen is on a one-way deal, which means TOR is eating that salary.

I don't understand this team, or Burke's strategy. The roster is mediocre at best, especially up front -- and yet they are spending $60.5 mil on their 23-man roster. The only reason they are even under the cap right now (by less than $500K) is that they can invoke the bonus cushion (to the tune of $4.5 mil) for most of Schenn's, Kulemin's, and Gustavsson's salaries -- and doing so will of course come back to haunt them this year.

WTF? This is Burke's grand plan? How are they in this bad financially? Seriously, what a mess. Already. They don't have the cap space to play Bozak, even if they wanted to.

rooneypoo wrote:FYI: Frogen is on a one-way deal, which means TOR is eating that salary.

I don't understand this team, or Burke's strategy. The roster is mediocre at best, especially up front -- and yet they are spending $60.5 mil on their 23-man roster. The only reason they are even under the cap right now (by less than $500K) is that they can invoke the bonus cushion (to the tune of $4.5 mil) for most of Schenn's, Kulemin's, and Gustavsson's salaries -- and doing so will of course come back to haunt them this year.

WTF? This is Burke's grand plan? How are they in this bad financially? Seriously, what a mess. Already. They don't have the cap space to play Bozak, even if they wanted to.

Burke's an idiot, he has no clue. Everywhere he has been "succesfful" it's because other GM's have built the team before him. Most over rated hockey mind in the history of the game, him or Sather.

Everywhere Bryan Murray goes, teams either make it to the finals or win a cup shortly after.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:FYI: Frogen is on a one-way deal, which means TOR is eating that salary.

How much relief will they get from Kessel being injured until Nov/Dec?

N4L wrote:

Burke's an idiot, he has no clue. Everywhere he has been "succesfful" it's because other GM's have built the team before him. Most over rated hockey mind in the history of the game, him or Sather.

Everywhere Bryan Murray goes, teams either make it to the finals or win a cup shortly after.

But never during Kadri Cut, Frogren and Hanson to the Marlies 42360 just saying....

Ya, I thought about that, but the point was, Murray is a builder and the proof is all over The NHL.

What's Burke's legacy? It will eventually be the most over rated GM to ever manage an NHL team.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They need to get rid of Van Ryn and Finger... those guys have little place on that team, and not at that price.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, I'm really surprised. It's not as if the Leafs have an all-star team up front - and the kid was good. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about Dale Mitchell, another promising prospect. Was he even with the team for the pre-season? Is he injured?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Even for the people who follow cap hits, seeing these numbers in black and white is astounding. They're spending a lot of money this year.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=4

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Stalberg needs to be on that team before Kadri and Hanson. This was the good decision.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum