GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just heard on Hockeycentral at Noon that the Leafs have put goalie Joey MacDonald on waivers so they can assign him to the Marlies. That means they'll be going with a Toskala / Gustavsson pairing in net to start the season.

How hilarious would it be if someone picked him up? Heh heh.

I dont think he will make it through honestly. He is a good goaltender, if he does The Leafs caught a major break.

Perhaps San Jose makes a pitch for him, it would be a really smart move to have him backing up Nabokov.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think a Gustavsson/MacDonald pairing would have at least been just as good. Nice to see the Leafs make these kinds of decisions, though.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:I dont think he will make it through honestly. He is a good goaltender, if he does The Leafs caught a major break.

Perhaps San Jose makes a pitch for him, it would be a really smart move to have him backing up Nabokov.
I wonder if Burke put the word out to not touch him or he'd kick up hell...

I hope someone picks him up.

Well San Jose would be wise non the less, what's Burke gonna do? Probably cry like he always does.

Bozak will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Cap trouble already, hahaha.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Well San Jose would be wise non the less, what's Burke gonna do? Probably cry like he always does.

Remember when McGuire proclaimed that Burke was angry at LA for picking Schenn? lol

Like everybody has to walk on eggshells and check with The Genius before they make a move! Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies 668437

What a dip#hit.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Bozak will not be in the lineup on Thursday. Cap trouble already, hahaha.
Yeah, sounds like he'll be sent down.

They're so screwed cap-wise.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Just heard on Hockeycentral at Noon that the Leafs have put goalie Joey MacDonald on waivers so they can assign him to the Marlies. That means they'll be going with a Toskala / Gustavsson pairing in net to start the season.

Why do you say that? I would put it at 50-50 that he gets claimed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
N4L wrote:Well San Jose would be wise non the less, what's Burke gonna do? Probably cry like he always does.

Remember when McGuire proclaimed that Burke was angry at LA for picking Schenn? lol

Like everybody has to walk on eggshells and check with The Genius before they make a move! Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies 668437

What a dip#hit.

McGuire's taken a few too many blows to the head recently. He's gone Dung for brains unfortunately.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Finger, Mayers and Van Ryn are injured as well. Won't be in line-up on Thursday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Just heard on Hockeycentral at Noon that the Leafs have put goalie Joey MacDonald on waivers so they can assign him to the Marlies. That means they'll be going with a Toskala / Gustavsson pairing in net to start the season.

Why do you say that? I would put it at 50-50 that he gets claimed.
I think it would be hilarious because it will piss Burke off... and I'm all for that!

Smile

Ya, they are all "injured" Burke just screwed Leafs nation.

So I ask AGAIN to CC, HOW are they Leafs better?!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I think it would be hilarious because it will piss Burke off... and I'm all for that!

Smile

I doubt Burke cares to be perfectly honest. I also doubt anyone in the NHL gives a flying Diddle about Burke and if he's pissed off or if he's happy. They all have their own issues.

Now, I would really like to see some offer sheets thrown Toronto's way in the next couple of years when they either can't match or will have to relinquish someone good to match. There will be yelling, crying, sadness, more yelling - and that's all fun.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Ya, they are all "injured" Burke just screwed Leafs nation.

So I ask AGAIN to CC, HOW are they Leafs better?!

Last year's D = horrendous. This year's D = not too shabby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum