GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs put Joey MacDonald on waivers. will be assigned to Marlies

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

He'll end up with Lucic's Wang in his mouth before he provides anything more then a blocked shot.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:I do, Kubina is a good D man. Making 500 K more who is going to get you 30-40 points and 10-15 goals. He is also solid in his own zone, good pk guy, he does it all.

There are merits to both players. Your hatred of the Leafs is showing in your dismissal of Komisarek as anything but a piece of Dung.

Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

Closer to $4 mil, actually.

It's embarrassing / funny. I wasn't really paying attention to the Leafs' money situation until just a few days ago -- but, my, they are spending A LOT for so little.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:
Naw it's hatred of Komiserek. Can't stand him. Hate Montreal WAY more then TO and the best thing they did was not giving that goof that kind of cash. He's over rated, a wanna be tough guy, slow as hell, and will be a drain on the Leafs and the cap.

As for Burke, I think he has done everythign possibly wrong he could have in Toronto. If the Leafs have a lotto pick this year, haha, watch out. I mean, Bozak a 3 mil cap hit? REALLY?! Awesome.

It's difficult to say if we'll see the Komisarek that was excellent for the Habs two years ago, or the Komisarek who sucked last season. If he continues his regression, then he's a dead man in Toronto, if he picks up his game, he and Schenn can be the next 1-2 shutdown punch that the Leafs have been missing for the last decade. I have no love for the nerd, he's not a fighter, but I will admit that he's a big hitter. I think guys are gonna have to think twice before the nance over the Leafs blue line.

Beachemin is a stud as well, I was really disappointed he chose TO to go to.

Bozak's 3 million cap hit has to be half bonus, no? And if that's the case, which bonuses are realistically achievable? Not the Calder I would imagine, nor the Hart, etc. etc. etc. The bonus money might be a lot less than we think. But yes, as it stands now, there are some mighty rich contracts in there for kids who haven't played. You can thank Murray for driving the price up on Bozak, he was with Burke until the final seconds when it got too rich.

Anything over $875K has to be bonus. That's the max you can pay someone playing their first year in the NHL.

I have no way of confirming this, of course, but I pretty much guarantee you that most if not all of that bonus money is a signing bonus. When's the last time anyone ever heard of a player not achieving his bonuses, especially a young guy? I don't think it ever even happens, to be honest.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:SpezD,

If I am reading the situation right, all bonuses will be included in cap calculations next year since the CBA needs to be renewed year to year, therefore, Bozak will count 3.7M against the cap next year regardless.

Haha, even better. Thanks for that, RobbyJ!

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:

It's difficult to say if we'll see the Komisarek that was excellent for the Habs two years ago, or the Komisarek who sucked last season. If he continues his regression, then he's a dead man in Toronto, if he picks up his game, he and Schenn can be the next 1-2 shutdown punch that the Leafs have been missing for the last decade. I have no love for the nerd, he's not a fighter, but I will admit that he's a big hitter. I think guys are gonna have to think twice before the nance over the Leafs blue line.

Beachemin is a stud as well, I was really disappointed he chose TO to go to.

Bozak's 3 million cap hit has to be half bonus, no? And if that's the case, which bonuses are realistically achievable? Not the Calder I would imagine, nor the Hart, etc. etc. etc. The bonus money might be a lot less than we think. But yes, as it stands now, there are some mighty rich contracts in there for kids who haven't played. You can thank Murray for driving the price up on Bozak, he was with Burke until the final seconds when it got too rich.

Anything over $875K has to be bonus. That's the max you can pay someone playing their first year in the NHL.

I have no way of confirming this, of course, but I pretty much guarantee you that most if not all of that bonus money is a signing bonus. When's the last time anyone ever heard of a player not achieving his bonuses, especially a young guy? I don't think it ever even happens, to be honest.

I think you're right. Teams generally make these "bonuses" so easy to hit that it's practically guaranteed salary. It's an easy way around the rookie "salary cap".

RobbyJ wrote:SpezD,

If I am reading the situation right, all bonuses will be included in cap calculations next year since the CBA needs to be renewed year to year, therefore, Bozak will count 3.7M against the cap next year regardless.

This is true. It happened last year as well when the NHLPA had the option of re-opening the CBA. Because there was a chance that the CBA could be altered, teams were forced to carry all the bonuses that year and could not push them forward. Every time the CBA is due up for renewal, this happens (under the current agreement anyhow).

Bozak's "bonus" is probably so easy to hit that it's in effect guaranteed money. So they ought to plan on it being counted against the cap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum