GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs sign Christian Hanson

+2
shabbs
Riprock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273232

Leafs sign Notre Dame C Christian Hanson, son of Slap Shot's Dave Hanson. Yeah, I thought this was a joke, but apparently not.

2Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sales of HANSON jerseys will no doubt go through the roof. I fully expect to see a lot of CHIEFS jersey's being sold too.

Is this a marketing ploy or does he have something?

3Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit, this guy is good too.

4Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Dammit, this guy is good too.
Seems to have some nice balanced scoring, and ND had a pretty damn good team this year.

5Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Seems to have some nice balanced scoring, and ND had a pretty damn good team this year.

Yeah, he was I think the 4th most sought after Uni. player UFA after Bozak, Gilroy and someone else whom I can't remember. Meh...whatever, good for the Leafs, but nothing earth-shattering.

6Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hopefully this means that Bozak and Gilroy turned the Leafs down.

7Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

but players putting on the blue and white of the leafs always end up declined 50% in terms of their talent, must be something to do with the jersey.

8Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Meh. Most things I read about him suggest he tops out as a third-liner. More likely a 4th liner.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure of the CBA, but AceKicker123 (excellent Leafs poster on a lot of sites) pointed out that there's a limit to how many types of these players you can hand out per season, so it may signal that the Leafs are not in the running for Bozak or Gilroy.

9Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens are giving Yashin a shot, he'll be suiting up for 5 games. Thread up over in Breaking Rumours.

10Leafs sign Christian Hanson Empty Re: Leafs sign Christian Hanson Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Sens are giving Yashin a shot, he'll be suiting up for 5 games. Thread up over in Breaking Rumours.
Heh heh.

You got burnt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad my friend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum