GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR MILL: Bertuzzi to sign with Leafs? Bert says 'No'

+5
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently he's close to signing a 2 year deal worth close to $1.3 a season. No confirmation yet though.

Are you using this guy http://twitter.com/NHLSourcesSay as your source???

Not the brightest thing to do.

And it's not $1.3 million per...it is $1-3 million per!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, nice guess!

Read this guys page and I don't think you will click on him anymore. SpezDispenser posted a thread yesterday on Tanguay being signed by the Yotes. Same Twitter account with the same poor track record. He calls himself Eclund, if that means anything to you.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a good source? Fair enough, I clicked on it and it seemed fairly legit, but we'll find out soon enough who the real sources are and who makes Dung up.

Bertuzzi for 1.3 sounds like an awesome deal for Toronto. I can totally see that.

1-3 million? Run Burke. Run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, $1.3M is in the $1-3M range.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why in the world would they want to sign Bertuzzi. I can't see this being true. But, stranger things have happened.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Why in the world would they want to sign Bertuzzi. I can't see this being true. But, stranger things have happened.

Truculence.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Why in the world would they want to sign Bertuzzi. I can't see this being true. But, stranger things have happened.

They just traded for Primeau, why wouldn't this make sense?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

jamvan wrote:

I don't understand either move to be honest. I thought they wanted to build around guys like Schenn and just concentrate on the young guns of the team. How would either of these guys help them when they are only going to be in the NHL for another year or two?

It just seems really dumb to me, but then again, I'm not a GM and I don't understand a lot of the moves these guys make.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Big Bert fits into Burke's mode of knocking teeth out, if Bert can do that anymore, if Murray had the money, I would get him to sign Big Bert just so Toronto didn't have him.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:Big Bert fits into Burke's mode of knocking teeth out, if Bert can do that anymore, if Murray had the money, I would get him to sign Big Bert just so Toronto didn't have him.

Very true, but is that all Burke wants to do this upcoming season, knock everyone's teeth out? It seems to be the case for sure. Because his team really blows donkey at this point.

I think Bertuzzi still has some gas in the tank, I just don't see how he's really going to help Toronto's situation.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Big Bert fits into Burke's mode of knocking teeth out, if Bert can do that anymore, if Murray had the money, I would get him to sign Big Bert just so Toronto didn't have him.

Very true, but is that all Burke wants to do this upcoming season, knock everyone's teeth out? It seems to be the case for sure. Because his team really blows donkey at this point.

I think Bertuzzi still has some gas in the tank, I just don't see how he's really going to help Toronto's situation.

He'll just keep mesmerizing fans and media with his Burkeness. They won't even notice how Dung their team is. :___:

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
jamvan wrote:

I don't understand either move to be honest. I thought they wanted to build around guys like Schenn and just concentrate on the young guns of the team. How would either of these guys help them when they are only going to be in the NHL for another year or two?

It just seems really dumb to me, but then again, I'm not a GM and I don't understand a lot of the moves these guys make.

I think it's pretty evident what Burke is building. It's smash mouth hockey team. If they don' t beat you on the scorebaord, they sure will beat you up.

Their lack of talent (and I hate the LEafs) still won' tmake them an easy team to beat.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

well a lot of people figure he is building the rough and tough Anaheim team that won the cup in 2007, however, people seem to forget or at least the toronto people do that the Ducks had Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, and Niedermayer, some talent to go with the grit, Toronto has like zero talent in terms of scoring goals.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:

Burke realizes his team is going to be hanging with the bottom feeders for the next couple of season's so he's brought in some muscle and "truculence" so they don't get pushed around and to provide some sort of entertainment for the fans. As they do this, they'll be getting some good draft picks and the rebuild will continue...

I believe the saying is "yeah, we're gonna suck, but we're gonna be hella fun to watch".

We shall see...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

well a lot of people figure he is building the rough and tough Anaheim team that won the cup in 2007, however, people seem to forget or at least the toronto people do that the Ducks had Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, and Niedermayer, some talent to go with the grit, Toronto has like zero talent in terms of scoring goals.

Yeah, that's just sad if that's what he's thinking. I can't even think of one good player they have that can score....and...I'm not kidding...I really can't...I think I forgot everyone they have on their team. That's sad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum