GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

MAPLE LEAFS SIGN MACARTHUR TO ONE-YEAR CONTRACT

+2
shabbs
Flo The Action
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

as per TSN:
The Toronto Maple Leafs had added some depth at forward as the team announced the signing of Clarke MacArthur to a one-year contract on Saturday worth a reported $1.1 million.

MacArthur became a free agent after the Atlanta Thrashers walked away from the $2.4 million salary that was awarded to him through an independent arbitrator.

The 25-year old MacArthur split time between the Buffalo Sabres and the Atlanta Thrashers last season, scoring 16 goals and adding 19 assists in 81 games.

In 208 career games, the Llyodminster, Alberta native 44 goals and 44 assists.

Originally the Sabres third round selection, 74th overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, MacArthur helped Canada capture gold at the 2005 IIHF World Hockey Championship.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

good price. 1.3 mill less then what was offered at arbitration. damn you jurke! Dammit!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A good depth addition, but depth isn't really their issue... Top 6 is their issue.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if a depth can be responsible for 15 goals a year that's a step in the right direction... unfortunetely.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:good price. 1.3 mill less then what was offered at arbitration. damn you jurke! Dammit!
No one want's to play in Atlanta but... they will play in Toronto, i guess the difference is Atlanta average's 13 500 in attendance and Toronto average's 19 000,

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Toronto will surely lead the league in third liners next year...they have about 100 right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Combine what they spent on Armstrong and MacArthur and you get a top 6 player - something the Leafs really need. I don't mind the signing, but man, I thought we had a ton of 3rd and 4th liners...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Toronto will surely lead the league in third liners next year...they have about 100 right now.

Or may be the plan is to send the 3rd/4th line on full attack mode and the 1st and 2nd line will just dump the puck on every occasion.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this summers UFA's crop wasn't overly exciting. a few vets but not too many young guns. i'm not surprised they give a few guys 1 year contracts and wait for next year till giguere is off the books and try to land abigger name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum