GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kessel to The Leafs

+18
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Riprock
Vandelay
beedub
rooneypoo
Snuh
BigRig
wprager
dennycrane
Sens19
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
jamvan
asq2
LeCaptain
shabbs
Bramlet07
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

They better be competitive. If they finish bottom 5, I will prepare the pop corn party on Draft day.

137Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 pm

marakh wrote:They better be competitive. If they finish bottom 5, I will prepare the pop corn party on Draft day.

What are they going to do the first 2 months of the season with no one to score goals? Toskala better be unreal and their D better shut every team down, because they are going to be in tough.

138Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 pm

They will score goals.

139Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I have no idea. IMO it depends on the expectations, and if other teams still underestimate them. Looking at that roster last year, it's a miracle they weren't the last team in the league.
I also want to see how that "monster" can play.

140Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 pm

CCgotITcovered wrote:They will score goals.

Dont see who is going to do it... Hanson? Bozak? Stajun? The only guy who can actually put the puck in the net with any kinf of consitancy is Blake and well, he's nothing special at all.

141Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:04 pm

This feels a lot like last season when everyone I talked to told me that Vancouver would never score a thing and Luongo would have to be their everything and w/e. I told them VAN would be a serious scoring threat, even in the tight-as$ed NW, and lo-and-behold, they were on fire out of the gates---and didn't really taper off too much.

142Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:05 pm

CCgotITcovered wrote:This feels a lot like last season when everyone I talked to told me that Vancouver would never score a thing and Luongo would have to be their everything and w/e. I told them VAN would be a serious scoring threat, even in the tight-as$ed NW, and lo-and-behold, they were on fire out of the gates---and didn't really taper off too much.

Big man!

143Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 605651

144Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i guess i'd rather see them in a 9th to 11th seed anyways. that way we can be sure when they do draft in the 3rd! they draft badly without being able to mae the playoffs.

145Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:

Dont see who is going to do it... Hanson? Bozak? Stajun? The only guy who can actually put the puck in the net with any kinf of consitancy is Blake and well, he's nothing special at all.
But how different are they from last year as far as scoring potential? I don't think they've changed too much. Losing Kubina will take away a few goals and when Kessel can play he should certainly help there. They were 10th in the league in goals scored last season, surprisingly enough.

146Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:29 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:

But how different are they from last year as far as scoring potential? I don't think they've changed too much. Losing Kubina will take away a few goals and when Kessel can play he should certainly help there. They were 10th in the league in goals scored last season, surprisingly enough.

They also lost Antropov and Moore at the deadline. And like it or not, both those guys played in their top 6 and contributed a fair share of the team's offence.

147Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:

They also lost Antropov and Moore at the deadline. And like it or not, both those guys played in their top 6 and contributed a fair share of the team's offence.
I knew I was forgetting a couple of transactions.

148Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:

Losing Kubina is HUGE. Reall solid D man, no one they brought in will replace what he brought.

149Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:28 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I have no idea. IMO it depends on the expectations, and if other teams still underestimate them. Looking at that roster last year, it's a miracle they weren't the last team in the league.
I also want to see how that "monster" can play.

so far Joey Macdonald has been their best goalie, but since the Monster has the one way contract, it will be their best goalie put into the AHL, what a bonehead GM/team.

150Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:33 am

I bet you Burke thinks Toskala will get him a 1st round pick from somewhere honestly. MacDonald is the best goaltender in that organization and he was probably the best move Burke made all summer. Under rated to say the least.

We'll see what the "monster" has... he has been over hyped to say the least at this point.

151Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I bet you Burke thinks Toskala will get him a 1st round pick from somewhere honestly. MacDonald is the best goaltender in that organization and he was probably the best move Burke made all summer. Under rated to say the least.

We'll see what the "monster" has... he has been over hyped to say the least at this point.

The monster will be the 2nd coming of Brunstrom, very little effect after the hype.

Edit :Toskala is barely worth more than Auld, in fact would give the edge to Auld, he is not as injury prone as Toskala.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

152Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:I bet you Burke thinks Toskala will get him a 1st round pick from somewhere honestly. MacDonald is the best goaltender in that organization and he was probably the best move Burke made all summer. Under rated to say the least.

Toskala's performance early on will be under a lot of scrutiny... if he is 100% indeed from the surgery.

153Kessel to The Leafs - Page 10 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:

Losing Kubina is HUGE. Reall solid D man, no one they brought in will replace what he brought.

That Kubina trade was horri-awful. Excelby and Colin Stuart. WTF? We should have offered Kelly and Schubert. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum