GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kessel to The Leafs

+18
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Riprock
Vandelay
beedub
rooneypoo
Snuh
BigRig
wprager
dennycrane
Sens19
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
jamvan
asq2
LeCaptain
shabbs
Bramlet07
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I bet you Burke thinks Toskala will get him a 1st round pick from somewhere honestly. MacDonald is the best goaltender in that organization and he was probably the best move Burke made all summer. Under rated to say the least.

We'll see what the "monster" has... he has been over hyped to say the least at this point.

The monster will be the 2nd coming of Brunstrom, very little effect after the hype.

Edit :Toskala is barely worth more than Auld, in fact would give the edge to Auld, he is not as injury prone as Toskala.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

152Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:35 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:I bet you Burke thinks Toskala will get him a 1st round pick from somewhere honestly. MacDonald is the best goaltender in that organization and he was probably the best move Burke made all summer. Under rated to say the least.

We'll see what the "monster" has... he has been over hyped to say the least at this point.
Toskala's performance early on will be under a lot of scrutiny... if he is 100% indeed from the surgery.

153Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:
CCgotITcovered wrote:They will score goals.

Dont see who is going to do it... Hanson? Bozak? Stajun? The only guy who can actually put the puck in the net with any kinf of consitancy is Blake and well, he's nothing special at all.
But how different are they from last year as far as scoring potential? I don't think they've changed too much. Losing Kubina will take away a few goals and when Kessel can play he should certainly help there. They were 10th in the league in goals scored last season, surprisingly enough.

Losing Kubina is HUGE. Reall solid D man, no one they brought in will replace what he brought.

That Kubina trade was horri-awful. Excelby and Colin Stuart. WTF? We should have offered Kelly and Schubert. Smile

154Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:47 am

Still dont get it... I guess Burke thinks Excelby is something other then Donovan's personal pylone.

155Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Still dont get it... I guess Burke thinks Excelby is something other then Donovan's personal pylone.

Burke is a genius though, he is building a team just like the Ducks, didn't we know? Leafs will have a cup in the next 5 years if you put their homer glasses on.

156Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:46 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I heard that during the Habs-Bruins game last night, RDS interviewed Begin, a recently signed Bruin. He apparently said that the other members of the Bruins were not ecstatic to see Kessel go, but also weren't unhappy. He apparently said that Kessel didn't interact much with his teammates, and was viewed as a selfish and "me-first" player/person.

Again I haven't seen this interview, it's based on a post i saw on the Boston Globe website. And was somewhat supported by a poster on ForumIce that said "Begin gave an interview to RDS tonight during the game. When asked about Kessel, he said: "From what I gathered most of the guys here viewed him as a selfish player, he won't be missed""

157Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:I heard that during the Habs-Bruins game last night, RDS interviewed Begin, a recently signed Bruin. He apparently said that the other members of the Bruins were not ecstatic to see Kessel go, but also weren't unhappy. He apparently said that Kessel didn't interact much with his teammates, and was viewed as a selfish and "me-first" player/person.

Again I haven't seen this interview, it's based on a post i saw on the Boston Globe website. And was somewhat supported by a poster on ForumIce that said "Begin gave an interview to RDS tonight during the game. When asked about Kessel, he said: "From what I gathered most of the guys here viewed him as a selfish player, he won't be missed""

good luck with him then Wilson if it's true, for Sens fans, we love to hear, another issue to lead to the demise of the Leafs Kessel to The Leafs - Page 11 668437

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum