GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to give Kessel the "C" already?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, no one else seems to have shown any sort of heart and desire to win like he has. And when you hear quotes from Stajan that he doesn't mind being demoted to the 4th line... you have to wonder about the leadership. I would not be surprised if Kessel got the "C" pretty soon.

2Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed.

3Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:22 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

He probably should. He's awesome and seems to care a whole lot about his team.

Did anyone hear any news as to whether he got injured again yesterday? He left the ice for a while in the 3rd and came back and wasn't looking so hot.

4Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not sure he's suited for that kind of position. He's definitely their best forward, probably best player, but I think that's putting too much pressure on him. He needs to focus on providing offence.

Also, horrible sophomore slump aside, I think Schenn is the true captain and leader of this team in the future.

5Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:50 pm

asq2 wrote:I'm not sure he's suited for that kind of position. He's definitely their best forward, probably best player, but I think that's putting too much pressure on him. He needs to focus on providing offence.

Also, horrible sophomore slump aside, I think Schenn is the true captain and leader of this team in the future.

Agreed. Schenn is a heart and soul guy. I'm not convinced about Kessel's leadership, committment etc yet.

6Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think this team is just begging for someone to be wearing the "C". I wonder if Burke/Wilson would take the risk of giving to Kessel early or wait and see how he pans out..

7Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I just don't think he's captain material. He's been a great player for them so far, though.

8Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:I just don't think he's captain material. He's been a great player for them so far, though.
True. Great players do not always make great leaders.

9Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 pm

nor do they necessarily make great coaches Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Icon_wink

10Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gohan wrote:nor do they necessarily make great coaches Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Icon_wink
Equally true.

11Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 pm

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:I just don't think he's captain material. He's been a great player for them so far, though.
True. Great players do not always make great leaders.

I'd like to call for an inquiry into your rep level shabbs. 63? Seriously? I guess post count isn't the only thing you fluff. Time to give Kessel the "C" already? 62136

12Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Empty Re: Time to give Kessel the "C" already? Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is this the same guy who nobody cared about in the Boston Locker room when he was traded?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum