GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kessel to The Leafs

+18
Cap'n Clutch
beerandsens
Riprock
Vandelay
beedub
rooneypoo
Snuh
BigRig
wprager
dennycrane
Sens19
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
jamvan
asq2
LeCaptain
shabbs
Bramlet07
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Kessel to The Leafs Empty Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:21 pm

http://tsn.ca

So glad I'm not a Leafs fan.

2Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

I hope they overpay for him.

3Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:http://tsn.ca

So glad I'm not a Leafs fan.
Tell me they don't need him though. Desperately.

4Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 pm

If they gave up a first round pick for him, Burke should be fired tomorrow.

5Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:If they gave up a first round pick for him, Burke should be fired tomorrow.
Going to be interesting to see what he offers up.

What are the rumoured offerings?

6Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 pm

2 1st +

7Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kessel to The Leafs 78253

8Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 pm

I hope for my sake as a leaf fan this is a nasty rumor. We are so bad this year we will have a lottery shot a taylor hall. Plus whatever else Burke gives Boston. I hate being a leaf fan. At least I have Calgary too

9Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:If they gave up a first round pick for him, Burke should be fired tomorrow.

Kessel was a 5th overall pick. They haven't been bad enough to get a pick that high in either of the past two seasons. Now they've added Kessel, and Komisarek, and Gustavsson, and so on, and you think their first-round pick is going to be anything close to Kessel?

Sometimes I think we just badmouth the Leafs moves because they're the Leafs. I remember, for example, that many posters on this site (and the others I frequent, to be fair), were excited at the prospect of landing Bozak when rumours surfaced in the Sens' interest. As soon as the Leafs signed him, we completely dismissed him. The opposite happened for Kovalev.

10Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If it's 2 1sts +, then the deal starts looking worse. But Kessel for the Leafs 2010 first round pick? I'd do that in a heart-beat.

11Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

asq2 wrote:

Kessel was a 5th overall pick. They haven't been bad enough to get a pick that high in either of the past two seasons. Now they've added Kessel, and Komisarek, and Gustavsson, and so on, and you think their first-round pick is going to be anything close to Kessel?

Sometimes I think we just badmouth the Leafs moves because they're the Leafs. I remember, for example, that many posters on this site (and the others I frequent, to be fair), were excited at the prospect of landing Bozak when rumours surfaced in the Sens' interest. As soon as the Leafs signed him, we completely dismissed him. The opposite happened for Kovalev.

I dont think highly of Kessel at all so. I think the kid will be nothing more then an offensive, under sized forward who doesnt have the chracter to make a real impact in the league.

Can't stand Kessel.

12Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 pm

cloverleaf wrote:I hope for my sake as a leaf fan this is a nasty rumor. We are so bad this year we will have a lottery shot a taylor hall. Plus whatever else Burke gives Boston. I hate being a leaf fan. At least I have Calgary too

That's EXACTLY how I look at it.

13Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

asq2 wrote:If it's 2 1sts +, then the deal starts looking worse. But Kessel for the Leafs 2010 first round pick? I'd do that in a heart-beat.

I'd have to agree that the Leafs won't be as bad as a lottery team. I think they've made some improvements to ensure that and Kessel (for not roster assets) should help as well. I'm not a fan of the guy's overall game but he can put the puck in the net. The Leafs have to do something because they can't go into the season with Jason Blake as their biggest offensive threat.

That story didn't mention 2 1sts, so where is this coming from does anyone know?

14Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cloverleaf wrote:I hope for my sake as a leaf fan this is a nasty rumor. We are so bad this year we will have a lottery shot a taylor hall. Plus whatever else Burke gives Boston. I hate being a leaf fan. At least I have Calgary too
Well, landing Kessel will probably push you out of lottery range and into 9-10 range.

TSN is saying they have reached an agreement. No details though.

15Kessel to The Leafs Empty Re: Kessel to The Leafs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

It's going to be two 1st rounders 2010 and 2011 and a 2nd rounder for Kessel and a 3rd rounder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum