GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Murray's next move ?

+21
TeamRenzo
spader
Vandelay
strachattack
Tuk Tuk
beedub
rooneypoo
PKC
davetherave
Hayden
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
BigRig
Phoenix30
wprager
Sens19
PTFlea
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

181What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:I'd be OK to trade Lee+Zubov, and if that's not enough, give them Hennessy as well.

Are we talking about Michalek's brother? I think you'll find that it would start at Volchenkov and a 1st, but more likely Foligno +.

This nerd guy is the toast of the NHL right now. Everyone's clamouring to say they noticed him first and he's so underrated etc. Phoenix fan(s) are hell bent on never letting him go - and so on and so forth.

All six of them will be fine.

182What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Has anyone ever thought of trying to get Zbynek Michalek from Phoenix?

He's a great hitter, shot blocker, and has some offensive flair. He's also very cheap (1.4). Led the league in blocked shots, and is Milan's brother.

Send them Lee/Picard and Zubov/pick, and it should be enough.

I mentioned it, but we're talking about Phoenix's Duncan Keith. He's their most valuable player behind Doan, and to get him when he has that contract, the price would be nuts.

At the deadline, we might be able to swing Lee, 1st, O'Brien/Smith, but even then I think they'd have to be crazy to deal him (and not demand Karlsson or Cowen).

He's an upcoming FA, though. If he hits the market, target him for sure.

And he's got reason to come here...

Offer him 4x4, you think he'd take it?

183What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Off-note: TSN released their projections for the season and they've got Leclaire winning 28 games and Elliott winning 18 = 46 wins = 92+ points = playoffs. Pretty ringing endorsement from the Toronto SN

184What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Diddle TSN, we're aiming for 110 points What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 13980

185What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

CCgotITcovered wrote:Off-note: TSN released their projections for the season and they've got Leclaire winning 28 games and Elliott winning 18 = 46 wins = 92+ points = playoffs. Pretty ringing endorsement from the Toronto SN

They also ranked us 26th. What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 668437

That's just points from wins, too. Add some from OT and SO losses, and we're at at least 100 points.

But also fourth last in the league.

186What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:
All six of them will be fine.

They claim they won't be fine. This is a big deal for them. I dunno...if he hits the open market next season as Asq was saying, then perhaps, but that's only if we can shed some salary.

I certainly won't obsess over him like I did with Campbell and J-Bo. If we get him, that's fantastic, if not, we need to work in Karlsson, Cowen and Wiercioch and start rolling towards building a championship team. Ahhhhh!

187What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:I'd be OK to trade Lee+Zubov, and if that's not enough, give them Hennessy as well.

Are we talking about Michalek's brother? I think you'll find that it would start at Volchenkov and a 1st, but more likely Foligno +.

This nerd guy is the toast of the NHL right now. Everyone's clamouring to say they noticed him first and he's so underrated etc. Phoenix fan(s) are hell bent on never letting him go - and so on and so forth.

What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 668437

He's a good player, though.

188What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

That's just points from wins, too. Add some from OT and SO losses, and we're at at least 100 points.

The talk lately is that both TSN and THN are slipping in taking a realistic (some say unbiased) view of both players and standings. It's not TSN's forte to predict standings - never has been, yet people take what they say as the bible. To me, I find their logic flawed to the point where if they rank us 26th and Sportsnet ranks us 15th, I'd actually put consideration into Sportnet's analysis - and that's a friggin sad statement; Sportsnet is like the Enquirer of sports sites.

THN is in danger of being usurped by McKeens or any of the other six forecast magazines. Tonnes of interesting articles, but in some cases shockingly off from year to year.

Look out TSN and THN - this is the internet age and people have a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips. If you're gonna make predictions and charge money for them, make sure they're painstakingly thought out.

189What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:He's a good player, though.

Yeah - I've only seen him play a handful of times. The Yotes are...not exciting to me in the least. Unless there's no other games on Center Ice, I rarely tune in. I might try a little more this year to see this guy, but...uh...they put me to sleep. 💤

190What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Just thought I would throw this out there. Today Gregor on Team 1260 in Edmonton was speaking with a reliable beat writer and someone close to the Sharks today about the Heatley deal. The coles notes is that Cheechoos is a well liked player and will give it his all on every shift. He also stated that Cheechoo has worked hard this off season without challenges and expects Cheech to easily hit 25 goals this year if put in the right situation. The same individual also stated that Milan will be a great addition to the team because of his speed and ability. Milan just needs to pull everything together consistantly and will become an elite player if he does. If the stars aligned and Milan pulled everything together and Cheechoo stays healthy then its possible that these guys can put up some very good stats while being more complete players than Heatley.

Unfortunately I missed most of Dean Browns talk so I have no idea what his thoughts were.

191What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:He's a good player, though.

Yeah - I've only seen him play a handful of times. The Yotes are...not exciting to me in the least. Unless there's no other games on Center Ice, I rarely tune in. I might try a little more this year to see this guy, but...uh...they put me to sleep. What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 738650

What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 668437 It would help if they had any kinda budget.

192What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

he is an ufa at the end of the season, why would we trade anything for him let alone volchie.

193What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

The talk lately is that both TSN and THN are slipping in taking a realistic (some say unbiased) view of both players and standings. It's not TSN's forte to predict standings - never has been, yet people take what they say as the bible. To me, I find their logic flawed to the point where if they rank us 26th and Sportsnet ranks us 15th, I'd actually put consideration into Sportnet's analysis - and that's a friggin sad statement; Sportsnet is like the Enquirer of sports sites.

THN is in danger of being usurped by McKeens or any of the other six forecast magazines. Tonnes of interesting articles, but in some cases shockingly off from year to year.

Look out TSN and THN - this is the internet age and people have a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips. If you're gonna make predictions and charge money for them, make sure they're painstakingly thought out.

i get a kick out of seeing they are off. (unless they are off on us and we tank...)

194What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I'm checking out TSN's fantasy page right now and cannot find league/conference/division rankings. There is a fantasy report on the Sens (they are listed 4th in the division, but that looks just alphabetical -- Toronto is 5th). Where is this 26th ranking? Was it done before the trade?

195What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I'm checking out TSN's fantasy page right now and cannot find league/conference/division rankings. There is a fantasy report on the Sens (they are listed 4th in the division, but that looks just alphabetical -- Toronto is 5th). Where is this 26th ranking? Was it done before the trade?

They actually have us ranked at 24th, which isn't much better. What it is, is their 30 teams in 30 days comes out in order from who will finish last to who will finish first. Here is a board of the order so far:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11926

And you are correct, this was before the Heatley trade. Even on the player rankings, Scott Cullen makes an amendment that Heatley's value will rise/has risen due to the fact that he will undoubtedly play with Thornton. Similarly, Michalek and Cheechoo's stocks will rise/have risen as well.

196What's Murray's next move ? - Page 13 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:he is an ufa at the end of the season, why would we trade anything for him let alone volchie.

Again, because he's the new cat's pajamas according to most.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum