GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

what's it gonna take to get Jay Bo to move?

+3
PTFlea
PKC
Flo The Action
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

keep hearing that martin wants to trade Jay Bo for something that will help them now and wants to make the playoffs. but does it tell us what jay Bo wants? NO!
i think the reason noone is giving enough on Jay Bo to make it happen is because the future on him is too uncertain.
why doesn't J matin let's the teams interested that would give him a satisfying return talk to him about an extention... this aint gonna happen if not. i can see Jay Bo not getting traded before the deadline(maybe after the season).

id' be very interested to find out what ottawa would be willing to pay.
what do you think?

What would it take to get UFA Scott Stevens entering his prime?

That is the question because JayBo has the same type of value to the Panthers and J Martin is not willing to take what would normally be offered for a high caliber rental that is most likely to test FA this summer unless he is traded to Detroit.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think you guys are way overvaluing guys again. This happened last year near the deadline too. Everyone thought it would take a roster player, prospect, and two picks to even start talking about Brian Campbell.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think that Jay can brimng a hell of alot to a team, he can skate, protect the puck, score and hit. i wouldn't throw cambell money at him but neither would i have thrown that much at cambell either. i think a fair bid on jay would be 5.5 mill per year for 4 year. but it hink he'll fetch 6.5.

i'd give up vermette, kuba and phillips(prefferably smith) + 2ndround pick if we could get Jay for 5 million for 4 years on a trade . i know many of you are gonna scream bloody murder on the phillips but you have to offer something competetive. to get the return

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pfft. For a signed J-Bo, look how fast I drive Phillips to the airport.

I'd offer him 7 X 7 without breaking a sweat.

504Heater wrote:Pfft. For a signed J-Bo, look how fast I drive Phillips to the airport.

I'd offer him 7 X 7 without breaking a sweat.

You might try to drive to Phillip's house to pick him up but I would already have him in flight. G-G-G-G-Gone.....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Panthers are screwed. JBo is going to test the UFA waters, no doubt about it. Unless Martin finds someone who's desperate to make a move now and over pay for a UFA in the hopes of signing him in the off season... he's gonna walk for nothing. Their only other option is to sign him and then let the trade wars begin. But all signs point to him not signing anything in FLA.

PKC wrote:I think you guys are way overvaluing guys again. This happened last year near the deadline too. Everyone thought it would take a roster player, prospect, and two picks to even start talking about Brian Campbell.
Imo they're overvaluing him in another way: Comparing Bouwmeester to Diddle Scott Stevens is crazy. He is simply not on that level.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I think you guys are way overvaluing guys again. This happened last year near the deadline too. Everyone thought it would take a roster player, prospect, and two picks to even start talking about Brian Campbell.

I agree, many may jump on me for this one, but am thinking J Bo is really overrated and not worth what everyone is saying he is. If Ottawa doesn't make an offer for this guy, I am definitely not going to cry over it. Let some other team screw over their future trying to land this guy.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Just watch...Detroit will sign JayBo in June.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Just watch...Detroit will sign JayBo in June.

they can have him, think Chelios will retire then to make way for him?

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

For Detroit to sign Bowmeester in July would either acknowledge that Hossa was walking, Franzen was taking a discounted salary.

I say let someone give him 7x7. Good riddance. Take Brian Campbell. Good defenceman, sure he is. is he worth that kind of jack......don't know.

I know JBo will get it somewhere, that's the market. I hope it's not here. I would pay 7 million for a #1 or 2 Dman, but make him a little more established

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Just watch...Detroit will sign JayBo in June.

they can have him, think Chelios will retire then to make way for him?

If JayBo wants to play for a contender, he'd definitely do well to go to Detroit. They can help him take his game to a championship level...and he gives them size, skill, mobility and is a long-term asset.

BTW I don't buy into all the hype and hysteria...but I watched him for years with the Panthers, and Bouwmeester is potentially an elite d-man.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:For Detroit to sign Bowmeester in July would either acknowledge that Hossa was walking, Franzen was taking a discounted salary.

I say let someone give him 7x7. Good riddance. Take Brian Campbell. Good defenceman, sure he is. is he worth that kind of jack......don't know.

I know JBo will get it somewhere, that's the market. I hope it's not here. I would pay 7 million for a #1 or 2 Dman, but make him a little more established

Agree with the 7X7, however, wouldn't pay it on J Bo, I would definitely consider it for Mike Green though, that pokes holes in the established arguement, but I like Green's game more than J Bo's

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:For Detroit to sign Bowmeester in July would either acknowledge that Hossa was walking, Franzen was taking a discounted salary.

Agree with the 7X7, however, wouldn't pay it on J Bo, I would definitely consider it for Mike Green though, that pokes holes in the established arguement, but I like Green's game more than J Bo's

Bouwmeester would probably sign for less than 7MM in Detroit.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum