GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship

+11
asq2
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
davetherave
LeCaptain
shabbs
M_Christopher
caissie_1
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Empty We're gonna run a bit of a tighter ship Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is not the place for in-fighting, arguing and constant little jabbings between posters. We're trying to run a fun, free site, we can't have it. There are new mods in place and from now on, any new member will have to be approved by the admins.

Everyone take a nice deep breath and enjoy this forum without the squabbling.

:___:

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Rockon

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Peter Schaefer Surre

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Did I miss something?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Did I miss something?

http://www.gmhockey.com/general-hockey-talk-f49/gm-hockey-fantasy-pool-round-7-t3193-30.htm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ahhh... no wonder I missed it.

Wink

Ahhhhh! Now how will we convince N4L to come back Sarcasm

(seriously: where is that guy? Its been a couple weeks already and he hasn't come back :??: )

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Kudos to the Founders for maintaining the integrity of the GMHockey Forum and putting our Valued Members first.

davetherave wrote:Kudos to the Founders for maintaining the integrity of the GMHockey Forum and putting our Valued Members first.
Dammit Dave, It Pisses Me Off When You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. 🇬🇬

Just Kidding In Case You Didn't Know!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Robby> Ha Ha...I Know.
Wink

Cas> who knows, maybe N4L will come back when the season starts...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ahem.

I was out most of the day today, so I missed the brouhaha over in the Round 7 thread. However I've had a chance to peruse it now and, I have to say, there was over-reaction involved, but there was also provocation. When phrases like "Lighten the diddle up" are used (with no smileys) there is definitely room for mistaking the tone.

Not everyone has thick skin like some of us. Some of us could be going through something that sucks all the patience and understanding out of them, leaving none for any negative comments here.

If you've offended, please make amends right away. A "Sorry" is, sometimes, not so much an admission of guilt, as it is a recognition of what the other person is feeling.

So right now we are left one poolie short -- again -- and it just so happens that it's his turn to pick. So, not only did someone get offended enough to delete his account, but now we (the rest of the pool) are left in a difficult situation.

P.S. An apology may be left in the Round 7 thread. I'm sure the recently departed will still refresh the page a few times.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yes guys prags is right saying sorry would help a lot. I had an argument quite some time ago(actually with prags back in may) i had one of those days where everything went wrong and took something prags said out fo context and started fighting. I gave it about 20 minutes realised i over reacted and PMed him an apology and fixed it up

Fair enough, Prags. I stand behind what I said, but obviously I could've said it in a less indirect and/or more sensitive way.

I can take over his pool picks if need be.

this happens all the time. I was one of the main culprits in that round 7 thread and do not feel bad for anything I said. Deleting an account is so childish IMO. Even if someone pisses me off i would not give them the luxury of knowing that they made me quit. That being said, If I offended anyone I am sorry.

edit: but for fok-sake, please don't change your picks once you have already posted your pick Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum