GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Murray's next move ?

+21
TeamRenzo
spader
Vandelay
strachattack
Tuk Tuk
beedub
rooneypoo
PKC
davetherave
Hayden
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
BigRig
Phoenix30
wprager
Sens19
PTFlea
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

151What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess we won't know what Cheechoo will look like as an Ottawa Senator until he plays for the Senators. I'm open to seeing what the coach wants from him.

If I were the coach, I would ask him what his thoughts were on having the best possible outcome and giving his suggestions a try.

I wonder what Murray meant by "big" defenseman? Big in stature? Big name? Big ticket? Big time? What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 42360

Goodie Wilson repeated that he expects the Senators to acquire a defenseman this morning with Al Armstrong.
I believe he is looking for someone who will make you pay to stand in front of the net and also throw the body around. Jason Smith replacement if you think about it.

152What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:But by the same token, Murray would not say something that would compromise that position. It's very likely that he discussed the players in the trade with Clouston, so Michalek as a top-liner could simply be the consensus.

I hope he means that we're rolling 2 strong scoring lines and that Michalek will be on one of them. Sarcasm

Seriously though, I really want to see Cheechoo with Spezza. Michalek on line 2 with Fisher and Kovalev or Alfie's a good way of spreading things out IMO. But, in Clouston we trust.

153What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:45 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:But by the same token, Murray would not say something that would compromise that position. It's very likely that he discussed the players in the trade with Clouston, so Michalek as a top-liner could simply be the consensus.

I hope he means that we're rolling 2 strong scoring lines and that Michalek will be on one of them. What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 455378

Seriously though, I really want to see Cheechoo with Spezza. Michalek on line 2 with Fisher and Kovalev or Alfie's a good way of spreading things out IMO. But, in Clouston we trust.

Cheechoo's so slow. Let him play first PP a la Shanahan. I'd love to see what possibilities Michalek's speed could open up for Spezza.

154What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 pm

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I hope he means that we're rolling 2 strong scoring lines and that Michalek will be on one of them. What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 455378

Cheechoo's so slow. Let him play first PP a la Shanahan. I'd love to see what possibilities Michalek's speed could open up for Spezza.
And he'd still lap Heatley in a race around the ice.

155What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Cheechoo's so slow. Let him play first PP a la Shanahan. I'd love to see what possibilities Michalek's speed could open up for Spezza.

He has an odd way of skating, I won't lie, but slow? That's hard to say right now after the two hernia surgeries. If he's back to 100% healthy he's much faster than Heatley -and a hell of a lot more motivated. But if they pair up Cheechoo, Fisher and Kovalev, I'm not complaining either.

Options...it's all about options. :handsup:

156What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

No way Cheechoo's slower than Heatley. Noway.

157What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 pm

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

What? Cheechoo isnt slow at all.

158What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

One Sharks fan quipped that he looks like he's skating in mud. Not the world's greatest hands either.

Great shot and great work ethic, but let's not confuse the guy with Ovechkin or something.

159What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Anyway, I think he can be a valuable asset to the powerplay and I really hope he proves me wrong in my other criticisms, but he's probably number 3 on the list of pieces in the Heatley return I'm most excited about.

160What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 am

Sophomore
Sophomore

we need to get a d-man out of vancouver

161What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Mitchell please.

It won't happen, but I'd love to see him here. He's UFA next season though, so we have a shot at him (hopefully) if talks with A-Train go off the rails.

162What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 am

asq2 wrote:One Sharks fan quipped that he looks like he's skating in mud. Not the world's greatest hands either.

Great shot and great work ethic, but let's not confuse the guy with Ovechkin or something.

I dont think anyone is doing that. No one is saying Cheechoo should, can, or will get to 50 goals, but if can put in the full effort every night and get 25-30 goals, that's more then enough.

163What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 am

spader wrote:Mitchell please.

It won't happen, but I'd love to see him here. He's UFA next season though, so we have a shot at him (hopefully) if talks with A-Train go off the rails.

Mitchell really would be a solid addition to The Sens blueline, I agree there.

164What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

if Murray does nothing, we are pretty well set for this year, as per capgeek.com, $1,353,334 is our cap space.

165What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'd be surprised if he doesn't trade or waive Schubert or Dono. Either would give him the 2 mil that most claimed he'd want to start the season with.

166What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I'd be surprised if he doesn't trade or waive Schubert or Dono. Either would give him the 2 mil that most claimed he'd want to start the season with.

would part with Schubie before Dono if I had the choice, hard to replace an old guy like Donovan, so Schubie for a mid to late rd pick would be sufficient.

167What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Imagine the options two of the better passers in the East will have? Spezza looks to his right and sees Kovalav. He looks to his left and sees Cheechoo. Hmmm...which one to pass to? Both have sick wristers and a sexy one timer. Look out. And that doesn't even include Alfie, Foligno, Michalek, Fisher on the 2nd PP unit. :****:

168What's Murray's next move ? - Page 11 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Has anyone ever thought of trying to get Zbynek Michalek from Phoenix?

He's a great hitter, shot blocker, and has some offensive flair. He's also very cheap (1.4). Led the league in blocked shots, and is Milan's brother.

Send them Lee/Picard and Zubov/pick, and it should be enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum