GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Murray's next move ?

+21
TeamRenzo
spader
Vandelay
strachattack
Tuk Tuk
beedub
rooneypoo
PKC
davetherave
Hayden
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
BigRig
Phoenix30
wprager
Sens19
PTFlea
asq2
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I'd be surprised if he doesn't trade or waive Schubert or Dono. Either would give him the 2 mil that most claimed he'd want to start the season with.

would part with Schubie before Dono if I had the choice, hard to replace an old guy like Donovan, so Schubie for a mid to late rd pick would be sufficient.

167What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Imagine the options two of the better passers in the East will have? Spezza looks to his right and sees Kovalav. He looks to his left and sees Cheechoo. Hmmm...which one to pass to? Both have sick wristers and a sexy one timer. Look out. And that doesn't even include Alfie, Foligno, Michalek, Fisher on the 2nd PP unit. :****:

168What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Has anyone ever thought of trying to get Zbynek Michalek from Phoenix?

He's a great hitter, shot blocker, and has some offensive flair. He's also very cheap (1.4). Led the league in blocked shots, and is Milan's brother.

Send them Lee/Picard and Zubov/pick, and it should be enough.

169What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Brian and Ilya are a lot easier to pronounce than Zb-wtf??

170What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 668437

He's just the guy we need on D though. He's a monster What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 455378

171What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd be OK to trade Lee+Zubov, and if that's not enough, give them Hennessy as well.

172What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I come from a foreign country, and I don't know , I never have difficulty pronouncing names. Like, I know some people who can't pronounce Colaiacovo to save their lives. Just read it man What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 668437

173What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'm assuming it's pronounced Zib-yin-nik Mi-hal-ik, but if some one could correct me, that'd be great.

Zbynek Michalek is the guy we need What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Icon_smile

174What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:I'm assuming it's pronounced Zib-yin-nik Mi-hal-ik, but if some one could correct me, that'd be great.

Zbynek Michalek is the guy we need What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Icon_smile

I go Z(i)bee-nek Mih-hah-lek, but the Phoenix announcers pronounce it "Mikkalek."

175What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'll just call him Big Z. No one else has that name, right? What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 455378

176What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well, it's pronounced Zby (like sbee with a Z sound) -nek , same style as a Zde-no, and Michalek is like MI-rha (like an arab kha)-lek.

177What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:Has anyone ever thought of trying to get Zbynek Michalek from Phoenix?

He's a great hitter, shot blocker, and has some offensive flair. He's also very cheap (1.4). Led the league in blocked shots, and is Milan's brother.

I mentioned it, but we're talking about Phoenix's Duncan Keith. He's their most valuable player behind Doan, and to get him when he has that contract, the price would be nuts.

At the deadline, we might be able to swing Lee, 1st, O'Brien/Smith, but even then I think they'd have to be crazy to deal him (and not demand Karlsson or Cowen).

He's an upcoming FA, though. If he hits the market, target him for sure.

178What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:I'll just call him Big Z. No one else has that name, right? What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 455378

I remember when he was first coming up, the Phoenix fans called him Little Z.

He's not that small, though (except in comparison to you-know-who).

179What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I'd be OK to trade Lee+Zubov, and if that's not enough, give them Hennessy as well.

Are we talking about Michalek's brother? I think you'll find that it would start at Volchenkov and a 1st, but more likely Foligno +.

This nerd guy is the toast of the NHL right now. Everyone's clamouring to say they noticed him first and he's so underrated etc. Phoenix fan(s) are hell bent on never letting him go - and so on and so forth.

180What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'd actually be okay with Volchenkov, but not the 1st.

181What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:I'd be OK to trade Lee+Zubov, and if that's not enough, give them Hennessy as well.

Are we talking about Michalek's brother? I think you'll find that it would start at Volchenkov and a 1st, but more likely Foligno +.

This nerd guy is the toast of the NHL right now. Everyone's clamouring to say they noticed him first and he's so underrated etc. Phoenix fan(s) are hell bent on never letting him go - and so on and so forth.

All six of them will be fine.

182What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:Has anyone ever thought of trying to get Zbynek Michalek from Phoenix?

I mentioned it, but we're talking about Phoenix's Duncan Keith. He's their most valuable player behind Doan, and to get him when he has that contract, the price would be nuts.

At the deadline, we might be able to swing Lee, 1st, O'Brien/Smith, but even then I think they'd have to be crazy to deal him (and not demand Karlsson or Cowen).

He's an upcoming FA, though. If he hits the market, target him for sure.

And he's got reason to come here...

Offer him 4x4, you think he'd take it?

183What's Murray's next move ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's Murray's next move ? Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Off-note: TSN released their projections for the season and they've got Leclaire winning 28 games and Elliott winning 18 = 46 wins = 92+ points = playoffs. Pretty ringing endorsement from the Toronto SN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum