GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pronger on the move?

+3
PTFlea
asq2
Riprock
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pronger on the move? Empty Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Listening to Hockeycentral on Sportsnet and they were discussing the possibility of Anaheim trading Chris Pronger, and one of the teams I overheard them discussing as a trade partner was Vancouver.

If Pronger's available, could and should Ottawa get involved? One more year at his current deal after this one at $6.25 and while he might not be the most liked guy, he could give us someone that we sorely miss after losing a guy like Chara for his size and scoring. Only question is after next year, could we still afford to keep him? I suppose if we had to he could be moved again at the deadline.

What it would take to acquire a guy like that is beyond me at this point, likely too much for Ottawa to want to part with. I see him going most likely to a team that has a serious shot at the cup.

2Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

No thanks.

A) Mrs. Pronger would probably hate the Ottawa weather

B) He's too old. We still wouldn't make the playoffs, so if it's a big skilled defenceman you're after I think we should aim to get the Swedish one in the upcoming draft.

3Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Badly want this guy. Wish we were in a negotiating position to extend him. This is up and down what the org. needs - well - we need Chara, but that ship has sailed. Pronger can bring it pretty hard core.

4Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 pm

We'd have to give up way too much of the future for him. Plus, he's dirty. I agree with asq2....let's grab the swedish kid in the draft.....whatshisname!

5Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's really little chance we can get the 2nd overall. Really, what are the chances of it working out that perfectly? 1 in 100?

I'm all for having Hedman and Karlsson together for the next 15 years, but as I've said, when the dust settles on the season, I believe we'll be in the 9th or 10th draft position unfortunately.

6Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I too believe it would cost way too much of our future to bring him in. If Vancouver picks him up he may actually stay who knows? Nah, he'll hate it there and request a trade after the season's over LOL.

- Unknown Author

7Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't give up a first for him (at least not ours), so that is why I think we have no chance.

Hedman would be good, but at this point it is unrealistic to think we will get a top 2 pick. Ottawa's playing pretty good, only will get better (unfortunately) and the other teams are just going to get worse (NYI, Tampa).

8Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:11 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why would Anaheim want to deal with Vancouver? That doesn't make any sense to me. They'd kill their own chances of making it far in the playoffs. Also, what do they have that Anaheim wants?

9Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are there any female TV news personalities he would consider "hittin' it" in Ottawa with before he asks to be traded for family reasons?

Could be a fit.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Why would Anaheim want to deal with Vancouver? That doesn't make any sense to me. They'd kill their own chances of making it far in the playoffs. Also, what do they have that Anaheim wants?

Yeah, this is out of the Sens league. This is a player for player transaction that will take place.

Diddle. I love/loathe Pronger and I badly want him in a Sens uni.

Anaheim would be wise to make this a smart trade for a young, good D-man under contract (Edler) and a 1st that could be middle of the pack (Vancouver).

11Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kesler? Ohlund? They have assets. It is not as dumb as you'd think. Just because they are in the same conference, as mentioned on HC, you wouldn't last long as a GM if all you did was deal with opposite conferences rather taking the best deal for your team.

If you are Anaheim you likely want a young d-man signed for a few years, considering 80% of their defence are free agents at end of year.

12Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't see anymore how us getting better is a bad thing. Aren't you all sick of the horrible times we've gone through for over a year now? I would much rather see us get our Dung together now. IF we actually keep playing well and grabbing points where we can, we'll be pretty damn good if we make the playoffs. This years draft is really deep, whether we finish 5th or 10th in the draft, we will get a great player. There's no way we finish 2nd in the draft or 3rd either. Unless of course, these last 3 games were an illusion and we continue to tank from tonight on....

13Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Are there any feamle TV news personalities he would consider "hittin' it" in Ottawa with before he asks to be traded for family reasons?

Could be a fit.

Who did he Diddle in Edmonton again? His nanny?

14Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:19 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Are there any feamle TV news personalities he would consider "hittin' it" in Ottawa with before he asks to be traded for family reasons?

Could be a fit.

Wasn't that Jude Law?

15Pronger on the move? Empty Re: Pronger on the move? Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:

Could be a fit.

I don't know. But it was first-class of him to do whatever he did and then throw the City of Champions under the bus as part of his cover.

He can stay the hell off my team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum