GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pronger to Ott?

+11
SensGirl11
PKC
LeCaptain
Laker
beedub
wprager
PTFlea
dennycrane
SensFan71
davetherave
Jordo
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Pronger to Ott? Empty Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I haven't heard anything- but Ek posted it, and something of this magnitude does deserve some comment.

Perhaps this is why Dean got moved out? haha.

What do people think? What kinda deal would be in place to bring him here?

2Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Unless Spezza or Heatley are on their way to Disney World, I don't see how Anaheim trades The Pronginator to Ottawa.

3Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:17 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

even though I am sure it is fluff, you are right Jordo, it deserves talking about. The funny thing about McAmmond being moved kind of plays into Ek's famous domino theories lol. Would I like it? He's a nasty SOB of a defenseman that can be dominant when on top of his game (he's dirty too, don't need that), that alone says yes, but this goes against the mini retooling logic that BM should be doing, not bring in more big contracts, we need prospects and draft picks, not big contracts. Montreal's win against us Saturday has really set us back, we have two games coming up against the leagues best that is going (unless there is a miracle), two more regulation losses, and I heard somewhere that the most we can afford is 4 more regulation losses and we are done after that, so why bring on more contracts. Besides, what we would have to give up would be astronomical to land this guy. Let's work out a deal with someone going the other way in return for Bobby Ryan. (pipedream, I know)

4Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:48 am

Jordo wrote:I haven't heard anything- but Ek posted it, and something of this magnitude does deserve some comment.

Too much for a 34 year old player on the decline, with a bad attitude, suspension history, and wife issues.

I want no part of this assclown.

I'd cheerfully accept one Frankie Beauchemin though.

5Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Not going to happen.

6Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why would we give up the farm for what will end up as one year of Pronger? He can't sign an extension until July 1st at the earliest. Do I want him? More than you can imagine. Does it make any sense? Not in the least.

Forget this one, it must be someone else.

7Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:57 am

Jordo wrote:I haven't heard anything- but Ek posted it, and something of this magnitude does deserve some comment.

Dawg seems to think that it isn't for Pronger (he's only got 1 more year on his deal), but maybe for either Shea Weber or Phaneuf. The names being mentioned right now are Heatley and Spezza and at that, those are the only name that makes sense.

Phaneuf straight up maybe, but for Weber there would need to be more coming back. Dawg doesn't know for sure, he's just throwing names out there based on the players Ottawa has talked about trading.

Also the other day Dawg said that Campoli was an enigma, his answer was this (paraphrasing)

By enigma I meant that Campoli should be a more offensive player with better defensive capabilities. It's the opinion of many scouts from various teams that Campoli was being stiffled on the Island and getting onto a team like Ottawa may turn him into a cheaper version of Green.

DW

8Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 am

Dawg's Wife wrote:

Dawg seems to think that it isn't for Pronger (he's only got 1 more year on his deal), but maybe for either Shea Weber or Phaneuf. The names being mentioned right now are Heatley and Spezza and at that, those are the only name that makes sense.

Phaneuf straight up maybe, but for Weber there would need to be more coming back. Dawg doesn't know for sure, he's just throwing names out there based on the players Ottawa has talked about trading.

Also the other day Dawg said that Campoli was an enigma, his answer was this (paraphrasing)

By enigma I meant that Campoli should be a more offensive player with better defensive capabilities. It's the opinion of many scouts from various teams that Campoli was being stiffled on the Island and getting onto a team like Ottawa may turn him into a cheaper version of Green.

DW

I just wet my pants.

9Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:

DW

Oh my God, I think I just cried a little and then **** my pantaloons. I don't know what would make me happier, a little version of Green or Neon Dion of Shea the Great.

Boo hoo hoo. I love it.

10Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

I just wet my pants.

Hahahah. I just wrote the exact same thing pretty much.

11Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Those are happy thoughts (not wetting/s***ing pants; the other stuff) but allow me to curb my enthusiasm just until the first 20 games of next year. When we start the season with a system, a goalie and with a (more than slightly) different roster.

12Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

504Heater wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

DW

Oh my God, I think I just cried a little and then **** my pantaloons. I don't know what would make me happier, a little version of Green or Neon Dion of Shea the Great.

Boo hoo hoo. I love it.

I'd take Green, then Weber, then Phaneuf.

D-men with the ability to put up the points that Green is doing now just don't come along very often. Weber is the total package, and Phaneuf is awesome. He really, really needs to work on his play in his own end though.

I'll seriously cry tears of joy if we managed to land Weber. Phaneuf too, but I'd pair him with A-Train so he could thing how business is properly handled in the defensive end.

13Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

wprager wrote:Those are happy thoughts (not wetting/s***ing pants; the other stuff) but allow me to curb my enthusiasm just until the first 20 games of next year. When we start the season with a system, a goalie and with a (more than slightly) different roster.

With regards to Campoli you mean?

14Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 am

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I just wet my pants.

Hahahah. I just wrote the exact same thing pretty much.

Yours was more eloquent :x

15Pronger to Ott? Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

a player like Weber or phaneuf in Ottawa. or GREEN ?!

There is your credibility on defense. Over night. Blam. Done

Then they can concentrate on a goalie, and we are well on our way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum