GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pronger to Ott?

+11
SensGirl11
PKC
LeCaptain
Laker
beedub
wprager
PTFlea
dennycrane
SensFan71
davetherave
Jordo
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

wprager wrote:Those are happy thoughts (not wetting/s***ing pants; the other stuff) but allow me to curb my enthusiasm just until the first 20 games of next year. When we start the season with a system, a goalie and with a (more than slightly) different roster.

With regards to Campoli you mean?

17Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 am

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I just wet my pants.

Hahahah. I just wrote the exact same thing pretty much.

Yours was more eloquent :x

18Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

a player like Weber or phaneuf in Ottawa. or GREEN ?!

There is your credibility on defense. Over night. Blam. Done

Then they can concentrate on a goalie, and we are well on our way

19Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 am

beedub wrote:a player like Weber or phaneuf in Ottawa. or GREEN ?!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but remember that Dawg was just putting names out there.

Ek is right in some regards that Ottawa could be in the market for an All Star defenseman. To do that, they have to give up either Heatley (hope he waives his NTC) or Spezza.

Personally I would hope that we could swap Fisher for Weber, but I don't think Nashville is that stupid. We would likely have to throw in something else..

Hey you take Schubert and Fisher and we take Weber..

everyone happy?

I know...not likely to happen.

20Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 am

Laker

Laker
Prospect
Prospect

It would be great if we could get a player like Weber ... but it's going to cost Spezza. NASH has the D and really need a player like Spezza ... but I still doubt they would part with Weber.

21Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:33 am

Laker wrote:

It would be great if we could get a player like Weber ... but it's going to cost Spezza. NASH has the D and really need a player like Spezza ... but I still doubt they would part with Weber.

Probably right. I think they'd part with Suter first. Spezza for Suter and Nashville's first....or Colin Wilson :D

22Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Are we back in Dreamland again? scratch

The best we can hope is, IMO, Campoli having a breakout carreer. Weber, Phaneuf, green, they are as close as Franchise players as Ovechkin and Crosby. It would take one of the big 3 and a 1st rounder just to get the attention of those teams.
Bryan Murray won't move any of the big 3. If he does, he won't start the year in a Sens organization (unless he accepts to drive the zamboni).

So, let's get down to earth, and see what we can have for Chris Neil and Philip Kuba, may be Kelly and Vermette and the borderline NHL players that fill half our roster.

23Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Probably right. I think they'd part with Suter first. Spezza for Suter and Nashville's first....or Colin Wilson :D

Dear goodness, I love Spezza, but I'd drive him to the airport.

24Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Dear goodness, I love Spezza, but I'd drive him to the airport.

I will pack his bags, let's get this done lol.

25Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's actually a neat little trade when you think about it. Nashville has Hamhuis to step in for Suter - and now they have Spezza as their top line center.

I still begrudge losing Spezza, but I would think about this - and I'm sure so would they.

26Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Are we back in Dreamland again? scratch

The best we can hope is, IMO, Campoli having a breakout carreer. Weber, Phaneuf, green, they are as close as Franchise players as Ovechkin and Crosby. It would take one of the big 3 and a 1st rounder just to get the attention of those teams.
Bryan Murray won't move any of the big 3. If he does, he won't start the year in a Sens organization (unless he accepts to drive the zamboni).

So, let's get down to earth, and see what we can have for Chris Neil and Philip Kuba, may be Kelly and Vermette and the borderline NHL players that fill half our roster.

I don't know that Murray would lose his job if he moves Jason Spezza. the return for a marquee player would need to be first rate.

Look at it this way. Look at florida. J Bouwmeester is a good defencemen. Not the best in the league (as others have intimated) but good. Martin is going to get 2 players and 2 picks for a UFA, for Pete's sake.

Spezza is locked into a long term deal and is a really good center in this league. The return for him shoud be enormous on March 4th or at the draft this summer.

Just make sure he's gone by July 1 or he's going to be giggling at the fans as his NTC kicks in for the next decade (it seems)

27Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:Those are happy thoughts (not wetting/s***ing pants; the other stuff) but allow me to curb my enthusiasm just until the first 20 games of next year. When we start the season with a system, a goalie and with a (more than slightly) different roster.

With regards to Campoli you mean?

Yes, with regards to Dawg's enigmatically charged assessment.

28Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bob McKenzie is saying that Pronger is almost certainly going to be traded. And from my understanding, the Ducks are looking to shed salary. So I'm guessing a top prospect and a first would do it.

Pretty crazy stuff. Could you imagine if Boston or New Jersey landed Pronger...

29Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:37 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Agreed. All we can really get at the deadline is hopefully a 1st (late first) or 2nd for Kuba. Neil will get us a 2nd or 3rd (probably 3rd), Schubert would be a player for player kind of deal or a 4th...Now if Vermette is on the block, we can package him and Kuba up and see what we can get. That could probably get us an early 1st and prospect...

30Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

Agreed. All we can really get at the deadline is hopefully a 1st (late first) or 2nd for Kuba. Neil will get us a 2nd or 3rd (probably 3rd), Schubert would be a player for player kind of deal or a 4th...Now if Vermette is on the block, we can package him and Kuba up and see what we can get. That could probably get us an early 1st and prospect...

I could definitely see a trade between us and Edmonton.

Vermette and Schubert for Smid, Schremp and a draft pick (possibly first).

31Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think I'm gonna drive down to Minny this weekend, strap Backstrom to my roof and bring him to town. We absolutely need a Number 1 goalie...OMG! I think that might be our main concern right now after getting Campoli. We still need a bonafide PMD, but I'm starting to think our goalie situation needs to be rectified and quickly. We ain't going nowhere if we don't address that need as well.

32Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:It's actually a neat little trade when you think about it. Nashville has Hamhuis to step in for Suter - and now they have Spezza as their top line center.

I still begrudge losing Spezza, but I would think about this - and I'm sure so would they.

Are we turning into the B's of the Thornton days? Will it take us moving Spezza in order to contend again? I've been thinking about this a lot lately...I'm not sure if it's the same..but it kinda feels like it is. The only difference (and it's a big one) is that the B's never went to the Final with Thornton...so I guess I answered my own question...

33Pronger to Ott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Are we turning into the B's of the Thornton days? Will it take us moving Spezza in order to contend again? I've been thinking about this a lot lately...I'm not sure if it's the same..but it kinda feels like it is. The only difference (and it's a big one) is that the B's never went to the Final with Thornton...so I guess I answered my own question...

Dunno. Logic perceives that one of the 7 million dollar players should be an elite D-man for us to win it all, but we made the Finals, so it's hard to say.

Maybe? I can't bring myself to endorse many Spezza trades, or Heatley for that matter, but if someone comes to us with Weber or Phaneuf, I'm all ears.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum