GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pronger to Ott?

+11
SensGirl11
PKC
LeCaptain
Laker
beedub
wprager
PTFlea
dennycrane
SensFan71
davetherave
Jordo
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:00 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I can't figure out how to get rid of Kelly, I can't make myself believe that trading Vermette is smart though.

I think we might be okay - but I'd like to see Murray pull off a big trade for a real D-man - if only for next year, that's fine. I can't stand these 'tweeners' like Kuba - a guy who isn't good enough to be top pairing, but kicks arse as a number 3 or 4 guy. We have enough of those to sink a ship.

Look Heater, I've had enough of your bashing of Kelly. PM me and send me your digits. Or you can come meet me in my office.... :x :x :x :x

hahaha

Seriously though. Vermette has a higher value than Kelly on the market, and could therefore fetch more. Why not trade him? Getting rid of Kelly does nothing but make our PK worse and scrap a decent term and $ contract for one that's going to expire next year, in which he won't resign for a discount.

I think everyone knows I'm going to say this, but I'll say it anyways- Kelly is the better option for the big picture of this team.

Think of it this way. Would you rather have

Vermette and a 3rd round pick

OR

Kelly and Hamhuis

uh oh it sounds like it's on now lol, Jordo, are you a CEO? okay I am done before I get in trouble. Good game by Kelly last night, was proving his worth from the highlights I saw last night, missed the game as I was trying to fix the rescue vehicle for the fire department last night. I think I saw him curse when he hit the post/crossbar in the 3rd period lol.

47Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

What about jovonoski in Phoenix he is a former all star do u guys think he would be worth acquiring.He would probably be a little cheaper to get than most of the names mentioned here given the state of Phoenix,s finacial problems, could give us a good top 4 .Just a thought :D

48Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:18 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am not completely sold on Jovanoski either, but mind you, to improve the shoddy defense, Murray has to be open to anything decent.

49Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 am

Is this team making a push for the playoffs? or is it 2004?

No thanks on Jovo...

50Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

this team making a push for the playoffs would be foolish, we need prospects and picks, the playoffs are out of reach.

51Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Picks are only so good. Picks can turn out to be hits, but they can also bomb on you.

Please remember the Alexandre Daigle factor.

I would rather able NHL players. That's why I am such a fan of bringing in Campoli for the high 1st. That was a solid move.

I would rather use Ottawa's 1st rounder for a solid young defenceman in a mid to long term deal who has proven his worth as an NHL player

52Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SF71, bless you for posting a picture of Alyssa Milano. She has been a favourite hottie of mine for a very long time. Kudos to you sir

53Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:SF71, bless you for posting a picture of Alyssa Milano. She has been a favourite hottie of mine for a very long time. Kudos to you sir

you are very welcome sir, she is definitely a hottie. My wife loves the show charmed, so Alyssa is the only one that makes watching that show over and over somewhat pleasureable.

54Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:SF71, bless you for posting a picture of Alyssa Milano. She has been a favourite hottie of mine for a very long time. Kudos to you sir

Me too to be honest. A little dirty, but quite kinky apparently and very into hockey. Cute too.

55Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Me too to be honest. A little dirty, but quite kinky apparently and very into hockey. Cute too.

the kink and dirt factor combine quite nicely, her being a hockey fan just puts her over the top.

56Pronger to Ott? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pronger to Ott? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 am

SensFan71 wrote:this team making a push for the playoffs would be foolish, we need prospects and picks, the playoffs are out of reach.
My point was that we're not making the playoffs and Jovonovski isn't anywhere near the player he once was.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum