GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Release Camp Roster

+6
Milkman
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
asq2
jamvan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:57 pm

M_Christopher wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:So what is the chance that Cowan impresses enough at camp to stick around, or do you send him back to JR to win a mem cup and a gold medal at the WJHC.

PS...like my avatar...figured it was time to get one.

good ole brucey

It's supposed to be animated...

found a whole bunch of them that are hilarious.

Edit...there we go...

47Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:So what is the chance that Cowan impresses enough at camp to stick around, or do you send him back to JR to win a mem cup and a gold medal at the WJHC.

EDIT

Ah crap mine is an animated gif...it isn't working when uploaded...
Unless he is absolutely unbelievable in camp, and by unbelievable I mean the best DMan in camp, you send him back to spend the year winning and getting healthy.

48Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 pm

RobbyJ wrote:

EDIT

Ah crap mine is an animated gif...it isn't working when uploaded...
Unless he is absolutely unbelievable in camp, and by unbelievable I mean the best DMan in camp, you send him back to spend the year winning and getting healthy.

No kidding. I definitely don't want Cowen and Karlsson coming up for renewal at the same time. I'd have Chara/Redden nightmares. Granted they'd be RFA for the next contract but still...

49Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think Cowen should at least start the year in Junior, just to get phsyically back in the flow of things, and concentrate on offence. I think in a pinch he could play for the Sens this year, though.

50Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 pm

Ya, I dont think he gets pushed too hard during camp anyways, if he can't play in the exibition games then he clearly wont make the team.

Another year in jr wont hurt the kid, nor will the WJC.

51Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

A Phaneuf/WEber style should be ok. Direct from junior to NHL.

52Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If it weren't for his injury, he'd be a top-4 defenceman this season in the NHL (for the Phoenix Coyotes).

I think just because he's been out of it so long, it makes more sense for him to go to Junior, and focus on the offensive part of his game.

53Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Pretty much. Find his stride, get his game back on track and just dominate the WHL.

54Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 pm

asq2 wrote:If it weren't for his injury, he'd be a top-4 defenceman this season in the NHL (for the Phoenix Coyotes).

I think just because he's been out of it so long, it makes more sense for him to go to Junior, and focus on the offensive part of his game.

Thats the best thing for him. Bringing him in now would just pigeon-hole him into being purely a shutdown D-man. He has the offensive instincts to be a top flight all round D-man that can be trusted in the last minutes of a game and in all situations. If we don't give him proper time to develop that way, he will have a tougher time reaching his potential.

Stepping back into the CHL is not a step back for Cowen.

55Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

May be too soon to talk about this but Let's say Brian Lee has an awesome season, and Cowen is ready to come in. Who leaves at the end of the year? You choose:

- Kuba
- Volchenkov
- Campoli
- Picard

Obviously Philips and Karlsson stay.

56Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Probably Campoli because you might be able to get a decent forward prospect back. Best thing for Campoli this year is to absolutly tear up the league. I think his stay here will be fairly short.

57Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It`s a weird situation, if both PIcard and Campoli play great, who do you keep? The better player who will command a higher salary raise or the other one who performs less but also less salary Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 42360

58Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Picard is a lot bigger and The Sens have Karlsson back there to run the PP and a smaller D man. Dont have a whole lot of doubt Campoli is probably done after this season in Ottawa unless he has a bomb of a year and will be the number 6 guy on the 2nd PP unit.

59Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 pm

marakh wrote:It`s a weird situation, if both PIcard and Campoli play great, who do you keep? The better player who will command a higher salary raise or the other one who performs less but also less salary Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 42360

Campoli is Joe Corvo. Picard is Chris Phillips with a cannon and puck sense that hasn't eroded since his time in junior.

Assuming they both have good seasons and neither steps back and makes the decision for you - you take Picard every time.

60Sens Release Camp Roster - Page 4 Empty Re: Sens Release Camp Roster Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 am

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:May be too soon to talk about this but Let's say Brian Lee has an awesome season, and Cowen is ready to come in. Who leaves at the end of the year? You choose:

- Kuba
- Volchenkov
- Campoli
- Picard

Obviously Philips and Karlsson stay.

Picard in a heartbeat. He was terrible last year. Unless he drastically improves he is the obvious choice in my eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum