GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7

+9
caissie_1
TheAvatar
pgood
PTFlea
Riprock
LeCaptain
PKC
Tuk Tuk
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:is it my turn then? I'll take Bergie if it is.

Who is that scratch

32GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Where did I say I had a problem with it? I would love for you to find that in my post. I was simply stating it has happened before.

You guys really need to relax. A holier than thou attitude doesn't fly with me and even though it is my pick in 2 turns, I am taking another little break.

33GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:17 pm

FireOnIce wrote:Where did I say I had a problem with it? I would love for you to find that in my post. I was simply stating it has happened before.

You guys really need to relax. A holier than thou attitude doesn't fly with me and even though it is my pick in 2 turns, I am taking another little break.

Actually, this post was the reason I said "aimed in any relevant direction" after saying to chill out. My point was that if you (as in anyone, not you specifically) were upset with the preceedings, you should chill the Diddle out and take a broader view of things.

34GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 pm

But you quoted my post and not the guy who was actually complaining?

Nice back-tracking.

You don't like the new guy, I get it.

Goodbye.

35GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:30 pm

wow sensitive much? I quoted you because you indirectly referenced my pick-switch and because you were the most recent post on the subject...

I actually expected you to brush aside the comments, not write them in your diary in a pool of tears Crying

36GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:28 pm

cas wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:It has happened quite a bit.
2 people picked players, posted it and then deleted their post and changed their pick 20 seconds later. They thought nodbody caught it, but some did.

I was one of them........who gives a Dung. Its an online pool. If you've got a problem, chill the Diddle out (statement aimed in any relevant direction)

I don't have a spreadsheet; I haven't done any analysis; I'm just going on instinct and hope. If I make a pick and twenty seconds later decide I can do better, than: yeah, I'm gonna change my Diddle pick.

Have a little perspective here, people. Getting upset at any of this might be the most nonsensical thing I can imagine. There are people throughout the world that won't eat today and you're upset that someone changed their mind in an internet hockey pool.

Get a grip.

Sorry but you seem to be the Front Bum here. How about you think about who you pick before posting so next time you dont need to change your pick and risk screwing things up. Instead of changing your pick after 20 sec, wait an extra 20 secs before posting.

37GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Who cares... He changed his pick big deal... It's a fun pool with nothing to win... Let loose guy's!

38GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:35 pm

its the principle... btw i forgot to mention that I meant to pick XXX instead of XXX thus Diddle everything up. Is structure that burdensome to some people?

39GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Back to the selections please.

Who's turn is it?

40GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:37 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

It is when it's just a little league to have fun and people are taking it out with these arguments...

41GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Blazer wrote:
cas wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:It has happened quite a bit.
2 people picked players, posted it and then deleted their post and changed their pick 20 seconds later. They thought nodbody caught it, but some did.

I was one of them........who gives a Dung. Its an online pool. If you've got a problem, chill the Diddle out (statement aimed in any relevant direction)

I don't have a spreadsheet; I haven't done any analysis; I'm just going on instinct and hope. If I make a pick and twenty seconds later decide I can do better, than: yeah, I'm gonna change my Diddle pick.

Have a little perspective here, people. Getting upset at any of this might be the most nonsensical thing I can imagine. There are people throughout the world that won't eat today and you're upset that someone changed their mind in an internet hockey pool.

Get a grip.

Sorry but you seem to be the Front Bum here. How about you think about who you pick before posting so next time you dont need to change your pick and risk screwing things up. Instead of changing your pick after 20 sec, wait an extra 20 secs before posting.

"front bum"? :KJK: Listen, I pick 2nd to last. This means that I've got to make 4 selections that are suitable to me. In the interest of not holding things up any further (as I'd been working all day and had no access to the internet) I made a selection I was comfortable with. As I continued to look for my next pick, I realized I had 3 better options to go with. I then came back to thread, where cap hadn't made his selections, nor had anyone posted a comment. I then went to the master list to see if it had been updated - it hadn't - and subsequently changed my pick.

I have virtually no interest in this nonsense so I haven't paid close enough attention to what spurred your original comments, but I'm willing to bet it was a substantially different situation than mine.

You should probably get your facts straight before taking this ridiculous stance. If I want to change my pick and no one has made theirs yet, I'm going to change my Diddle pick. Its just that simple.

42GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We don't want this kind of in-fighting here. Everyone just drop it and we'll try not to let it happen again. That's more than enough.

43GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:is it my turn then? I'll take Bergie if it is.

Who is that scratch

Bergeron ... sorry

44GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blazer wrote:its the principle... btw i forgot to mention that I meant to pick XXX instead of XXX thus Diddle everything up. Is structure that burdensome to some people?

OK, I don't remember the *first* time this happened, but the latest occurrence was my fault, and I clearly stated so. Pgood (I think it was him) sent me a list, then realizing he probably needed more than just the two (?) he sent, he sent me an updated list. I transcribed the lists of several people into a table on paper, to make the picking easier. Unfortunately I copied pgood's pick from his first list.

It really was not such a big deal. If we were all sitting in a room picking together then this (sending in lists) wouldn't happen. And please don't tell me you've never been to a pool where someone doesn't change his mind 20 seconds later (before the next pick is made).

OK, back to business. Looks like we lost FireOnIce. Great. FOI, if you are lurking, please reconsider.

Oh, and it's my pick. I still don't know who "Bergie" is, though. I guess it must be Aki Berg, right?

Seriously, though, I will assume it's Bergeron unless you tell me differently.

I'll take Tanguay, since that's the top of the list I sent to SD.

And FireOnIce is next. Facepalm

P.S. Dash and SD both PMd me to say they were not interested in switching, so Bergeron was still available for TA.

45GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

If you guys want/allow i'll take over for FOI unless he comes back but i would need a little time and to see a list of whos been taken etc

i would rather FOI come back though

46GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd be OK with that, as long as "Guest" is sure he's not coming back.

FOI has picked two defensemen, two goalies and two forwards. He needs two more defensemen and then 7 forwards.

Here is the Master List of the draft to date.

Tuk Tuk has "collated"(?) that list into a list of GM Hockey Fantasy Teams.

That should be enough to go by.

47GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

If HH22 wants to, I have no problem with him taking over full time. HH22 has always been respectful and knowledgeable.

Last edited by Tuk Tuk on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

48GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 7 Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I have no problem with HH22 taking over!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum