GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: 'challenged' NHLPA boss Kelly fired, per TSN; the search for a successor continues

+8
PTFlea
TheAvatar
jawal
davetherave
Acrobat
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

From The Globe & Mail yesterday:

Donald Fehr, the executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, has agreed to advise the National Hockey League Players' Association on its search for a new boss to replace Paul Kelly and on its plans to rewrite its constitution.

---

Fehr headed up the MLB players' union through some very serious conflicts with the league:

In December 1985, Fehr was voted executive director of the MLBPA after having served as acting director since December 9, 1983. Fehr successfully challenged the owners' collusion, leading to the owners paying $280 million in damages to the players.

Fehr led the players union through the 1994 Major League Baseball strike and subsequent World Series cancellation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Fehr

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

What does the hiring of Fehr mean regarding the chances of a player strike? Stan Fischler, who's covered the NHL since the 50's, thinks it doesn't look good.

StanFischler

If Don Fehr is "advising" the NHL Players' Association, we all should prepare for another work stoppage after the CBA expires. He likes war.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I can't stand any of those guys. Union bosses don't sit well with me.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I can't stand any of those guys. Union bosses don't sit well with me.

But they're not a union Prages. They are an association. UPDATE: 'challenged' NHLPA boss Kelly fired, per TSN; the search for a successor continues - Page 7 159628

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I can't stand any of those guys. Union bosses don't sit well with me.

@Prags>Fehr is one of the most militant.

Expect the NHL to be discussing the real possibility of a player strike when the GMs meet this week.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

@Prags>Fehr is one of the most militant.

Expect the NHL to be discussing the real possibility of a player strike when the GMs meet this week.

So glad I'm not a baseball fan any more Facepalm Loved it back in the Expo days but most of the players now are worse than the NBA players. It's a shame but the more money players get the worse they become. Most golfers seem to be exceptions to this rule, but maybe it's because the ones that really make a lot of money, make most of it from sponsorships, not prize money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum