GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley's press conference

+29
Cap'n Clutch
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Vandelay
Hoags
dennycrane
Acrobat
beedub
jamvan
asq2
wprager
Hayden
Jordo
BigRig
Sens19
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
SensFan71
LethalLehner
TeamRenzo
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

16Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:24 am

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

You can also follow it with the Citizens blog...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/08/21/liveblog-heatley-speaks.aspx

17Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:25 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:This better be good. Ahhhhh!

I have a feeling there's a lot of disappointment headed your way.

Allow me to summarize it for you:

"I feel like I need a change of scenery...I'm ready to come back to the team should no trade be made available...there are differences in philosophy between me and the Senators organization...I'm focused on Team Canada's Olympic orientation camp for now, we'll see what happens with the NHL when the time gets closer..."

Correct. Maybe sprinkled in with:

I feel I can play more minutes and take over a bigger part of the on ice club, but me and Cory didn't see eye to eye. My main focus is to win a championship and be an effective leader both on and off the ice, and that includes PKing and manning the PP1 and line 1. If I can't have it here, I'm in a position where I'm young enough to try for it somewhere else. There's a lot of pride for me here, I want to be the go-to guy.

18Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:27 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

"I feel like I need a change of scenery...I'm ready to come back to the team should no trade be made available...there are differences in philosophy between me and the Senators organization...I'm focused on Team Canada's Olympic orientation camp for now, we'll see what happens with the NHL when the time gets closer..."

I feel I can play more minutes and take over a bigger part of the on ice club, but me and Cory didn't see eye to eye. My main focus is to win a championship and be an effective leader both on and off the ice, and that includes PKing and manning the PP1 and line 1. If I can't have it here, I'm in a position where I'm young enough to try for it somewhere else. There's a lot of pride for me here, I want to be the go-to guy.

sounds like a lot of pre-fabricated PR bulla$$, but that is exactly what his agents will want him to say.

19Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:29 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

LOL, I'm about 98% sure we're not going to see anything as specific and detailed as that. At any rate, I certainly don't want to hear him say anything like that. It makes him look arrogant and egotistical. It would only contribute to the slew of difficulties we already face trying to trade him.

20Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

I will be VERY surprised if he makes any references to Clouston, his reduced minutes, his PK role etc... there will be nothing specific with regards to him and the Sens.

This is going to be VERY bland.

21Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

I will be VERY surprised if he makes any references to Clouston, his reduced minutes, his PK role etc... there will be nothing specific with regards to him and the Sens.

This is going to be VERY bland.

However the media will gobble it all up just like Garrioch at the Sunday buffet. Ahhhhh!

22Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

He doesn't really need to say much. It's probably gonna be bland like y'all say. Whatever, he's a Sen - and a major piece of our offense. Say something, don't say something. Whatever.

As Murray said, he's a good player with a lot to prove, so he'll be good this year.

23Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

The Team 1200 reported that Dany has confirmed that if he has not been traded he will report to training camp.

24Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 am

I want to make it clear before I post my question that I AM NOT CALLING OUT Mark Christopher.

In his Hockeybuzz post last night he mentioned that Danny wasn't going to cover at all his reasons for not wanting to play for the sens. I'm only asking whether Mark knows something we don't or whether he's stating his opinion that the press conf will not answer anything because that's what Danny wants.

25Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dawg's Wife wrote:I want to make it clear before I post my question that I AM NOT CALLING OUT Mark Christopher.

In his Hockeybuzz post last night he mentioned that Danny wasn't going to cover at all his reasons for not wanting to play for the sens. I'm only asking whether Mark knows something we don't or whether he's stating his opinion that the press conf will not answer anything because that's what Danny wants.
That's what his agent said. He won't address any details for his reasons for requesting a trade out of respect for the Ottawa Senators club.

26Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:I want to make it clear before I post my question that I AM NOT CALLING OUT Mark Christopher.

That's what his agent said. He won't address any details for his reasons for requesting a trade out of respect for the Ottawa Senators club.

It's in the TSN story, too:

""Heatley will be accompanied in Kelowna by agent Stacey McAlpine who
says we shouldn't expect his client to shed much light on why the star
winger wants out of Ottawa. "There are several factors and a variety
of reasons," McAlpine told TSN. "However, out of respect to the Ottawa
Senators and all involved, Dany is not getting into specifics...that
will remain confidential
."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=288268

The only people expecting him to say anything of much substance with respect to his reasons for asking for a trade are the goofs over at the Sun and the Citizen -- and a handful of inveterate Heatley-haters on this site who would regret the actual consequences of their demand. Smile

27Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This Stacey Mcalpine is a TOOL.

28Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dr. Poo... nice use of inveterate.

Wink

29Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 pm

shabbs wrote:Dr. Poo... nice use of inveterate.

Wink

That is a spelling mistake. He meant to spell invaluable. 🇬🇬

30Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:26 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:This Stacey Mcalpine is a TOOL.

the other guy isn't too bright other, what's his name, JP Barry? I hope they don't use these tactics with all their clients.

31Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Maybe he'll make his statement from his dock then not wanting to answer any questions, jump into his boat and take off.

32Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is this on 1200?

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/tl/dany/player.html

It's here too if people have problems. Ahhhhh!

33Heatley's press conference - Page 2 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1200 is still on Fox Sports radio streaming... should switch over at 1pm.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum