GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worse Senator the team has had to deal with?

+6
Tuk Tuk
Sens19
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
shabbs
M_Christopher
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Worse Senator the team has had to deal with?

Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap235%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 35% [ 7 ]
Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap245%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 45% [ 9 ]
Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 3 ]
Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Worse Senator the team has had to deal with? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

I voted Yashin both here and the original poll. Heatley isn't worse than Yashin (yet). It might change soon if Heatley decides to not show to camp or refuse a second trade but at this point I have a little faith in the player I once admired soo much

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

I wouldnt vote for Daigle, he just wasnt a good player, its not like he was a terrible person.

After all Redden did the previous years, not waiving his NTC and sucking is about even.

I still have faith in Emery

Kagagagaga isn't the worst

So that leaves Heatley and Yashin. I blame Yashin's manager, while heatley's just a dick.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The worst player in that list would have to be Kaiforodov. All the others in the list have enjoyed at least some success at the NHL level. Kaigorodov, not so much.

If you menat the worst headache, then probably Yashin. Heatley is wearing the goat horns now, but Cashin did that on several occasions. Too bad Milbury is not playing GM any more. Imagine the picks we could get out of the Islanders.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:The worst player in that list would have to be Kaiforodov. All the others in the list have enjoyed at least some success at the NHL level. Kaigorodov, not so much.

If you menat the worst headache, then probably Yashin. Heatley is wearing the goat horns now, but Cashin did that on several occasions. Too bad Milbury is not playing GM any more. Imagine the picks we could get out of the Islanders.
I assumed Mark was looking for "the worst headache"... ignoring the "worse" reference.

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have to give it to Heatley. Yashin kind of went away pretty easily compared to this mess.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I have to give it to Heatley. Yashin kind of went away pretty easily compared to this mess.
We may have to re-visit this after the Heatley mess... settles... whenever that is...

30 days?

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I have to give it to Heatley. Yashin kind of went away pretty easily compared to this mess.
We may have to re-visit this after the Heatley mess... settles... whenever that is...

30 days?

Wink

I though it was 48 days? Or was it 30 hours? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

30 minutes and 48 seconds...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whaaat???! Yashin *sat out* the entire season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Whaaat???! Yashin *sat out* the entire season.
Yeah, the sitting out the season is what does it for me. Sure, the return we got in the end was great, but we lost a whole year with him sitting out. Unbelievable. And it wasn't the first time he held out right?

I just voted for Cashin. He was a pain in the butt for us on multiple occasions. Thumbs Down

Right up until we traded him for a King's ransom. :___:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

another vote for yashin, but thanks for getting us Spezza (wish I could have said Chara too, damn you Muckler for letting him go)

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I'm going to have to go with Heatley on this one -

Yashin was drafted to Ottawa; he signed the contract, but it wasn't until later that he felt he was underpaid. He tried to renegotiate properly, but in his case, it was simply poor advice that led to the hold-out. Many have said that he is otherwise a (relatively) reasonable person.

Heatley, on the other hand, has asked for a trade less than one year after signing back in Ottawa voluntarily. He signed a contract that gave him the most cash in the NHL for the last season he played, yet he wants out. This is after the team coddled him, rescuing him from his personal demons, and helping him get through his legal obligations in the least obtrusive way possible. And worse, in asking to leave, he has done so publicly, then has rejected everything that has been offered to him. And he has yet to answer the most simple of questions: Why?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:I'm going to have to go with Heatley on this one -

Yashin was drafted to Ottawa; he signed the contract, but it wasn't until later that he felt he was underpaid. He tried to renegotiate properly, but in his case, it was simply poor advice that led to the hold-out. Many have said that he is otherwise a (relatively) reasonable person.

Heatley, on the other hand, has asked for a trade less than one year after signing back in Ottawa voluntarily. He signed a contract that gave him the most cash in the NHL for the last season he played, yet he wants out. This is after the team coddled him, rescuing him from his personal demons, and helping him get through his legal obligations in the least obtrusive way possible. And worse, in asking to leave, he has done so publicly, then has rejected everything that has been offered to him. And he has yet to answer the most simple of questions: Why?

Yashin held out and demanded to renegotiate his contract 3 times in his 5 years with the club. You can blame it all on Gandler, but the same can be said of Heatley.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I would argue, though, that there's a difference between a superstar wanting to re-negotiate a contract that puts him in the top 75% vs. a contract that puts him at number one.

Don't get me wrong - a contract is a contract, and both should be honoured, but it's easier for me to see Yashin's point of view than it is to see Heatley's (it helps that Yashin was open and honest about his intentions; Heatley - not so much.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum