GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Dany Heatley hits

+38
beerandsens
M_Christopher
beedub
SensGirl11
shabbs
Anshu
jawal
thekeyholespy
Hoags
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Mojo
LeCaptain
pgood
Vandelay
Phoenix30
Sp00nz
Acrobat
TheAvatar
PKC
Tuk Tuk
Hobiesens
The Silfer Server
davetherave
Urkie
asq2
Snuh
wprager
strachattack
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 40 ... 54  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 54]

391Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I'm pretty sure we can stop talking about Edmonton as a deal lol... I do not see Heatley ever going there, unfortunately, since it leaves us with few options. I would like to think Columbus is a possibility, and if you are Heatley, why not? You clicked with Nash at the WC's, and he is now locked up for 8 more years. Would Heatley feel threatened playing with Nash? Would Wang and Heatley clash?

If Dallas is offering up that package, then that would also be a great deal - but same questions - does Dany want to go there?

Dallas is probably offering one or the other of Neal or Eriksson, not both. No one's that dumb. If that deal was on the table and Heatley was saying no, if I was Murray, I'd whip out a gun and tell him to sign the waiver paper before I did something illegal.

392Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm diggin' those names. With Chris Neil getting a new deal, it would be sweet to add his brother to our ranks.

The good news about his brother is that James can score as opposed to Chris, who can battle it out in the trenches. It's a match made in sibling heaven!

393Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:48 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:read this over on Sensay's blog, his prospective deal for Heatley if it involves Columbus.

Umberger (3.75M), Methot (RFA), Filatov (.875M - cap hit is 2.225, SSF corrected me on that one already, so in actuality it would be ), 2010 1st – Total Out 5.975M
Heatley (7.5M) – Total Out – 7.5MM

with that restructuring of what is being shipped out, it looks like we would have to ship another salary back to get under the cap still, or do a separate deal of auld/smith just for picks.

Deal. Crying Never happening, is it?

yeah probably not, all rumours at this point and an opinion nonetheless.

394Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm diggin' those names. With Chris Neil getting a new deal, it would be sweet to add his brother to our ranks.

The good news about his brother is that James can score as opposed to Chris, who can battle it out in the trenches. It's a match made in sibling heaven!

I know Heatley's a douchebag and all, but let's not underestimate what a rare commodity he is.

Neal and Eriksson are nothing more than 2nd liners, right now. Sure we can hope that Neal, in particular, will be more but he's not a "proven" player.

Let's hope Hully agrees.

395Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

LOL, in all seriousness his brother Michael is also a Dallas prospect.

396Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:LOL, in all seriousness his brother Michael is also a Dallas prospect.

Boss!

Maybe Chris, James and Michael can supplant the Staals as hockeys first-family!

397Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I know Heatley's a douchebag and all, but let's not underestimate what a rare commodity he is.

Neal and Eriksson are nothing more than 2nd liners, right now. Sure we can hope that Neal, in particular, will be more but he's not a "proven" player.

Let's hope Hully agrees.

doesn't matter if Hully agrees, the ball is in Nieuwendyk's court now, and yeah, Heatley is a huge douchebag, but he is a proven goal scorer, right up there with Kovalchuk and Ovie.

398Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:I'm pretty sure we can stop talking about Edmonton as a deal lol... I do not see Heatley ever going there, unfortunately, since it leaves us with few options. I would like to think Columbus is a possibility, and if you are Heatley, why not? You clicked with Nash at the WC's, and he is now locked up for 8 more years. Would Heatley feel threatened playing with Nash? Would Wang and Heatley clash?

If Dallas is offering up that package, then that would also be a great deal - but same questions - does Dany want to go there?
I think the Edmonton deal is simple- If Murray doesn't find a deal that works for him and for Heatley by the time training camp arrives, Heatley takes the Edmonton offer.  He clearly doesn't like the idea but we can bet he likes it better than having to face the music (or boos) if he shows up for camp in Ottawa. 

399Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or wait until we're damn good and ready to trade him. That's my personal favourite.

Dallas sucks offensively and they have no defense. I think they've got more problems that trying to acquire Heatley.

Now Columbus...they could use a PP QB and Heatley.

400Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/07/quick-monday-update.html

Nothing on Heatley, still only Edmonton is officially in

Heatley wants to go to California ....

Sens interested in .... PJ Axelsson ???

401Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:http://www.senschirp.ca/2009/07/quick-monday-update.html

Must mean Kelly is on the way out. Heatley can want in one hand and crap in the other and see what gets filled first.

402Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm

thekeyholespy

Prospect
Prospect

i would love that !! it's another alfredson ..but without the scoring touch Sarcasm

403Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

thekeyholespy wrote:

i would love that !! it's another alfredson ..but without the scoring touch Sarcasm

I'd still prefer Bertuzzi to be honest. They need a guy like him to play with Fisher because that's his style of game. People expect Fisher to be a skilled centreman like Spezza, when that's not his forte. He excels when he dumps and chases and bumps bodies down low and outworks guys and outmuscles defenders and he needs guys like that around him. That's why he and Foligno excelled towards the end of the season, because that's the type of player Foligno is shaping up to be.

You put those two with Bertuzzi, and you are looking at the most legitimate second/third line in this team's history.

404Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:29 pm

PKC wrote:
thekeyholespy wrote:

I'd still prefer Bertuzzi to be honest. They need a guy like him to play with Fisher because that's his style of game. People expect Fisher to be a skilled centreman like Spezza, when that's not his forte. He excels when he dumps and chases and bumps bodies down low and outworks guys and outmuscles defenders and he needs guys like that around him. That's why he and Foligno excelled towards the end of the season, because that's the type of player Foligno is shaping up to be.

You put those two with Bertuzzi, and you are looking at the most legitimate second/third line in this team's history.

Bertuzzi would come cheap too. I still would like to retain Comrie though. Let's find a way to keep him and sign Big Head Bertuzzi.

405Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Zoolander wrote:
PKC wrote:
thekeyholespy wrote:

Bertuzzi would come cheap too. I still would like to retain Comrie though. Let's find a way to keep him and sign Big Head Bertuzzi.

Believe me when I say this: Comrie is useless with the Sens. He isn't an above average scoring forward, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't grind or play the body, he's just a run of the mill, plug and play forward who's good for about 35-45 points a year. And that's it. You don't get anything else for your money.

At least Bertuzzi brings a dimension this team could use more of. Especially with six divisional games against the Leafs, Bruins and Sabres, we are going to need guys who can grind out 60 minutes and run around the ice taking and dishing out hits.

406Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Comrie was recovering from hip surgery last season. That made him lose a step, for sure. Question is, will he regain his former speed or is this it? If he can get back to the form he showed 2/3 years ago, he is much more than what you describe. He may be small but he does not shy away from contact and he certainly brings speed and skill. There is no way to compare him to Big Bert, but you cannot dismiss him out of hand either. Plus he brings "Duff Stuff", too.

That said, maybe his hip is as good as it gets, and if he wants more than $2M it is simply too much (and then I think of Neil's contract and I get all bitter again).

407Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:10 am

wprager wrote:Comrie was recovering from hip surgery last season. That made him lose a step, for sure. Question is, will he regain his former speed or is this it? If he can get back to the form he showed 2/3 years ago, he is much more than what you describe. He may be small but he does not shy away from contact and he certainly brings speed and skill. There is no way to compare him to Big Bert, but you cannot dismiss him out of hand either. Plus he brings "Duff Stuff", too.

That said, maybe his hip is as good as it gets, and if he wants more than $2M it is simply too much (and then I think of Neil's contract and I get all bitter again).

Totally agree, especially about the more than $2 million part.

408Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am totally okay with Big Bert joining the team at like Moen type numbers, maybe not the 3 year term though, we have a comrie type player already with Shannon, and he is younger/cheaper/more potential upside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 54]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 40 ... 54  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum