GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 38]

406Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:18 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Jokinen is another guy Ottawa should be looking at.

I've also heard the Ottawa-Chicago talks are centering around Ottawa taking Brian Campbell back.

I'd just like to say, of all the big money contracts out there, I'd probably be the most fine with his being the one to come back, if the rest of the return is good as well.

Something like Campbell, Versteeg, Skille and a 2010 first for Heatley and Kelly/Schubert.

407Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 am

I would be 100% be asking for Beech. No way Im dealing with Chicago and Beech isnt the prospect Im taking back. He might be a head case but he is an NHLer.

Campbell is probably the worst contract out of everyone to take back there... who knows though, Ottawa is going to have to make some concessions to say the least. The perfect deal is not possible.

408Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 am

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:

I've also heard the Ottawa-Chicago talks are centering around Ottawa taking Brian Campbell back.

I'd just like to say, of all the big money contracts out there, I'd probably be the most fine with his being the one to come back, if the rest of the return is good as well.

Something like Campbell, Versteeg, Skille and a 2010 first for Heatley and Kelly/Schubert.

Amen brother!

I would take Campbell and the Versteeg straight up for Heatley.

Are you getting equal value in return....no. Are you "spreading the wealth" definitely!

Campbell is a smooth one, albeit likely not worth 7 something per year. But now you have big money invested on the blue line, instead of just one gargantuan line up front.

I like Versteeg as well, although is is an RFA, so will be needing a raise this summer.

N4L is absolutely right. If Heatley is not moved, it really chokes the life out of this team, and NO ONE will want to sign here. Murray, time to check reality at the door and take the Chicago deal

409Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 am

I would take Beech over Versteeg for sure. Beech could very well be your 2nd line center for the next 10 years in Ottawa, fills a need that Ottawa has.

I wouldnt mind Campbell coming back to Ottawa, but man is that a big contract... If Campbell is coming back you gotta get Chicago's 1st next year, Beech, and Versteeg for Heatley and Kelly. I think that is pretty fair.

410Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:36 am

Especially wiht Lucic in Boston, Kassian now in Buffalo, any deal with Chicago you gotta get Beech other wise Ottawa is just asking to be run over.

411Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ollie Jokinen? The poison pill himself?

412Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Especially wiht Lucic in Boston, Kassian now in Buffalo, any deal with Chicago you gotta get Beech other wise Ottawa is just asking to be run over.

We've still got Zack Smiths, Cody Bass's and Jim O'Brien's coming up. Nothing in the mold of a Lucic or Kassian, but I don't think the Sens are going to get run over anymore, especially with Weircioch and Cowen in the fold now.

413Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:46 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
PKC wrote:

Amen brother!

I would take Campbell and the Versteeg straight up for Heatley.

Are you getting equal value in return....no. Are you "spreading the wealth" definitely!

Campbell is a smooth one, albeit likely not worth 7 something per year. But now you have big money invested on the blue line, instead of just one gargantuan line up front.

I like Versteeg as well, although is is an RFA, so will be needing a raise this summer.

N4L is absolutely right. If Heatley is not moved, it really chokes the life out of this team, and NO ONE will want to sign here. Murray, time to check reality at the door and take the Chicago deal

I don't think I go straight up Campbell + Versteeg for Heatley.

It has to be closer to Campbell + Versteeg + Beech/Skille/Aliu + 2010 first for Heatley + Kelly/Smith.

414Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:48 am

SpezDispenser wrote:

Ollie Jokinen? The poison pill himself?

Biggest poison in the NHL is in Ottawa right now, so I could care less with 1 year left on his deal.

415Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 am

PKC wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Especially wiht Lucic in Boston, Kassian now in Buffalo, any deal with Chicago you gotta get Beech other wise Ottawa is just asking to be run over.

We've still got Zack Smiths, Cody Bass's and Jim O'Brien's coming up. Nothing in the mold of a Lucic or Kassian, but I don't think the Sens are going to get run over anymore, especially with Weircioch and Cowen in the fold now.

Kassian and Lucic are/will be on the top two lines, Smith and Bass are not. You have to have push back on your top two lines other wise your 3rd and 4th line toughness is more like plugs then energy guys.

O'Brien and Wiercoich are not guys that are going to scare anyone, they might have size but I'm not even close to convinced that they can compete in the NHL like that any time soon. They will be run over at this point.

416Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Dumbest thing Chicago could do though is subtract from their core. Campbell is 100% the guy they want to get rid of and eventually will try to. Ottawa will have to take him to get the best package.

Beech isnt part of that core and can probably step into Ottawa next year. Def a player I would like here. 1st rounder probably would be on the way back considering that will be somewhere in the mid 20's in 2010. Maybe Skille comes back too because Chicago is pretty close to giving up on him, he shoud have been able to at least crack the lineup at this point.

Anyways, Versteeg is very much part of that core group of players and I dont think will be moving.

No shot Murray gets to deal Heatley without taking back equal salary or close to it.

417Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:Dumbest thing Chicago could do though is subtract from their core. Campbell is 100% the guy they want to get rid of and eventually will try to. Ottawa will have to take him to get the best package.

Beech isnt part of that core and can probably step into Ottawa next year. Def a player I would like here. 1st rounder probably would be on the way back considering that will be somewhere in the mid 20's in 2010. Maybe Skille comes back too because Chicago is pretty close to giving up on him, he shoud have been able to at least crack the lineup at this point.

Anyways, Versteeg is very much part of that core group of players and I dont think will be moving.

No shot Murray gets to deal Heatley without taking back equal salary or close to it.
Now that we're all on the same page, realizing that we're going to be taking back a big salary, who do you prefer, Marleau or Campbell?  We can assume something else would be thrown in from the otherside but let's assume those are the "meat" players involved.  I don't forsee any of the kids stepping into a top 6 forward role so I would prefer Marleua....our blue line is pretty deep (not this year but I'm assuming this coming season is a write-off anyway).

418Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Marleau, but if I would also take Drury over Marleau.

Yeah, this season is going to be a disaster for Ottawa I think. Leclaire and Elliott will keep us competitve but other than that, Alfi is another year older, our offense may be absolutly none exsistant next year, and Spezza still hasnt shown he can carry a team.

It's not looking good for Ottawa.

419Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you're renting Jokinen, who else comes from Calgary?

420Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

jokinen, backlund and 1st. Short of that f**k off.

421Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:31 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Marleau, but if I would also take Drury over Marleau.

Yeah, this season is going to be a disaster for Ottawa I think. Leclaire and Elliott will keep us competitve but other than that, Alfi is another year older, our offense may be absolutly none exsistant next year, and Spezza still hasnt shown he can carry a team.

It's not looking good for Ottawa.

I think a healthy Otawa is more competitive than anyone can imagine. I think the Sens only played something like 2 games last season with a full healthy roster.

Also, the Sens, despite the debacle that was the 2008-09 season finished a meager 10 points out of the playoffs with a solid amount of teams finishing ahead of us either having stayed the same or even in some cases regressed in terms of the team's quality.

I don't think it's a push to say with a healthy defense and healthy goaltending tandem that the Sens could shave off about 30-40 goals against next season which puts us in very exclusive defensive company in the league.

422Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

30-40 goals less insde our net
30-40 goals less inside the opponent's net,

Yeah... we haven't improved that much :KJK:

423Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 28 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:41 pm

This Campbell talk is ridiculous. That is one of the worst contracts in the NHL. It may not have made the top-10 list (?) but it is Diddle dreadful from a long-term perspective. No Diddle thank you. I'll take Drury, Jokinen, Marleau, etc. etc. long before I take Campbell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum