GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 38]

151Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:Well, you've just reiterated why these large contracts are so difficult to trade.

Or I demonstrated that Heatley's talent to cap/salary ratio is good value. Whichever you choose.

Well, it's not my choice... Wink

You or I, as fans, can make arguments for or against the value of a player's contract...but it is only the opinons of the GMs Bryan Murray is dealing with, that matter in this particular case.

I think as fans we can look at Heatley's peer group in terms of salary versus performance and make some pretty informed and astute observations. Including whether or not the GMs Bryan Murray is dealing with are on crack for expecting something for nothing and bargain-basement salaries for 50-goal scorers.

152Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I was reading somewhere that Murray is asking for Dustin Brown + the 5th overall pick from LA for Heatley.

HOLY Dung!

153Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:11 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I was reading somewhere that Murray is asking for Dustin Brown + the 5th overall pick from LA for Heatley.

HOLY Dung!

would love for him to get that, I know it won't happen, but it would be nice, he's better to back it down to Frolov, Teubert/Hickey and the 5th. Brown will never be traded unless LA was really desperate.

154Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:I was reading somewhere that Murray is asking for Dustin Brown + the 5th overall pick from LA for Heatley.

HOLY Dung!

Smart move. LA can make a counter offer of Kopitar.

155Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:Well, you've just reiterated why these large contracts are so difficult to trade.

Or I demonstrated that Heatley's talent to cap/salary ratio is good value. Whichever you choose.

Well, it's not my choice... Wink

You or I, as fans, can make arguments for or against the value of a player's contract...but it is only the opinons of the GMs Bryan Murray is dealing with, that matter in this particular case.

I think as fans we can look at Heatley's peer group in terms of salary versus performance and make some pretty informed and astute observations. Including whether or not the GMs Bryan Murray is dealing with are on crack for expecting something for nothing and bargain-basement salaries for 50-goal scorers.

Hey, if you say so... Wink can't speak to that one.

156Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:25 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

HOLY Dung!

Nick Kypreos was saying that Murray is looking for Dustin Brown + another player + the 5th overall pick...if he can pull this off, I demand and insist that every hockey fan in Ottawa take up a collection to build a Diddle gold monument for this man.

157Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:38 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

HOLY Dung!

Nick Kypreos was saying that Murray is looking for Dustin Brown + another player + the 5th overall pick...if he can pull this off, I demand and insist that every hockey fan in Ottawa take up a collection to build a Diddle gold monument for this man.

if Murray somehow pulled this off, he would have completely fleeced the Kings, for that reason, I don't see it happening, LA isn't that desperate.

158Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

HOLY Dung!

if Murray somehow pulled this off, he would have completely fleeced the Kings, for that reason, I don't see it happening, LA isn't that desperate.

Dustin Brown won't be going anywhere, but Murray is doing the right thing asking for the moon.

159Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can anyone comment on why his production dropped so much last year?

160Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Can anyone comment on why his production dropped so much last year?

Fartsburg.

161Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:51 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone comment on why his production dropped so much last year?

Fartsburg.

that says it all.

162Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:58 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I hear there is an offer coming in of Teubert, Moller, Frolov and the 5th for Heatley and Kelly

163Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Fartsburg.

that says it all.

I assume Fartsburg is Hartsburg. I was asking about Brown.

164Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:I hear there is an offer coming in of Teubert, Moller, Frolov and the 5th for Heatley and Kelly

now something substantial again, any sources that can confirm that? I am expecting the worse when it comes to this now and am very critical of anything right now.

165Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
jamvan wrote:I hear there is an offer coming in of Teubert, Moller, Frolov and the 5th for Heatley and Kelly

now something substantial again, any sources that can confirm that? I am expecting the worse when it comes to this now and am very critical of anything right now.
I too get the feeling he's not going to get moved whatsoever.

There are all kinds of rumours. I know that Murray asked for Brown, Williams and the 5th for Healtey. They are definitely talking.

166Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:04 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I too get the feeling he's not going to get moved whatsoever.

There are all kinds of rumours. I know that Murray asked for Brown, Williams and the 5th for Healtey. They are definitely talking.

if they are talking I am happy, that is more than what was expected, and its nice to know that Murray won't accept a bogus deal just for the sake of dealing.

167Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Fartsburg.

that says it all.

I assume Fartsburg is Hartsburg. I was asking about Brown.

Actually Fartsburg is Fil Kuba. Don't you see the similarity? One shouldn't assume.

Browns points only dropped by 7.

168Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 11 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It is truly unbelievable how much conflicting info is out there... first we hear GMs shunning him, then we hear there are some huge bids being lobbed at Murray and he's waiting for the others to up the ante, then we hear that the bids were all low-ballers and nothing big is really happening, and then we're back to huge bids... man... I can't wait for this to be over and done.

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum