GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First?

+46
ddt
jawal
spader
notch_4077
4077notch
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
Vandelay
COLLAR UP
pgood
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Havlat9
Sp00nz
Urkie
Sens4thecup
Snuh
beerandsens
SDH89
Cronie
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
TeamRenzo
The Silfer Server
shabbs
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
strachattack
beedub
asq2
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
PKC
rooneypoo
jamvan
Mojo
PTFlea
Acrobat
LeCaptain
dennycrane
wprager
davetherave
50 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

What Should Bryan Murray Do About Dany Heatley?

Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap211%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 7 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap253%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 33 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap28%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 5 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap23%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap210%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 6 ]
Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_lcap22%Bryan Murray Vs Dany Heatley: Who Blinks First? - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 62

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 68]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Dawg's Wife wrote:Oh and I'm not trying to keep him...I'd prefer to ship him out, but I'm not sending an asset away just because HE wants out. Screw him, if he wants out work your Donkey off and help us to get the best deal for us and we'll ship you out. Other wise don't show up and get suspended, give us the 4 million back and sit at home and enjoy watching the olympics.

I'd rather keep him and make a statement rather than ship him out for crap.

A - DIDDLE - MEN !!!

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Well, if they want a 50 goal scoring winger to make their team competitive against the other teams that just got better through free agency, they will. Especially Edmonton who seemingly cannot buy a player (except Khabi). Perhaps Heatley also wanted to see how their goalie situation panned out before making his mind up. Anyways, Dany said he was going to sleep on it" and unless that meant over a nap, then he won't make up his mind until tomorrow. Plus, if he is meeting with the team, likely in Edmonton?, than he'll probably spend some time with them, talking to management, coaching, teammates, etc.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:
marakh wrote:
So your solution would be to keep him then... Wake up, he is worth Dung because of his character and that 4Million bonus.

First it's not a bonus...it's salary.

second...that same character you say he has which makes him Dung...is that same character you're getting in Penner...

Why do you think no one in Edmonton is crying about losing him...they are pissed they are losing Cogliano...not Penner.

The reason is that he's exactly the same as Heatley. He'll whine about not getting top line minutes, but won't work to earn it. He'll show up out of shape, and he'll struggle defensively because he doesn't want, like or feel like he has to.

I'm curious what you see in Penner that makes him such a deal. How much have you watched him? How many people do you know that have scouted him? I can only tell you what Dawg and his peers have agreed on in Chicago, that he's worthless. Edmonton has shopped Penner around the western conf and no one would bite. In fact last offer Dawg heard was Edmonton wanted a 2nd round pick for him.

That's it...enjoy the great return..

What makes him a deal? $4.25M vs $7.5M to start.

What other deals are on the table? That "deal" with L.A. was a complete farce, if ever Frolov, 5th overall and a prospect were on teh table BM would have jumped on that sh|t!!!

Rangers picked Gaborik over Heatley...he is made of clay.

If there is a better deal out there BM will take it!

Look at the way Heatley is acting, the Oilers are practicly begging Heatley to play for them. The guy is a joke!

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:
marakh wrote:
So your solution would be to keep him then... Wake up, he is worth Dung because of his character and that 4Million bonus.

First it's not a bonus...it's salary.

second...that same character you say he has which makes him Dung...is that same character you're getting in Penner...

Why do you think no one in Edmonton is crying about losing him...they are pissed they are losing Cogliano...not Penner.

The reason is that he's exactly the same as Heatley. He'll whine about not getting top line minutes, but won't work to earn it. He'll show up out of shape, and he'll struggle defensively because he doesn't want, like or feel like he has to.

I'm curious what you see in Penner that makes him such a deal. How much have you watched him? How many people do you know that have scouted him? I can only tell you what Dawg and his peers have agreed on in Chicago, that he's worthless. Edmonton has shopped Penner around the western conf and no one would bite. In fact last offer Dawg heard was Edmonton wanted a 2nd round pick for him.

That's it...enjoy the great return..

What makes him a deal? $4.25M vs $7.5M to start.

What other deals are on the table? That "deal" with L.A. was a complete farce, if ever Frolov, 5th overall and a prospect were on teh table BM would have jumped on that sh|t!!!

Rangers picked Gaborik over Heatley...the guy is made of freaking clay!

If there is a better deal out there BM will take it!

Look at the way Heatley is acting, the Oilers are practicly begging Heatley to play for them. The guy is a joke!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From Pierre Lebrun on ESPN's live blog...

LeBrun (10 p.m. ET): The drama continues to intensify in the Dany Heatley trade saga.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Heatley is meeting as we type with Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz, team president Kevin Lowe and GM Steve Tambellini in Kelowna, British Columbia (where Heatley resides in the offseason).

The Oilers' brass is attempting to convince Heatley to join the Oilers. The team has had a trade in place with the Ottawa Senators since Tuesday night, but Heatley has yet to waive his no-movement clause.

In return, the Senators would get forwards Dustin Penner and Andrew Cogliano and defenseman Ladislav Smid.

Heatley, who asked for a trade out of Ottawa in early June, must decide by midnight ET when a $4 million bonus must be paid to him. The Senators don't want to pay the bonus and then trade him.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:From Pierre Lebrun on ESPN's live blog...

LeBrun (10 p.m. ET): The drama continues to intensify in the Dany Heatley trade saga.

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Heatley is meeting as we type with Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz, team president Kevin Lowe and GM Steve Tambellini in Kelowna, British Columbia (where Heatley resides in the offseason).

The Oilers' brass is attempting to convince Heatley to join the Oilers. The team has had a trade in place with the Ottawa Senators since Tuesday night, but Heatley has yet to waive his no-movement clause.

In return, the Senators would get forwards Dustin Penner and Andrew Cogliano and defenseman Ladislav Smid.

Heatley, who asked for a trade out of Ottawa in early June, must decide by midnight ET when a $4 million bonus must be paid to him. The Senators don't want to pay the bonus and then trade him.

Wow, that is an ego of epic proportions!!!

I'll say it slower this time because you obviously didn't read my prior posts.

A) Penner is a cheaper version of Heatley as far as attitude and work ethic. If the reason for moving heatley is because of attitude and work ethic then why take a guy back who is just as good.

Also what makes you think he's playing with Alfie and Spezza. More than likely he's a 2nd liner or 3rd liner.

B) Cogliano is good, but he's small and similar to a guy we already have in Shannon.

C) Smid is crap and for a defensive defenseman, how the hell can he be a brutal -13 on average for his team when he wasn't in the top pairing last year or the top 2 the prior two years.

Heatley will score 35-50, we basically are paying 3 guys to give us 30 goals at best.

Why send him away just to send him away. Everyone says keeping him around will make things worse....how? You think he isn't going to play? You think he'll make the room worse? Hardly. If he wants to go to the teams he has listed, then he'll play...and well. He knows that the better he plays, the better chance he has to go to the teams he wants.

What makes you think we're better after this deal, and if you really did watch 10 + games with Penner last year you'll know that he's brutal.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:I'll say it slower this time because you obviously didn't read my prior posts.

A) Penner is a cheaper version of Heatley as far as attitude and work ethic. If the reason for moving heatley is because of attitude and work ethic then why take a guy back who is just as good.

Also what makes you think he's playing with Alfie and Spezza. More than likely he's a 2nd liner or 3rd liner.

B) Cogliano is good, but he's small and similar to a guy we already have in Shannon.

C) Smid is crap and for a defensive defenseman, how the hell can he be a brutal -13 on average for his team when he wasn't in the top pairing last year or the top 2 the prior two years.

Heatley will score 35-50, we basically are paying 3 guys to give us 30 goals at best.

Why send him away just to send him away. Everyone says keeping him around will make things worse....how? You think he isn't going to play? You think he'll make the room worse? Hardly. If he wants to go to the teams he has listed, then he'll play...and well. He knows that the better he plays, the better chance he has to go to the teams he wants.

What makes you think we're better after this deal, and if you really did watch 10 + games with Penner last year you'll know that he's brutal.

I couldn't agree more with you. Why not wait to flip this guy at the trade deadline and grab a king's ransom for him?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think you are the one who doesn;t read me:

I NEVER SAID THIS DEAL MAKES US BETTER.

And if you think Bryan murray and Melnyk will pay 7.5 MIllion for a guy who doesn`t want to play here, you're clearly dreaming. That kind of Dung cannot happen in a dressing room. It`s more important than skill, especially on this team.

I`m still waiting for your explanation on why we didn`t get a better offer. I`ve listened to Bob Mackenzie, EJ Hradek, Dreger and Yvon Pednault on the readio in the last week, and they ALL said all the GM they talked to said they don`t want to pay that 4Million tomorrow morning. Like it or not, that`s a lot of cash to spend on one day, and this is facts.

I'll cough up an apology,

I see you're points now. The better offers weren't there because other teams have options in UFA's. now that they are gone, the teams that want players of his calibre just have nothing left.

Havlat has agreed in minnesota should be announced soon...as for LA..what does it say when they are considering throwing big money at Kovalev rather than take Heatley.

I guess I'm mad as hell and want to take it out on someone..I was not happy with the deal last night, but at least then Murray could throw money at Cammy (instead of MTL getting him) and he could play with Spezza and Alfie and Penner could be on the 2nd line with Fisher and Shannon or Foligno..

Now we have really no choices, and also to hear him say like he feels like he has a gun put to his head..

You put it there...please please...just pull the trigger so we can take the 7.5 off our cap for long term injury.

Havlat9

Havlat9
Prospect
Prospect

quick note, darren dreger is reporting that the oilers meeting with smokely is now in progress. Don't see him staying in Ottawa as it seem like oilers or bust right now and he doesn't want to come back and face the wrath of sens fans. :^:

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Dawg's Wife wrote:I'll say it slower this time because you obviously didn't read my prior posts.

You can say it as slowly as you like but my volume is turned down so I can't hear Dung!

Heatley wants out and has identified himself as the cancer on the team. Sadly I don't think we can wait until the trade deadline to sort out this mess.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:I'll cough up an apology,

I see you're points now. The better offers weren't there because other teams have options in UFA's. now that they are gone, the teams that want players of his calibre just have nothing left.

Havlat has agreed in minnesota should be announced soon...as for LA..what does it say when they are considering throwing big money at Kovalev rather than take Heatley.

I guess I'm mad as hell and want to take it out on someone..I was not happy with the deal last night, but at least then Murray could throw money at Cammy (instead of MTL getting him) and he could play with Spezza and Alfie and Penner could be on the 2nd line with Fisher and Shannon or Foligno..

Now we have really no choices, and also to hear him say like he feels like he has a gun put to his head..

You put it there...please please...just pull the trigger so we can take the 7.5 off our cap for long term injury.

No prob. Everybody here is pissed and frustrated at this muthafucker, and the only deal we had looks like Dung, and he still found a way to refuse it. I have never seen a more unresponsable player.
I have officially turned my interests in our prospects pool, and at least we have young guys like Shannon, Foligno and maybe Cogliano to play inspired hockey. Our D prospects look awesome too, and we can expect OBrien, Condra, Regin and Caporusso to challenge for a roster spot. DO it like TOronto, let the young hungry play, at least we will see efforts every night. It`s less frustrating than underachieving lazy primadonnas.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Did Camalleri sign with Mon today?

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

TeamRenzo wrote:

You can say it as slowly as you like but my volume is turned down so I can't hear Dung!

Heatley wants out and has identified himself as the cancer on the team. Sadly I don't think we can wait until the trade deadline to sort out this mess.

I dunno, I'd prefer another top 10 pick to a 15-20ish pick and a first round playoff exit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yes, 6 Million 5 years, GIonta 5 x 5. GAIney is slowly but surely learning from Sather.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

By MARK SPECTOR
Sportsnet.ca

Wednesday, 9:50 p.m., ET

Just got off the phone with Heatley's agent, J.P. Barry Here's the deal:

Oilers GM Steve Tambellini and President of Hockey Operations Kevin Lowe are in Kelowna now, meeting with Heatley. Turns out owner Daryl Katz did not make the trip, but both Tambellini and Lowe have ties with Heatley through Hockey Canada.

Barry is upset because, in demanding a trade from the Senators, he feels Sens GM Bryan Murray has not worked hard enough to present his client with trade options. The Oilers deal is the only real trade that Murray has cobbled together, and that was foisted upon Heatley on Tuesday night, with a perceived deadline of midnight last night for the $4 million bonus due Heatley.

"Now, he's back in that same pressure situation," Barry said of his client. "Edmonton is the only option that has been presented to us, and you can't tell that there aren't more.

"Dany is going to sit down with Steve and Kevin. He has an open mind. They're both great people. And then he'll have to decide."

Decide one of three things: Waive his no-trade, and go to Edmonton; refuse to waive, and remain Ottawa property, or ask for more time. Stay tuned.

Murray didn't try hard enough? Haha... My best guess at this point is that he turns down the trade and requests more time.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone answer this....if Heatley decides to remain a Sen until his bonus kicks in and then accepts a deal to Edmo, does the asking price go up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum