GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread

+27
Hoags
SensHulk
cain69
Jordo
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
beedub
Hayden
Sens4thecup
SensGirl11
shabbs
caissie_1
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
Sp00nz
ddt
PTFlea
mickbud
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
wprager
PKC
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

556Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Alfie knew that hitting 1000 points within 1000 games would have resulted in too much greatness intersecting at once causing a massive quantum singularity that would have swallowed up the entire solar system.
Unless he knew he'd need 11 points in the last game... since he wears #11... it will all come together tonight... he's that good.

Some dude in net for Florida with the league's top save % might have something to say about that though. Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 159628

557Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a very, very special day in Ottawa. This is the quintessential Ottawa Senator player playing in his 1000th game - and not 1000 games of defensive hockey or tough, grinding hockey, a near PPG over 1000 games.

Cheers Alfie and congrats! Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 574714

I know he won't be happy until he lifts Lord Stanley's Cup, but that might be a couple of years. But with a captain like this, perhaps not even that long.

558Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Alfie knew that hitting 1000 points within 1000 games would have resulted in too much greatness intersecting at once causing a massive quantum singularity that would have swallowed up the entire solar system.
Unless he knew he'd need 11 points in the last game... since he wears #11... it will all come together tonight... he's that good.

Some dude in net for Florida with the league's top save % might have something to say about that though. Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 159628
That does not sound like an Alfie Appreciation type post... maybe you should start up a Vokoun Appreciation Thread?

Wink

Hehehheheheheheheheh.

559Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:That does not sound like an Alfie Appreciation type post... maybe you should start up a Vokoun Appreciation Thread?

Wink

Hehehheheheheheheheh.

It's also a confused post because I already said that the Sens would win 7-2, so I'm definitely out to lunch on that one.

560Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, open practice on the 10th. Gate #1 doors open 9:30. Get first look and a chance to pre-order Alfie 1,000 merchandise; get 30% off at Sensations (excluding Alfie 1,000 stuff). Meet Sens alumin and Spartacat. Practice goes at 10:30. Event is over at noon.

561Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
sens4win wrote:
Hoags wrote:We're so lucky to have a captain like Daniel Alfredsson.

The Sens are SOL when he retires Ohnoes!

You just don't replace players like that.

Here's hoping we can win the Cup before #11 skates off for the last time ....
That moment when alfie skates off the ice for the last time will be as big as Gretzky skating off but for a sens fan. Going to suck when he leaves not just the points but alfie in general and everything he brings, any one have a clue who becomes the next captain of the sens.

Let's not eulogize the guy yet Smile He's got another couple of years, at least.
i have to prepare myself for that moment WinkandGrin

562Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

We are lucky to have him.

www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

563Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:18 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:We are lucky to have him.

thatsa great article never knew you had a blog site ? Ahhhhh!

564Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:21 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Anyone going to the game Saturday?

Nope. But I got 2 tickets for Round 1, Game 6 (or Home Game #3, as the Sens call it) for the Stanley Cup Playoffs against either NJD or PIT. Date and team to be determined later obviously.

Anyone else going? My tickets are Row E, Section 116. I may have to try and get that much closer come gametime though. Thanks scalpers.

Last edited by CockRoche on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

565Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Rookie
Rookie

sens4win wrote:

i've been very neglectful this season, but i hope to get it firing on all cylinders during the playoffs, and beyond.

Ask Clutchy about the article about HIM.... lol

566Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Rookie
Rookie

[quote="CockRoche"]
SensGirl11 wrote:Anyone going to the game Saturday?

i'm there - got my passes to the Senate Club before the game too... mmm mmm prime rib....

567Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:25 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:
sens4win wrote:

i've been very neglectful this season, but i hope to get it firing on all cylinders during the playoffs, and beyond.

Ask Clutchy about the article about HIM.... lol
i just looked for it and couldnt find it, Douch-Tastic ! favorite article so far.

568Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sens4win wrote:

I believe it was this entry that brought him to GMHockey...

http://theempirescoresback.blogspot.com/2009/11/rules.html

As the person wearing the "Apollo 69" jersey was none other than our very own Cap'n Clutch.

Good times...

569Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Rookie
Rookie

Ask Clutchy about the article about HIM.... lol[/quote]i just looked for it and couldnt find it, Douch-Tastic ! favorite article so far.[/quote]

The RULES.... (it's Clutchy's Apollo69 jersey)

570Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
sens4win wrote:

I believe it was this entry that brought him to GMHockey...

http://theempirescoresback.blogspot.com/2009/11/rules.html

As the person wearing the "Apollo 69" jersey was none other than our very own Cap'n Clutch.

Good times...

yeah - we've hugged and made up since then, although I still hold to those rules.

571Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Michael Fisher Portnoy II wrote:Ask Clutchy about the article about HIM.... lol
i just looked for it and couldnt find it, Douch-Tastic ! favorite article so far.[/quote]

The RULES.... (it's Clutchy's Apollo69 jersey)[/quote]haha thats great, i missed the whole Apollo69 jersey thing, i dont really know any of the members backrounds Crying but from what i gather

spezD - 32 posts a day pretty much says it all

Capn'Clutch - famous for the Apollo69 jersey

N4L - the dark horse, herd that he has something to do with the NHL or did but i could be making that up.

572Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Here's the article some had requested:

Alfie classy team leader: Senators name Alfredsson captain

The Ottawa Citizen

Sat Oct 2 1999

Page: F1 / FRONT

Section: Sports

Byline: Wayne Scanlan

Column: Wayne Scanlan

Dateline: PHILADELPHIA

Source: The Ottawa Citizen

PHILADELPHIA - Daniel Alfredsson has always been a player whose class is best expressed with a capital "C."
Today, that "C'' also stands for captain of the Ottawa Senators.
From the first day of training camp, Alfredsson has had the look, the feel, the air of a team captain.
Yesterday, his Senators team made it official. Alfredsson was named the seventh captain in club history, joining the link to Laurie Boschman, Mark Lamb, Brad Shaw, Gord Dineen, Randy Cunneyworth and Alexei Yashin.
This latest transaction and transition signal another page turned in the Yashin saga. All the world knows the big Russian is in Zurich, Switzerland, practising with a European club team. His unpopular holdout position is a protest over the indignity of playing for a mere $3.6 million U.S. in the final year of his Senators contract, richest of any Ottawa player past or present.
Yashin has long since lost his fans in Ottawa.
Now, he's officially lost the "C'' he once coveted so desperately.
In place of the enigmatic Yashin comes the regal Swede, Alfredsson.
From a pure leadership point of view, setting aside Yashin's supreme offensive production, it's probably a unanimous sentiment in the Senators' room that the team just took a step forward.
What Yashin did for the Senators he did on the ice. And only on the ice. The rest of the time the self-absorbed Yashin seemed to be lost in the comfort and security of the stick room.
Alfredsson, a fifth-year Senators player and a sixth-round steal from the 1994 draft, offers a more complete package. He's a fine player (with something to prove after last year's disappointing season), sound of character, a gifted diplomat.
With assistant captains Shawn McEachern and Wade Redden, Alfredsson's will be a more inclusive leadership. Appropriately, it was Alfredsson, McEachern and Redden who always seemed to speak for the team during that shocking playoff sweep to the Buffalo Sabres.
Not that words were much comfort, but there was no denying the accountability of Nos. 11, 15 and 6.
With Yashin, the frustration he was realizing on the ice met with a second frustration among media and fans over his inability -- or unwillingness -- to express the state of the team's plight or his personal drought.
This fall, it was Alfredsson who took a stand against Yashin's holdout, stating his belief that a contract should be honoured. It has been Alfredsson who, long before the announcement was made, seemed to skate into his new role as easily as he might slip into an open area inside the opposition blueline.
"I'm pretty young,'' says Alfredsson, who turns 27 in December. "But I'll lead by example, hopefully.
"We have a lot of young guys and whether it means extra time in the weight room or whatever, I will try to be a role model.''
Veteran additions Kevin Dineen and Rob Zamuner, new to Ottawa but hardly new to leadership roles, should ease King Alfie's reign.
"These players have been around and they want to win,'' says the new monarch. "That's why Dineen came here. At this point in his career he wants to be on one of the top teams.''
First on the captain's to-do list is to pick up his own game.
What better way to lead by example than with a return to the style of play for which Alfredsson was known in late 1997-98. The NHL's rookie of the year in 1995-96, Alfredsson missed long stretches the next season because of contract negotiations and injuries, including a broken fibula, but he rebounded to lead the Senators in playoff scoring.
Last fall, he was easily the most impressive Senators player in the opening days of camp. Alfie delivered an eye-popping squat of 442 pounds and had a midseason stride to his September skating.
Then, to the team's horror, he caught a skate edge in a Corel Centre ice rut during a Sept. 16 practice and tore the medial collateral ligament in his left knee. Although he returned after missing the first nine games of the regular season, the campaign never seemed long enough for Alfredsson to regain his stride.
Another playoff round might have been just the ticket.
"It was frustrating because we knew we had such a good team, and we didn't really get the best out of us,'' says Alfredsson. "I want to step up my play from last year,'' he says. There's that accountability again. "I need to just go out and have fun. Before you go to sleep every night, you can't be saying to yourself, 'I've got to get two goals tomorrow.' Go out and have fun, do the best you can and the points will come. The victories will come with them.''
This is music to the ears of fans worried, whether they'll admit it, about the losses of Yashin and goaltender Damian Rhodes.
Alfredsson isn't much of a baseball fan. But he can relate to the story of the Boston Red Sox, who lost marquee slugger Mo Vaughn this summer, yet still won the American League wild-card berth over allegedly more talented teams like the Toronto Blue Jays.
Yashin is the Senators' Big Mo, minus the clubhouse leadership.
"Of course, we'd love to have Alexei here, but he isn't,'' says Alfredsson. "I think everybody is going to band together and do a little extra.''
Alfredsson insists the dressing room was a democracy under Yashin and will remain so. He'll speak when he must and probably never holler.
"I'm not going to be doing all the talking,'' he says. "If somebody has something to say, they're going to step up. I'm just
part of the puzzle.''
Part of the puzzle, but one of the biggest, classiest pieces.

Last edited by PKC on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

573Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 38 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Incredible story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum