GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread

+11
spader
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
Flo The Action
SDH89
Ev
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
SensHulk
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

so after all the good things happening around our organization, the senators management pull a very un-classy move by firing clouston mere hours after his last game as our coach ended. I don't like Don Cherry, but he was bang on with his assessment: it was mean.

That said, Clouston came in after Hartsburg and immediately let the media know about himself, saying he's not a player's coach. Immediately we see results on the ice as he helps the senators to get over a .500 record and brings hope to the next season, where yet again he delivered and the team returned to the playoffs losing a hard fought series in 6 against the penguins.

A 95-83-20 record, considering the pieces given to him in Ottawa (leclaire, elliott, kovalev, cheechoo, injuries), is a remarkable record actually TipHat

I'll let others speak of his accomplishments here in Ottawa. Good luck to Cory Clouston! Thanks for giving it your all.

Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Cory-Clouston-a1
Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Clouston-584
Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread 4451222
Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Ottawa+Senators+v+Pittsburgh+Penguins+Game+3L1_23EkKMel
Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread CoryCloustonSmilesOttawaSenatorsSensTownBlog

2Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Amen.

Although in Murray's defense, when Clouston was asked he mentioned that he'd like to know sooner rather than later. By firing him now it's pretty clear he won't be doing the exit interviews.

I think after all of this dies down a bit, he might be able to find another position in the NHL, but not right away.

3Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I guess, but clouston could have just been informed privately and the public announcement could have come on tuesday or something. This move just wreaks of unprofessionalism IMO.

anyways, back to appreciating Clouston Smile

I wonder if he takes a job as an assistant...especially in western canada?

4Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What you see is what you get...

5Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:50 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If only you weren't such a stubborn bunghole Cory, you could've stuck around.

6Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I appreciate that he looks like Zack Smith's father

7Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:35 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:I appreciate that he looks like Zack Smith's father

Laugh1, one of Cory's finer accomplishments.

8Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:12 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he did have a good go at it. his record isn't terrible especially when you look at the list of things that could and did go wrong.
i've worried this year that he'd made too many enemies in the locker room. maybe some of them should of been or have been canned. hard to tell.
i can't say i'm happy about it now since i'm not sure who's replacing him but i can understand not keeping him around.

best of luck and hope to see you land in the NHL again sooner rather then later.

9Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I appreciated the way he handled the media. He always threw it back at them.

10Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I appreciated the way he handled the media. He always threw it back at them.

2:10 mark (Brennan gets owned) Laugh1

4:15 mark

Last edited by Michallica on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Clouston was the fall guy in all of this. You can't win in this league with bad goaltending... which was what he had his whole tenure as coach.. until Anderson came.
Once the sell-off finished and the young guys brought in, along with Anderson, this team was good. They played for Clouston. Maybe the trouble makers were out the door.
As for players not getting along with coaches.. Dung. How about Scotty Bowman, he was the most hated coach by his players. But those players showed maturity and played for him to succeed.. and Bowman did succeed. I don't buy this thing.. can't get along with the veterans. The veterans on this team were too comfortable and it appears thumbed their noses at Clouston, et al.
Maybe they should take a page from Spezza's book and go out and play. Do everything to better yourself and you will succeed. Spezza thrived under Clouston as did these young rookies.
Shame on the veterans...

12Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:50 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They didn't play for Clouston, they played for a job next year.
Those players barely know CLouston. This has nothing to do with trouble makers. WHen the team won 11 in a row last year, Campoli, Fisher, Kelly, Kovalev and Elliott were all here.

13Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:They didn't play for Clouston, they played for a job next year.
Those players barely know CLouston. This has nothing to do with trouble makers. WHen the team won 11 in a row last year, Campoli, Fisher, Kelly, Kovalev and Elliott were all here.

ThumbsUp Exactly. All these young guys had to play well or they were not going to be looked well upon by management.

14Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:They didn't play for Clouston, they played for a job next year.

The new guys likely would have listened intently to whoever was coaching since they were rookies and want to stay with the big club.

15Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Cory Clouston Appreciation Thread Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:Clouston was the fall guy in all of this. You can't win in this league with bad goaltending... which was what he had his whole tenure as coach.. until Anderson came.
Once the sell-off finished and the young guys brought in, along with Anderson, this team was good. They played for Clouston. Maybe the trouble makers were out the door.
As for players not getting along with coaches.. Dung. How about Scotty Bowman, he was the most hated coach by his players. But those players showed maturity and played for him to succeed.. and Bowman did succeed. I don't buy this thing.. can't get along with the veterans. The veterans on this team were too comfortable and it appears thumbed their noses at Clouston, et al.
Maybe they should take a page from Spezza's book and go out and play. Do everything to better yourself and you will succeed. Spezza thrived under Clouston as did these young rookies.
Shame on the veterans...

That first part isn't true at all. I'm no Elliott fan but he played great last year and was named the first star of the week on a few occasions by the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum