GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread

+27
Hoags
SensHulk
cain69
Jordo
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
beedub
Hayden
Sens4thecup
SensGirl11
shabbs
caissie_1
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
Sp00nz
ddt
PTFlea
mickbud
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
wprager
PKC
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 40]

541Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 am

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:We're so lucky to have a captain like Daniel Alfredsson.

The Sens are SOL when he retires Ohnoes!

You just don't replace players like that.

Here's hoping we can win the Cup before #11 skates off for the last time ....
That moment when alfie skates off the ice for the last time will be as big as Gretzky skating off but for a sens fan. Going to suck when he leaves not just the points but alfie in general and everything he brings, any one have a clue who becomes the next captain of the sens.

542Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It's all about how you do against the (Doug) Gilmours, (Mats) Sundins and (Andrew) Cassels.''

Thanks for the laugh,Randy.

543Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:30 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I posted this one over in the GDT, but maybe it should be here instead. A nice contrast, of sorts, to the older articles.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/32665-Daniel-Alfredsson-to-hit-1000game-mark-Tuesday-against-Panthers.html

544Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sens4win wrote:
Hoags wrote:We're so lucky to have a captain like Daniel Alfredsson.

The Sens are SOL when he retires Ohnoes!

You just don't replace players like that.

Here's hoping we can win the Cup before #11 skates off for the last time ....
That moment when alfie skates off the ice for the last time will be as big as Gretzky skating off but for a sens fan. Going to suck when he leaves not just the points but alfie in general and everything he brings, any one have a clue who becomes the next captain of the sens.

Let's not eulogize the guy yet Smile He's got another couple of years, at least.

545Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Then there was the 2007 playoffs. The year we went to the final. That whole season, from the ups and downs I went through personally and the team. Then at Christmas not even looking like we were going to be a playoff team at all ... to changing everything around, then going all the way to the final.

It was unbelievable how we just united. How we took off and gained confidence. We felt that we definitely should beat any team that we played. Obviously, we didn’t go all the way, but we had that feeling. We earned that feeling by the way we played. That season is definitely going to stand out.

The biggest thing from it was coming back to the airport, from Buffalo, after we won the conference championship. It was an afternoon game. It was still light when we got back and thousands of people were waiting for us. That’s when it really hit, that’s when it really sunk in.

That’s when I realized how much emotion there was, how much people cared about us.

We know there’s always 20,000 people at the rink watching the games, but everywhere you went in the whole city during that playoff run was just electrifying. It was kind of touching.

Man, those were the days!! Let's get back there!

546Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Citizen has an oline Alfie section. Just click on the Alfie 1,000 tab:

http://www.ottawasun.com/

547Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alfie is GOD.

All praise Alfie.

548Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I wonder if he'll run for Mayor when he retires. Sarcasm

549Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfie is so good he can play 1000 games all for one team.

- Unknown Author

550Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfie knew that hitting 1000 points within 1000 games would have resulted in too much greatness intersecting at once causing a massive quantum singularity that would have swallowed up the entire solar system.

- Unknown Author

551Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Alfie knew that hitting 1000 points within 1000 games would have resulted in too much greatness intersecting at once causing a massive quantum singularity that would have swallowed up the entire solar system.
Unless he knew he'd need 11 points in the last game... since he wears #11... it will all come together tonight... he's that good.

552Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Anyone going to the game Saturday?

553Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:07 am

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Alfie knew that hitting 1000 points within 1000 games would have resulted in too much greatness intersecting at once causing a massive quantum singularity that would have swallowed up the entire solar system.
Unless he knew he'd need 11 points in the last game... since he wears #11... it will all come together tonight... he's that good.

what's the most he ever got? I think it was 8.. watched that game.. he was ridciulous.

554Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

7 points was the most he got. 4 goals 3 assists if I'm not mistaken.

555Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:7 points was the most he got. 4 goals 3 assists if I'm not mistaken.

Other way around, 3 goals, 4 assists, but yeah, that was awesome. Not his best game either IIRC.

556Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Some dude in net for Florida with the league's top save % might have something to say about that though. Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 159628

557Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is a very, very special day in Ottawa. This is the quintessential Ottawa Senator player playing in his 1000th game - and not 1000 games of defensive hockey or tough, grinding hockey, a near PPG over 1000 games.

Cheers Alfie and congrats! Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 574714

I know he won't be happy until he lifts Lord Stanley's Cup, but that might be a couple of years. But with a captain like this, perhaps not even that long.

558Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Some dude in net for Florida with the league's top save % might have something to say about that though. Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 37 159628
That does not sound like an Alfie Appreciation type post... maybe you should start up a Vokoun Appreciation Thread?

Wink

Hehehheheheheheheheh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum