GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread

+27
Hoags
SensHulk
cain69
Jordo
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
beedub
Hayden
Sens4thecup
SensGirl11
shabbs
caissie_1
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
Sp00nz
ddt
PTFlea
mickbud
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
wprager
PKC
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know this goes without saying but it's time we had this long overdue thread to write our thoughts.

There are so many instances I could bring up and I'll let the membership fill this thread up with them.

My favourite moment was game 1 of the 2007 Cup Finals vs. the Penguins. A big scrum developed early in the game and when the players cleared and the dust settled there was Alfie standing there with his Jersey off. The crowd erupted in a spontanious chant of Alfie Alfie Alfie - I was there for that and to my knowledge that was the first ever Alfie chant.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread 090330_alfredsson

A picture's worth a thousand words. cool)

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

This thread existing alone is enough, Alfie's contribution to the team speaks for itself, heart and soul player through and through, plus likes to show up people from time to time, my favourite moment was the Sens vs Leafs, it was a few games after Sundin got frustrated when his stick broke and threw it in the stands I believe or towards the bench, so it was the next game they played, in the ACC as well I believe, Ottawa was winning, not sure comfortably or not, but they were winning I am sure of it, Alfie breaks his stick, then feints to throw it in the stands a la the inferior Swedish captain on the ice that night, never heard so many boos in my life Laughing3 Thanks for the laughs at the expense of the Laughs Alfie.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a great one asq2. There are many of course. How about when he got nailed with a Chara slapshot, cracked his rib(s?) and was back in a matter of days if I remember correctly.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another favourite moment of mine is a personal one.

For the last 4 seasons My Wife and I have drawn a logo on the hood of our car and had players autograph around it. It's all done in Oil pastels so it washes off and we have pictures we keep for the memories.

Well one day after practice at ScotiaBank place we parked our car right near the exit gate and waited. Some players just whizzed by ourselves and the 10 or 15 other fans and some stopped and signed autographs out their windows. Along came Alfie who stopped and signed autographs of course but, we asked if he'd come over to our car and sign the hood. He looked around at the crowd and then smiled and said sure - knowing full well he'd be mobbed for pictures afterward. He even posed with the car as he was about to sign.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

My favorite Alfredsson moment:

Game 5, 2007 Eastern Conference Finals, vs. the Buffalo Sabres

Alfredsson skates in to the offensive zone by himself against three Buffalo players, moves into a spot between all three of them, and rips a wrist shot that hovers just high enough to clear Miller's pad and find the back of the net, sending the Ottawa Senators to their first Stanley Cup Finals in modern history.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another moment I liked was Game 5 of the Cup Finals and Phillips had just scored on his own net. Alfie goes into the Ducks zone and practically "Wills" the puck into the net as he made his way through the Ducks players to get the shot past Giggy.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another moment I liked was Game 5 of the Cup Finals and Phillips had just scored on his own net. Alfie goes into the Ducks zone and practically "Wills" the puck into the net as he made his way through the Ducks players to get the shot past Giggy.

you can't buy that kind of leadership, not bad for a late round pick eh, what was it, like in the late one hundreds or early two hundreds overall?

9Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:11 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another moment:

Alfie plays in the first round of the playoffs in 08 with a major leg injury. How does the team not feed off of that? I'm starting to really hate the players on the team not named Alfie after all the things he's done for that team.

- Unknown Author

10Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread 090330_alfredsson

We need that picture with the "Talk is cheap" caption under it.

11Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:27 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another favourite moment of mine is a personal one.

For the last 4 seasons My Wife and I have drawn a logo on the hood of our car and had players autograph around it. It's all done in Oil pastels so it washes off and we have pictures we keep for the memories.

Well one day after practice at ScotiaBank place we parked our car right near the exit gate and waited. Some players just whizzed by ourselves and the 10 or 15 other fans and some stopped and signed autographs out their windows. Along came Alfie who stopped and signed autographs of course but, we asked if he'd come over to our car and sign the hood. He looked around at the crowd and then smiled and said sure - knowing full well he'd be mobbed for pictures afterward. He even posed with the car as he was about to sign.

Love that story, that pic along with "Talk is Cheap" would make for a great cover pic.

12Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:43 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread 090330_alfredsson

We need that picture with the "Talk is cheap" caption under it.

good thinking, you should be head of the Senators PR department.

13Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:03 pm

PKC wrote:My favorite Alfredsson moment:

Alfredsson skates in to the offensive zone by himself against three Buffalo players, moves into a spot between all three of them, and rips a wrist shot that hovers just high enough to clear Miller's pad and find the back of the net, sending the Ottawa Senators to their first Stanley Cup Finals in modern history.

You know, even though we lost the series and the cup, the best Alfi moment for me was when he tried to take that entire Sens team in game 5 vs the ducks on his back. I think that was when I truly believed he was our leader because he was the only guy that could get it done and the only guy doing everything in his power to get it done.

Not the best result but I think that is the game that defines Alfi, he never quit.

14Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
PKC wrote:My favorite Alfredsson moment:

You know, even though we lost the series and the cup, the best Alfi moment for me was when he tried to take that entire Sens team in game 5 vs the ducks on his back. I think that was when I truly believed he was our leader because he was the only guy that could get it done and the only guy doing everything in his power to get it done.

Not the best result but I think that is the game that defines Alfi, he never quit.

I get your point but you quoted the wrong game five qoute above. You quoted PKC and he was talking about the Buffalo series which we did win. I too agree with you and it was me that was talking about the Ducks series.

- Unknown Author

15Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:13 pm

I was just kinda refering to what I thought his best moment was compared to PKC's is all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum