GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread

+27
Hoags
SensHulk
cain69
Jordo
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
beedub
Hayden
Sens4thecup
SensGirl11
shabbs
caissie_1
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
Sp00nz
ddt
PTFlea
mickbud
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
wprager
PKC
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

31Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:55 pm

mickbud

Prospect
Prospect

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another favourite moment of mine is a personal one.

For the last 4 seasons My Wife and I have drawn a logo on the hood of our car and had players autograph around it. It's all done in Oil pastels so it washes off and we have pictures we keep for the memories.

Well one day after practice at ScotiaBank place we parked our car right near the exit gate and waited. Some players just whizzed by ourselves and the 10 or 15 other fans and some stopped and signed autographs out their windows. Along came Alfie who stopped and signed autographs of course but, we asked if he'd come over to our car and sign the hood. He looked around at the crowd and then smiled and said sure - knowing full well he'd be mobbed for pictures afterward. He even posed with the car as he was about to sign.

I too have a personal favourite moment. It was about 8 years ago when I was in grade 9 and we had to do the "take your kid to work day." I naturally decided to go with my aunt who works for the Senators. I got to skate on the ice alone after practice, meet all the players and basically just chill out, pretty exciting for a 14 year old who is a die hard sens fan. But the best moment I had was meeting Alfie and for one reason only, he was the only one who shook my hand and actually acknowledged me as a person. I'll never forget that, pure class.

32Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

mickbud wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another favourite moment of mine is a personal one.

For the last 4 seasons My Wife and I have drawn a logo on the hood of our car and had players autograph around it. It's all done in Oil pastels so it washes off and we have pictures we keep for the memories.

Well one day after practice at ScotiaBank place we parked our car right near the exit gate and waited. Some players just whizzed by ourselves and the 10 or 15 other fans and some stopped and signed autographs out their windows. Along came Alfie who stopped and signed autographs of course but, we asked if he'd come over to our car and sign the hood. He looked around at the crowd and then smiled and said sure - knowing full well he'd be mobbed for pictures afterward. He even posed with the car as he was about to sign.

I too have a personal favourite moment. It was about 8 years ago when I was in grade 9 and we had to do the "take your kid to work day." I naturally decided to go with my aunt who works for the Senators. I got to skate on the ice alone after practice, meet all the players and basically just chill out, pretty exciting for a 14 year old who is a die hard sens fan. But the best moment I had was meeting Alfie and for one reason only, he was the only one who shook my hand and actually acknowledged me as a person. I'll never forget that, pure class.

wow, and you know it's the little stuff like that that people forget is what makes fans for life of a team/player. i guess that's why he's our captain

33Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love this guy. He stops his car right in front of us, when no other player had done that. They were all on their way out of SBP to fly to Anaheim ( Crying ). Guys would stop and sign stuff, Heatley looked like a thug, Spezza was distracted, but the Captain of the team stopped, got out and the first person over to him was SensGirl11. He signed her brand new Alfie jersey on the back of his beautiful BMW.

Class...nice moment and he acknowledges fans as people - as they all should.

34Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 15281

Anyone question if this is Alfie's team? Oh yeah one guy did and he's gone now. Have fun in SJ.

- Unknown Author

35Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 15281

Anyone question if this is Alfie's team? Oh yeah one guy did and he's gone now. Have fun in SJ.

He probably will. Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 0666

36Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:

it will be more on the beach then in the rink however, he will not get SJ to the holy grail.

37Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

it will be more on the beach then in the rink however, he will not get SJ to the holy grail.

Northern California doesn't exactly have tropical weather in winter, though. I hope he fails miserably. I was indifferent to San Jose before, now I can add them to my bad books!

38Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Northern California doesn't exactly have tropical weather in winter, though. I hope he fails miserably. I was indifferent to San Jose before, now I can add them to my bad books!

much more temperate on the beach there than up here in Canada, wouldn't want to be dipping my toe into the Atlantic this time of year.

39Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:52 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:
much more temperate on the beach there than up here in Canada, wouldn't want to be dipping my toe into the Atlantic this time of year.

Having lived in San Jose for 4 years, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to dip your toes in the Pacific there any time of year. It's cold! Now when you go further south, say LA or so, then it's a different story...

40Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:57 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

ddt wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Having lived in San Jose for 4 years, trust me when I say you wouldn't want to dip your toes in the Pacific there any time of year. It's cold! Now when you go further south, say LA or so, then it's a different story...

I will have to take your word on that because I will never have the pleasure of getting there Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 668437

41Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's true actually. Good comment Clutchie. :happydance:

42Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ddt wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

I was in Monterey Bay in November a few years back (flew into SJ then drove). While I wouldn't go swimming, dipping a toe was not a problem. And, overall, it was pretty nice -- not too hot, not too cold. I don't necessarily think Summers in San Jose are that much hotter that in Ottawa, but the warm weather likely lasts longer than here.

43Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Like im sure many of you, I just heard that Daniel Alfredsson is the longest serving captain in the league right now. Thats a piece of trivia I didn't know.

Even another reason to have a man-crush on this guy! Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 15281

44Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 pm

YAY ALFIE! Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 15281

45Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 668437

https://2img.net/h/i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm140/DayWalk3rz/followmealmo.jpg

46Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 43150

47Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:38 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Deadpoetssociety

48Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"O Captain, my Captain"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum