GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread

+27
Hoags
SensHulk
cain69
Jordo
Riprock
TheAvatar
rooneypoo
beedub
Hayden
Sens4thecup
SensGirl11
shabbs
caissie_1
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
Sp00nz
ddt
PTFlea
mickbud
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
Phoenix30
wprager
PKC
SensFan71
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

586Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Donovan could if he got 30+ minutes a game.

587Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:It's pretty scary to think that his days are numbered and that pretty much no one could ever take his place.

Ever?

It's not a stretch to say "ever".

588Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 1:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

They said Sakic could never be replaced but Duchene looks like he's about to take on 99.9% of his characteristics etc. - and he debuted on the night Sakic retired.

For me personally the landscape of the NHL has changed. Coming up through the ranks there's a ton more emphasis put on two-way play, leadership etc. I don't think it's a stretch to think we'll find another Alfie at some point.

589Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

They said Sakic could never be replaced but Duchene looks like he's about to take on 99.9% of his characteristics etc. - and he debuted on the night Sakic retired.

For me personally the landscape of the NHL has changed. Coming up through the ranks there's a ton more emphasis put on two-way play, leadership etc. I don't think it's a stretch to think we'll find another Alfie at some point.

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 555492

590Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 555492

Shrug

591Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri May 28, 2010 10:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What you talking 'bout Willis?

592Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sat May 29, 2010 7:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:What you talking 'bout Willis?
Too soon?

593Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sat May 29, 2010 7:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Too soon?

It was in memory.

594Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sat May 29, 2010 7:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Too soon?

It was in memory.
Different strokes for different folks...

595Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sat May 29, 2010 9:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So two of the "kids" are now gone. It's amazing that Todd Bridges is still alive after everything he'd been through.

596Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sun May 30, 2010 7:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess this thread is just about as appropriate as any other -- Dennis Hopper (Easy Rider, Blue Velvet, Speed) has lost his battle with prostate cancer. He was 74. So you know how celebrity deaths are supposed to go in threes? Who's next?

597Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sun May 30, 2010 7:55 am

If God is merciful, Lindsay Lohan.

598Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Sun May 30, 2010 8:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:If God is merciful, Lindsay Lohan.

I can't give you a + for that one, but I really want to Smile

Seriously, though, there are soooo many candidates. Maybe that's where the "celebrity deaths come in threes" comes from -- there are so many of them that in any given week you can probably find three fairly easily.

Top candidates:
- Abe Vigoda
- Wilford Brmiley (although he's probably still 59, it's just that he's looked to be in his 60s since, well, the 60s)
- Don Rickles
- Zsa Zsa Gabor -- holey-moley, she's turning 100 this year (if she hasn't already)!

599Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:25 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie just moved into the top 60 on the all-time points board.

600Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Alfie just moved into the top 60 on the all-time points board.
l

Alfie doesn't move. The leader board moves around him. Vertigo

601Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Daniel Alfredsson Appreciation thread Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

All hail The Alfie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum