GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daniel Alfredsson -- longest-serving active Captain

+2
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just read that, with the retirement of Joe Sakic, Alfie is now the longest-serving active Captain in the NHL.

:%%:

Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and the rest of the blog was also worth reading -- the top 10 Alfie moments:
http://www.silversevensens.com/2009/7/13/947126/top-ten-moments-from-daniel

Last edited by wprager on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheers to Alfie.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As for top 10 moments I would have to add the first ever Alfie chant after he emerged from a scrum in game 1 vs. the Pens in 2007.

That is my all time favourite moment. I was there and it was amazing to be part of that spontaneous chant.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I just read that, with the retirement of Joe Sakic, Alfie is now the longest-serving active Captain in the NHL.

:%%:

Cheers

no kidding, kudos to Alfie for leading us through the good times and the bad. Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hail Alfie!

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Atta Boy Alfie!!!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie is a class act. We're lucky to have such a captain.

Prolly safe to say the Senators will retire #11 in the future.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Hoags. I think all he needs now is a Cup ring and he'll write his ticket to the HHOF. Regardless he's the first to have his number retired as a Senator at SBP for sure.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I agree Hoags. I think all he needs now is a Cup ring and he'll write his ticket to the HHOF. Regardless he's the first to have his number retired as a Senator at SBP for sure.

It's not looking good but I wish we could win the Cup with him before he retires. So far we only made it to the finals (which is still more than a lot of players can say).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheers

Cheers Alfie. Our best all-round player in history. We I love you you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum